Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Panamanians

Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Credits

Panamanians

Just noticed a couple of you in Imix. I've always been curious about your country. I know that a lot of West Indians went there to work on the canal. Are any of you guys decendents? If so What's the culture like? My interest was peaked even moreso when I saw the last Survivor series.

Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Antigua Me Come Fram View Post
    Just noticed a couple of you in Imix. I've always been curious about your country. I know that a lot of West Indians went there to work on the canal. Are any of you guys decendents? If so What's the culture like? My interest was peaked even moreso when I saw the last Survivor series.

Panama is Made up of mostly West indian decendents my girl.......
    Panamanian Culture is pretty cool and very easy for a Trini, Yardy ect...... to Embrace since they are so similiar.

They invented Latin Reggae.

There not a bad looking group of people

They have a great sense and taste in music......Since they listen to the same things many islanders listen to and have alot of Spanish versions of dancehall and soca songs ect......

Panamanians make the best Gold Crowns.

In the summer time Panamanians Gather by Caton park next to the Baseball field on Sundays.

umm.....
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ragga~ View Post
    Panama is Made up of mostly West indian decendents my girl.......
    Panamanian Culture is pretty cool and very easy for a Trini, Yardy ect...... to Embrace since they are so similiar.

They invented Latin Reggae.

There not a bad looking group of people

They have a great sense and taste in music......Since they listen to the same things many islanders listen to and have alot of Spanish versions of dancehall and soca songs ect......

Panamanians make the best Gold Crowns.

In the summer time Panamanians Gather by Caton park next to the Baseball field on Sundays.

umm.....
    OK. Because I know of a couple Panamanians here but they seem to be more of a Hispanic origin. Anyway on Survivor I saw this episode where they went to this village where black people lived. They looked as if they could have been from my neighbourhood. I take it that they're fluent in English. I have a Jamaican friend who says she used to go there all the time.

Credits
    Wapin

Credits
    There is a good mixture of people from different origins in Panama. I know for my friend her background is Mennonite/German, Jewish, West Indian, and Hispanic (that's on her paternal grandmother's side). Majority of Panamanians that I have met though have been more on the West Indian side though. Where's Dimeout? She should be able to answer your questions.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Antigua Me Come Fram View Post
    OK. Because I know of a couple Panamanians here but they seem to be more of a Hispanic origin. Anyway on Survivor I saw this episode where they went to this village where black people lived. They looked as if they could have been from my neighbourhood. I take it that they're fluent in English. I have a Jamaican friend who says she used to go there all the time.

Panama has a high number of bilingual west indian people, especially on the caribbean side(colon). But we're all over the country really. Most of our families are from Barbados and Jamaica( my whole family is originally from St Ann, Portland, and May Pen), and being in a spanish speaking country and isolated, we've retained our culture and do things similar to our bredrin in the various islands. Many of us still keep in contact with our families so the connection is there.

You should go if you get a chance, you don't really see any other countries quite like panama.

Credits
    Panama Is A Very Beautiful Place, With Lots Of Beautiful People And A Great Culture!!!!! Ragga's Description Is Very Well Put..... My Backround Is Trini And Bajan.... My Household Does Speak Spanish And Still Take Part In Alot Of The Different Culture And Events That The Panamanian Community Offers. My Mom Was Born In Costa Rica Which Is Right Next To Panama, Driving Distance Actually. But She Grew Up In Panama. There Cultures Are Very Similar... As Far As Music Panamanians Love Music We Can Hang To Whatever, Salsa, Merengue, Soca, Zouk,reggae, Even American Music....... And Yes We Been Doing Reggaeton Long B4 Don Omar And Daddy Yankee. We Just Were'nt Able To Get It On The Airwaves, The Puerto Ricans Beat Us To It..lol.... Its All Good Though!!! If You Guys Remember El General, He Is From Panama And 1 Of The First Reggaeton Artist To Make It. My Fam And Alot Of Other Black Panamanians Take Part In The West Indian Day Parade Because It Is Still Part Of Our Culture, Some Panamanians Will Go Watch But Feel Like Its Not Part Of They Culture Cause Its Not There Heritage... So Be It

Credits

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SEXYPANAT View Post
    Panama Is A Very Beautiful Place, With Lots Of Beautiful People And A Great Culture!!!!! ~Ragga's~ Description Is Very Well Put..... My Backround Is Trini And Bajan.... My Household Does Speak Spanish And Still Take Part In Alot Of The Different Culture And Events That The Panamanian Community Offers. My Mom Was Born In Costa Rica Which Is Right Next To Panama, Driving Distance Actually. But She Grew Up In Panama. There Cultures Are Very Similar... As Far As Music Panamanians Love Music We Can Hang To Whatever, Salsa, Merengue, Soca, Zouk,reggae, Even American Music....... And Yes We Been Doing Reggaeton Long B4 Don Omar And Daddy Yankee. We Just Were'nt Able To Get It On The Airwaves, The Puerto Ricans Beat Us To It..lol.... Its All Good Though!!! If You Guys Remember El General, He Is From Panama And 1 Of The First Reggaeton Artist To Make It. My Fam And Alot Of Other Black Panamanians Take Part In The West Indian Day Parade Because It Is Still Part Of Our Culture, Some Panamanians Will Go Watch But Feel Like Its Not Part Of They Culture Cause Its Not There Heritage... So Be It
    Thank you my girl........I have Panamanian god parents.......and i try to go to the festivals in that park by Grand army Plaza every year ( i bought a crazy soca Cd from there this year). Am about to buy some new gold crowns for my teeth so i gotta check up on yall.. .LOL
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:

Credits
    Thank you my girl........I have Panamanian god parents.......and i try to go to the festivals in that park by Grand army Plaza every year ( i bought a crazy soca Cd from there this year). Am about to buy some new gold crowns for my teeth so i gotta check up on yall.. .LOL
    LOL... YEAH I WAS OUT THERE AS WELL... I ENJOYED MYSELF. DIMEOUT EVEN CAME AND HUNG OUT WITH ME ON THE SUNDAY.... AND WE BOUGHT SOME CD'S AS WELL... HOPEFULLY I'LL BE BACK IN PANAMA FEB-MARCH TIME

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SEXYPANAT View Post
    LOL... YEAH I WAS OUT THERE AS WELL... I ENJOYED MYSELF. DIMEOUT EVEN CAME AND HUNG OUT WITH ME ON THE SUNDAY.... AND WE BOUGHT SOME CD'S AS WELL... HOPEFULLY I'LL BE BACK IN PANAMA FEB-MARCH TIME
    What day was you there Saturday or sunday

Credits
    What day was you there Saturday or sunday
    SUNDAY!!! YOU?

Credits
    panamanian women is bess tingz......

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by gunta View Post
    panamanian women is bess tingz......
    WELL THANKS

Credits
    Pasa me la botella....voy a beber a nombre de ella

that's one of my fav. songs from Panama (by Mach & Daddy)...there's another one that was BIG during Panama carnival but I can't remember how it goes right now.
    Last edited by Taina; 09-01-2006 at 02:28 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taina View Post
    Pasa me la botella....voy a beber a nombre de ella

that's one of my fav. songs from Panama (by Mach & Daddy)...there's another one that was BIG during Panama carnival but I can't remember how it goes right now.
    YUP!!!!!! I LOVE THAT SONG IT REMINDS ME OF CARNIVAL

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast