Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The One That Got Away...

Credits

The One That Got Away...

If you had a second chance with the one that got away, would you take it, or would you prefer to hold on to the fantasy?

If you'd take it, what would you do differently?

Would it matter if the opportunity came when you were already in a committed relationship with someone else (i.e. if you had to give up a "sure" thing for the uncertainty that things won't work out with "the one that got away")?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by topclassbubbla
    If you had a second chance with the one that got away, would you take it, or would you prefer to hold on to the fantasy?

Would it matter if the opportunity came when you were already in a committed relationship with someone else (i.e. if you had to give up a "sure" thing for the uncertainty that things won't work out with "the one that got away")?

I'm working on that right now... second chances don't come easily... And I won't squander it....

Credits
    nice... I dont think I would take it. I like to just let things die, and think they worked out that way for a reason. Plus the fantasy element of it is kinda nice. If we got back together, he prolly wouldnt be considered "the one that got away", he would be "that jerk" or "waste of time" or whatever everyone else who didnt get away is considered.

Credits
    Hmmn, the "what if" phenomenon is always puzzling and it can go many different ways. They say that your life is made up of the paths you take or the understanding of the path that is already laid out for you.. For me I would take that chance just to see where it would lead. And hopefully try to be a different person and if it doesnt work out then no loss at least I know I gave it my all..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatJamz kiDD
    Hmmn, the "what if" phenomenon is always puzzling and it can go many different ways. They say that your life is made up of the paths you take or the understanding of the path that is already laid out for you.. For me I would take that chance just to see where it would lead. And hopefully try to be a different person and if it doesnt work out then no loss at least I know I gave it my all..
    Remind me not to date yuh, so that yuh cyah leff mi for the one that got away...

Credits
    Remind me not to date yuh, so that yuh cyah leff mi for the one that got away...
    Luckily she is already involved and has a kid now.. We can still be together..

Roz
    Credits

Credits

yeah i would.. if i in a commited relationship really depends on de woman that got a way and whether my committed relationship is anything to be concerned about

Credits

Somebody ate the last jelly doughnut again?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Pole
    Somebody ate the last jelly doughnut again?
    LMAO!!!

to answer the question I would take the second chance

if in a relationship I don't think I would act on it

what would I do differently? ummm I would communicate my feelings more clearly

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by yanktiguan
    nice... I dont think I would take it. I like to just let things die, and think they worked out that way for a reason. Plus the fantasy element of it is kinda nice. If we got back together, he prolly wouldnt be considered "the one that got away", he would be "that jerk" or "waste of time" or whatever everyone else who didnt get away is considered.

But how do you really feel... tell us..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo 2
    But how do you really feel... tell us..
    juss so

Credits

Ah had 2 wait alllllll day 2 post in here cuz dere was a quote ah wanted 2 use dat helped meh geh thru a relatinship wit n ex...."Anything dead coming back hurts" Toni Morrison - Beloved...ah got de quote from Vanzant's book...she goes on2 say dat "If you insist on drinking form the same used cup, you will eventually get sick."

I believe ppl are exes for a reason...yuh should learn whateva lesson yuh should from de relationship n leave dem alone...ah had 2 use dat quote a lot when ah was tryin 2 get ova n ex from undergrad/grad school...ah cyah act like ah have neva been in a situation where ah "hook up" wit an ex agine...buh tryin 2 have a serious relationship...nah...ah cyah do dat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenBea
    LMAO!!!

to answer the question I would take the second chance

if in a relationship I don't think I would act on it

what would I do differently? ummm I would communicate my feelings more clearly
    same here!!
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by JaTrini

I believe ppl are exes for a reason...yuh should learn whateva lesson yuh should from de relationship n leave dem alone...ah had 2 use dat quote a lot when ah was tryin 2 get ova n ex from undergrad/grad school...ah cyah act like ah have neva been in a situation where ah "hook up" wit an ex agine...buh tryin 2 have a serious relationship...nah...ah cyah do dat
    Ok what if you was never "hooked up" or together with that person e.g. it could be a crush or for cirumstances beyond your control (moving to another country/state)?

Well right now I'm still thinking what I should do because that's the decision I have to make about now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast