Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Penpals

Credits

Penpals

Ever had one? When I was younger (in my teens I mean) anytime I went out of state I would end up with 2 or 3 girls that wanted to keep in touch. Outta state gyul use to make me feel like I was ah champion oui.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    lol

yep...one of the things i hate about technology and email and that sort of stuff....it makes simple pleasures like writing a letter or sending a card obsolete....
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    i had one from italy and one from south africa...the south african one nad i kept in touch...he is on my fb too....
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    Lol @ feeling like a champ.

No pen pals but I did used to write to celebrities. I won't forget the day that I got a post card in the mail back from JTT (Jonathan Taylor Thomas...Randy from home improvement) inviting me (and 6384738 other fans) to join him on a celebrity cruise. I wrote to Jonathan Jackson (Lucky from general hospital) and got returned mail. I wasn't too happy about that.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post

No pen pals but I did used to write to celebrities. I won't forget the day that I got a post card in the mail back from JTT (Jonathan Taylor Thomas...Randy from home improvement) inviting me (and 6384738 other fans) to join him on a celebrity cruise. I wrote to Jonathan Jackson (Lucky from general hospital) and got returned mail. I wasn't too happy about that.

that is cute....whatever happened to JTT tho?

Credits
    One of my fav cousins back home was my pen pal. I used to get super excited when I see the envelope with the TnT stamp and her handwriting, she has beautiful penmanship.

I agree with Nikki, the art of letting writing is gone.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    do convicts count lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyshawtie View Post

that is cute....whatever happened to JTT tho?
    I wish I knew. I was so into him. I used to have posters all over my walls and stuff. Smh.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    lol

yep...one of the things i hate about technology and email and that sort of stuff....it makes simple pleasures like writing a letter or sending a card obsolete....
    Current and future generations missing out big time IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyshawtie View Post
    i had one from italy and one from south africa...the south african one nad i kept in touch...he is on my fb too....
    Speaking of that, I had a chick email me way back that was my email pal for a while. She was from Italy and just randomly emailed me and I decided to answer. Had another from France who I had met in a chatroom in the 90's that even invited me to bring my family over to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post

Somehow i couldna see myself doin dat nah. Yuh musse was like ah pig in mud when yuh geh da response eh
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    do y'all remember that penpal thing they did in school? with the paper with all the flags around it.. i think you had to sign up for it... i had penpals but my attention span is on short..so i cant remember when i stopped writing.. one was from Italy, the other one was from Greece.. i remember being older and finding my sister letter to her penpal when she was 7/8 and it had some random statements like "my name is (name) i am 8 years old. I like to play sports and i have goldish hair, and i have a dog. do you have a dog? Penpal i asked if you have a dog so be sure to answer. A dog is important. i hope your dog has a name. My dog's name is Zeus. My older sister (me) doesn't talk to my dog at all. "...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    lol

It also unsocializes (I know its not a real word) us. We as a generation and those that follow will have fewer "REAL FRIENDS" than our parents. You wonder how that plays out in regards to the toll it will take on relationships. When I use to bake cakes for women; them use to love it, now all I have to do is outsource that to an app. And the effect ( amount of pums) just isn't the same anymore.. So I go start baking again.... Nikki you want a cake rasta?

Back to topic, penpaling is in itself a lost art. The brain that we have is a marvelous thing. It natural state is to think, to be self aware, imagine the mounting pleasure and ecstasy from anticipating the joy of another letter. Then the gratification of seeing and recognizing your correspondents hand writing.
    NikkiGiovanni likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo 2 View Post
    It also unsocializes (I know its not a real word) us. We as a generation and those that follow will have fewer "REAL FRIENDS" than our parents. You wonder how that plays out in regards to the toll it will take on relationships. When I use to bake cakes for women; them use to love it, now all I have to do is outsource that to an app. And the effect ( amount of pums) just isn't the same anymore.. So I go start baking again.... Nikki you want a cake rasta?

Back to topic, penpaling is in itself a lost art. The brain that we have is a marvelous thing. It natural state is to think, to be self aware, imagine the mounting pleasure and ecstasy from anticipating the joy of another letter. Then the gratification of seeing and recognizing your correspondents hand writing.
    yuh lookin to get bull
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    there was a show on tv called big blue marble and you could write in to them and get a penpal. My penpal was named Dana from Iowa, she wrote about the cornfields and harvests and going to the fair lol. Anyway we lost touch but I still remember her. I wish my child could experience that kinda thing. When I was in university my closest cousin used to write me long letters, it was so good to get them.

ETA..I just told my daughter I think she should write letters to her cousins in NJ and in Tobago, madam asked why, when we can call them on skype or oovoo.....
    ‎"In the absence of light Darkness prevails."

"Free will; it's a b*tch"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedasheen View Post
    there was a show on tv called big blue marble and you could write in to them and get a penpal. My penpal was named Dana from Iowa, she wrote about the cornfields and harvests and going to the fair lol. Anyway we lost touch but I still remember her. I wish my child could experience that kinda thing. When I was in university my closest cousin used to write me long letters, it was so good to get them.

ETA..I just told my daughter I think she should write letters to her cousins in NJ and in Tobago, madam asked why, when we can call them on skype or oovoo.....
    I know how you feel.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    do y'all remember that penpal thing they did in school? with the paper with all the flags around it.. i think you had to sign up for it...
    thats how i got my 2 penpals...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast