Thread: PANORAMA

Credits

PANORAMA

Does anyone know which bands will be at which panorama?

n/a

RE: PANORAMA

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-02 AT 03:04 PM (EST)]Well Pantonic will be at USSA at Jefferson Field
    Also: Sonatas, Adlib, NY Nutones, Dem Stars, Youth Panoramics and Damn I forgot who else

Depser USA wil be going back to the museum this year.
    Along with Radoes (and Despers in the same Rama how funny is that)
    Casym, Metro, Moods and I can't remeber the othere band

Credits

STILL 2 PANORAMAS, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

I AM REALLY THINKING WHETHER I SHOULD GO THIS YEAR AT ALL TO ANY ONE OF THEM.

ITS LIKE IF I GO TO ONE, I WILL BE MISSING OUT ON THE OTHER ONE.

AND IF THESE 2 FACTIONS CAN'T GET THEIR ACT STRAIGHT TOGETHER WHY THEY DON'T HOLD THE DAMN SHOWS DEM ON SEPERATE DAYS SO PEOPLE CAN GET THE OPPURTUNITY TO SEE ALL THE BANDS?

Credits

Yes it really is ridiculous. Everybody thinks they're being cheated, the judges are not fair, they being paid off, etc... but they must realize that you can't always be a winner and if you can't take a loss then you don't need to be competing.

n/a

Darling it's more then that why we have too different panoramas.

Credits

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-02 AT 03:34 PM (EST)]That is basically the main reason. I don't play pan anymore but I've participated in panorama for 10 years from 1987 so I know much more than many people who now start playing in panorama.

Credits

What about if the rules of a particular panorama are unjust to many..Or, many panyards are upset about similar problems they see exist...That isn't ridiculous, and isn't it a smart thing to join together to bring about change!!? Why fall back to bad habits, when change in the pan community is among us!!

~God, grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, to CHANGE the things I can, and the wisdom to know the DIFFERENCE!~

Credits

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-02 AT 03:43 PM (EST)]And it will just be a matter of time before people start saying that the new panorama rules are unjust also. Then what? We keep branching off into more panoramas? Until it have about 3 bands in every competition to broaden everyone's chances of winning? We need practice re-organization, not seperation.

Credits

I think that is the simple way to look at the situation, but I guess if u back at the old panorama you see it another way, that's why you're still there..Until compromises happen, I don't see the panoramas joinin' so we go have to deal with it.

God, grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, to CHANGE the things I can, and the wisdom to know the DIFFERENCE!

Credits

I totally agree with you that change is all good and for the best. But instead of bands fighting against one another, because at one point that is what was going on. We need to fight against the people who are behind these events that are allowing the unfair tactics to take place.

n/a

I've playing 4 years now. Yes the 2 Rama is causing some kinda problems. Put it like this:

If u working for company for a long time and then u start to see that things are going on that are not pleasing to you. You sat down wit the big boys of that company to talk about it. You guys come to no agreemnet on making either side happy.The company continues to operate the same way.now you and a couple of co-workers all agree that something has to change or you are leaving.You guys sat down again with the big boys still no change. Ok allyuh leave to form allyuh own company along with some people who have the resources to start this company.Now in this new company you guys will try to avoid the mistake the company you just left made.

You can't blame the bands for leaving.What i think should happen is both organization need to come to some kinda understanding. Some say it's impossible unless WIDAC get new people.
    I personally don't want to go back for my personally reason. I'm a person who likes to go forward not backwards. Yes they will tell If u come back we promise u this and promise you that. But why now? Why when we was tellin allyuh we problems you couldn't work it out with us then.

Pan in NY is not the same anymore. Too much politics involved. Too much Bands going against each other.

Eventually one day both organization will realize what needs to be done to unity the steelbands but for now USSA and WIDAC will have to be seperate for now.

BajanFete

RE: nike

Credits

I agree with you. No one can be mad with the bands for leaving especially if they tried negotiating with the managing people. I'm sure that all the bands would agree, even the ones who still play at the original panorama that there still needs to be change. If all of the bands came together and made demands for fairness and change, what choice would management have? There can be no panorama with out any bands to play. Panorama is just not the same anymore. I hope that one day there will be one panorama again.