Thread: Opinion Poll

Credits

Opinion Poll

What are the imixers thoughts on t the Supreme Court decided that the execution of juveniles is cruel and unusual punishment in violation of the 8th Amendment. The 8th Amendment's ban on "cruel and unusual" punishment is different from other parts of the Constitution. The court decided half a century ago that the meaning would change with society's evolving standards of decency.
    So the courts ruled against it but I feel that they should asset that type of decision on a case by case basis.

The reasons for they ruling how to do with everyone saying its unconstitutional, moral belief it’s barbaric to execute people who were 16 and 17 years old when they committed murders, influence from other countries and scientific finding that the frontal lobe area of the brain that help in decision making and control impulsive doesn’t fully develop until human are in their early twenties.

I see the point of view of the Supreme Court but I feel that it should be based on the individual person's case. Example in a case Roper Vs Simmons a 16 and 17 yr old killed their neighbor and one of the kids was basically bragging about what he did said they cant do anything to him because of his age.
    With reactions like that makes me think that these kids are going to take advantage of the system because it works in their favor.

I'm sure they are fine with spending the rest of their lives incarceration surviving off my hard earn dollars. And who is to say these kids aren’t aware of their decisions.

Feedback….

TC
    Credits
    If one is old enough to think rationally and commit serious crimes, consciously knowing it was wrong...and then having the balls to brag about it...I say he or she should face the music...even though such punishment is usually intended for people 18yrs and over.
    BTW:
    WELCOME TO IMIX!!!!!!