Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 113
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Panamanians

  1. #16
    Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ya So So
    Posts
    4,082
    Credits
    6,464
    So when is the best time to go there and where is a good place to stay if you want to experience the culture etc.?

  2. #17
    Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ya So So
    Posts
    4,082
    Credits
    6,464
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Wapin
    Hey!!! You're not Panamanian!!!

  3. #18
    Registered User sankofaa's Avatar sankofaa is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    9,165
    Credits
    2,110,287,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Antigua Me Come Fram View Post
    So when is the best time to go there and where is a good place to stay if you want to experience the culture etc.?


    Carnival in February.

    And it depends, there are some very nice hotels downtown in Panama City, if you want to see a display of the culture go to Mi Pueblito, they have a section dedicated to the black panamanians, spanish, and indians.

    If you have someon with you, you can go through Rio Abajo, thats a large west indian area in panama city(also my birthplace).
    On the colon side they have the statue of the Black Christ in Portobelo, but those are the true black panamanians over there.(non west indian).

  4. #19
    Registered User trinidarkie is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Abroad in the cold longing to be home
    Posts
    6,518
    Credits
    10,615
    I was just walking through one of their malls 2 days ago and I hear Bachelor by Scrunter coming from one of the stores....
    Last edited by trinidarkie; 09-01-2006 at 04:42 PM.

  5. #20
    Dragon Lizard bygmyke33's Avatar bygmyke33 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cold Ass Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,733
    Credits
    1,506,301
    I want to go Panama for christmas hopefully...if not I will be going sometime in July or June...I haven't been back since I was 14 so I AM OVER DUE!!!!!

  6. #21
    Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ya So So
    Posts
    4,082
    Credits
    6,464
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    Carnival in February.

    And it depends, there are some very nice hotels downtown in Panama City, if you want to see a display of the culture go to Mi Pueblito, they have a section dedicated to the black panamanians, spanish, and indians.

    If you have someon with you, you can go through Rio Abajo, thats a large west indian area in panama city(also my birthplace).
    On the colon side they have the statue of the Black Christ in Portobelo, but those are the true black panamanians over there.(non west indian). Are they slave descedents?
    Sounds good. I didn't even realise Panama had another set of blacks. What is relationship like between them and the West Indians?

  7. #22
    Registered User sankofaa's Avatar sankofaa is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    9,165
    Credits
    2,110,287,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Antigua Me Come Fram View Post
    Sounds good. I didn't even realise Panama had another set of blacks. What is relationship like between them and the West Indians?


    not too good, it's gotten better over the years, but my grandmother always told me they eat iguana tails and are uneducated and poorer than poor. My grandfather married one, when my father went to live with them she treated him really poor cus he was my grandmothers child, so he's not too fond of them either. They don't speak any english and they've been isolated so alot of them are VERY black (many look straight african). Some of them even have traditional congo masks, which probably came from africa. I don't know too much about them though, I've never lived around large groups of them.

  8. #23
    Registered User hellokitty's Avatar hellokitty is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27
    Credits
    1,010,529
    Yeah Panama has another set of Blacks. They are strictly Panamanian. They speak no English and the look down at the Panamanians who are of West Indian Descent. They usually live along the coast.

    My Mother's side of family is from Trinidad. My great-grandfather came to Panama to help build the Canal. My Father's side of family is from Jamaica. My paternal grandparents speak no Spanish. They refuse to learn the language because they did not want to lose the West Indian culture.
    The best time to go to Panama is for Christmas. It is very very nice. Panama is a beautiful country. It is very similar to Trinidad. The people are very laid back and they love to Party.

  9. #24
    StillDisBajanSweetFuhDays Amoretti's Avatar Amoretti is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wouldn't U Love To Know?
    Posts
    2,692
    Credits
    1,170,105
    Quote Originally Posted by bygmyke33 View Post
    I want to go Panama for christmas hopefully...if not I will be going sometime in July or June...I haven't been back since I was 14 so I AM OVER DUE!!!!!
    dayum, i thought i was bad! The last time i was down there I was in '98...I wanna go sometime next yr but I'll need a tour guide!

  10. #25
    ........... ~Urbane~'s Avatar ~Urbane~ is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flatbush
    Posts
    12,107
    Credits
    3,758,406

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by SEXYPANAT View Post
    SUNDAY!!! YOU?
    I went Both days!!!!!!!!!
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

  11. #26
    Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ya So So
    Posts
    4,082
    Credits
    6,464
    Thanks for the info guys. Seems interesting. I'm looking forward to going there soon.

  12. #27
    Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ya So So
    Posts
    4,082
    Credits
    6,464
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Yeah Panama has another set of Blacks. They are strictly Panamanian. They speak no English and the look down at the Panamanians who are of West Indian Descent. They usually live along the coast.

    My Mother's side of family is from Trinidad. My great-grandfather came to Panama to help build the Canal. My Father's side of family is from Jamaica. My paternal grandparents speak no Spanish. They refuse to learn the language because they did not want to lose the West Indian culture. The best time to go to Panama is for Christmas. It is very very nice. Panama is a beautiful country. It is very similar to Trinidad. The people are very laid back and they love to Party.
    Interesting. So how do they get around in a Spanish speaking country. How big is the West Indian population?

  13. #28
    Registered User trinidarkie is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Abroad in the cold longing to be home
    Posts
    6,518
    Credits
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Yeah Panama has another set of Blacks. They are strictly Panamanian. They speak no English and the look down at the Panamanians who are of West Indian Descent. They usually live along the coast.

    My Mother's side of family is from Trinidad. My great-grandfather came to Panama to help build the Canal. My Father's side of family is from Jamaica. My paternal grandparents speak no Spanish. They refuse to learn the language because they did not want to lose the West Indian culture.
    The best time to go to Panama is for Christmas. It is very very nice. Panama is a beautiful country. It is very similar to Trinidad. The people are very laid back and they love to Party.

  14. #29
    Tantalizing Tee MissLusciousTee's Avatar MissLusciousTee is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    704
    Credits
    1,059,944
    Quote Originally Posted by gunta View Post
    panamanian women is bess tingz......
    Do I Count...I'm Half

  15. #30
    Ball-in-Hand Hotgirl11226's Avatar Hotgirl11226 is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,389
    Credits
    1,033,290
    I know a lot of Panamanians, a few are black and others are more hispanic. They have a rich culture......

    I usually notice Panamanians by their gold.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •