Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrick and the Obeah Woman

Credits

Patrick and the Obeah Woman

New details have emerged about the mystery church being constructed in the Heights of Guanapo to which Prime Minister Patrick Manning has been linked but about which he remains so silent.

continued

Trinidad News, Trinidad Newspaper, Trinidad Sports, Trinidad politics, Trinidad and Tobago, Tobago News, Trinidad classifieds, Trinidad TV, Sports, Business
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    I now now read dis in de express dey....I real laugh....and den I feel real shame....but now I jus angry....20million dey say yuh kno!!!....steups...
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    steups

Credits
    This is the stupidest thing yet, its 20fckin10...why is this clown in charge of my country? Looks like the beginning of the end at least.

Gladiator

Gladiator
    signs of a dictator....and Picong you sure she is an "Obeah" woman lol.or this is your wayward thinking...
    Last edited by Gladiator; 02-28-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Credits

Credits
    While I mihself am a non-believer, I don't like how since this thing came out people only talking about she is a obeahwoman. My problem with the term has to do with its capitalising on ppl's ignorance and disrespect for traditional African beliefs (which she does not practice) and what essentially is obeah even in the African belief context.

And leh mih get it out of de way I think that a person, Manning included, should worship wherever they choose and consult any person they feel is a spiritual advisor. Having said that, I maintain that no spiritual advisor or any kind of fairy tales have any business in shaping public policy anymore than they already have given the type of laws on our books. Even more is the issue of using state resources to build a church or mosque or mandir or palais. In a multi-cultural society that is a very dangerous slope Emperor Manning is embarking upon

I also found it hilarious when he went on to claim that "full gospel" churches need to take action to defend themselves against persecution and people who do not share their beliefs.

Persecution?

FUCKRIES!!!

Let him study history (not even European, Trinidadian, right here in Trinidad) and see what religious persecution was. Let him study the Shouter Prohibition Ordinance and the fact that Hindus had to change their religion in order to practice law and other "prestige" jobs. Let him look at places like the former Yugoslavia before he talks that shit.

And furthermore

Who persecuted, denigrated and made a mockery of other religions more than Christians? You see the results of that ignorance and ethnocentrism right here in Imix far less for talk radio, rumshops, on the street and in churches all across the place.

And what is a full gospel church? Nobody want to answer mih (well, actually they do but I usually get a dirty look if they eh start to stammer). Cause the last I looked, it only have four gospels in the bible. Four very selectively chosen gospels out of the hundreds that were available back when the books of the bible were being assembled. So if it's a full gospel church beng built in Guanapo, I trust if I go I'll be hearing them read from the Gospel of Mary, the Gospel of Infancy, maybe even the recently authenticated Gospel of Judas.
    Create your own university; develop and encourage a culture of critical thinking and action

Credits
    Pena absent
    Woman and flock skip Sunday service
    Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Monday, March 1st 2010

Juliana Pena is a powerful woman of God. She is gifted and has touched the lives of many, including Prime Minister Patrick Manning. Now, however, she must come forward and preach, not just the gospel of Jesus Christ, but what connection she has to a church being constructed by Shanghai Construction Limited in the Heights of Guanapo under a cloud of mystery.

This according to a man who described himself as one of Pena’s ’fellow gospel Ministers, friend and relative’ yesterday.

The man, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said if Pena or Manning erred with respect to this controversy, they would have to answer to God.

Every Sunday for over a year, Pena has conducted sermons at the Arima Girls’ Government Primary school, where she also offered spiritual guidance.

The Express visited the school yesterday in the hope of meeting Pena, but the only crowd present was a pool of media who all waited in vain. Some speculated that the media frenzy over the church may have led to the non-appearance of both Pena and her flock.

Pena did not turn up, nor did any of her followers. The gates of the school remained locked and the only sound of worship came from a Catholic church located opposite and the chants of ’Hallelujah’ from a building nearby from another faith.

However, just after 11 a.m., a man dressed in long sleeve shirt and pants walked up to the gate of the school and enquired whether there was any service.

The Express spoke to the man, who, while preferring to remain anonymous, said he attended Pena’s sermons regularly and offered testimony of her divine gift.

Asked if it was true that Pena had special powers, he said, ’Nobody walks the earth with special powers, people are gifted and she is really gifted. She has a tremendous prophetic anointing and when I say prophetic, she speaks things that is presently taking place in your life, things that the Lord is about to do in your life.’

He added, ’Yes, I believe she is a vessel anointed by God. If we look unto her, the individual, the Bible says look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith and if we look unto her, if she does err in any way, then we would want to blame her.’

Asked about the Lighthouse of the Lord Jesus Christ, the church in the Heights of Guanapo, Arima, which has attracted nationwide attention since the start of its construction on State land by Chinese firm Shanghai Construction under a cloud of secrecy, the man said, ’The Church of Jesus Christ has always been under attack and the Bible tells us that it happened since its time immemorial ... I think the situation itself doesn’t augur well. However, I think at the end of time God is well able to take care of this situation.

’If the Prime Minister erred in any way he will have to account to God, likewise any of us, if we err in any way we are going to have to account to God.’

Questioned on whether he was aware that a church was being built in Guanapo, he said, ’I cannot say I was aware. I had some information but to say that I sat and went through any details and stuff, that is not true.’

Asked if he would worship there given the air of controversy that now hovers over this holy place, he said, ’I will go anywhere once the gospel of Jesus Christ is being preached. The thing about it, it is going to be a concern in the nation presently, especially with all the Chinese labour coming and taking precedence over the local labour force and that kind of thing. It’s going to happen, I expect that will happen and people will not take lightly to it given the high unemployment rate and so on.’

Asked whether he, as a citizen of this country, was concerned over the church and the many unanswered questions with respect to its construction, he said, ’I definitely have concerns in that area, because I believe if something has to be done, let it be done above God and it must be transparent and I am being fair about that.’

When asked why he thought the project was not transparent, he responded, ’That is a very touchy question ... At the end of the day, let me put it this way, whoever is responsible for not allowing it to be transparent, they will be called into account. I don’t want to point fingers at anyone because there are many questions that are unanswered and I may not have all the answers.

’None of us definitely will have all the answers, what we will have definitely are more questions. But definitely it is a concern and it has brought about national interest. The thing is I would not persecute the church per se, I may persecute the way things are being done.’

He continued, ’But as far as the church is concerned and the advancement of the church, I am definitely for its advancement in any nation, because I always encourage people if you are a Hindu be a good Hindu, if you are a Catholic be a good Catholic, a Muslim, whatever you be, be good and best at it.’

Questioned as to what type of person Pena is, he said, ’She is a very humble person and one who really loves the Lord. She has a love and a care for people too I can say. She is not one who tries to buy anybody out or anything. I mean I am not hand to mouth or anything, so it’s not that I am close to her for anything, I have a personal relationship with the Lord and at the end of the day that is what matters.’
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    btw.....she a good obeah (seer) woman............allyuh know.....d good kind who does do good stuff
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Gladiator
    IRO says no religious persecution in T&T
    Tuesday 2nd March, 2010

Prime Minister Patrick Manning's passionate claim of religious persecution in Parliament last Friday has set off a debate about the subject among the various religious groups in the country.

Among those who disagree with Mr. Manning's choice of words is President of the Inter-Religious Organisation, Pundit Bramdeo Maharaj.

He says there is some religious intolerance in T&T but he isn't sure if there is persecution. He says he thinks "it was too strong a word."

Pundit Maharaj has some advice for all politicians - follow the example of a corporate sponsor, based at the Point Lisas Industrial Estate. In his opinion, this organisation does not support any particular religious group, but supports the Inter Religious Organisation which represents 25 religious bodies.

Mr. Maharaj says the Point Lisas Industrial Estate does not support single group and he feels politicians of the country should operate within that framework for the interest of the country.

IRO says no religious persecution in T& T

Credits
    STATUS UPDATE: (6/11/11)
    Nigerians are great people

Gladiator
    ^^

Credits
    dem pentecostals are idiots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast