Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Once You Go Black, You Never Go Back...And Then You Become a Single Mother

Credits

Post Once You Go Black, You Never Go Back...And Then You Become a Single Mother

Once You Go Black, You Never Go Back...And Then You Become a Single Mother

There is a Growing Negative Trend Amongst Mixed Couples and the Children Are Left to Suffer

There isn't much statistical data on it and perhaps it is because there is no medium or foundation for which to base it on. Or perhaps the importance level isn't quite that demanding. However, there is a "trend" if you will and very real epidemic of single white mothers, raising interracial children. Who's fault is it? This issue lies very much in the gray area of the black and white statistics of single mothers versus married ones, and further gets complicated within the intricate statistical details of those women based on race, employment status, education and so forth and so on.

I bring this issue to light because there was a quote I recall, once stated by a white women that said: "Once You Go Black, You Never Go Back....and Then You Become A Single Mother." Initially, I found this to be quite amusing and humorous. Yet, after pondering on it further, I found some perhaps hidden truths within the statement. In my own personal experience of dealing with single mothers, whether through a working profession, or through friendship, I have discovered a hidden fact, particularly amongst white women.

First of all, there is no secret that there are more black single mothers within our nation. Statistics prove this clearly, from various resources including; The Rising Popularity Of Single Motherhood by Benee of Cocoamamas.com, where it is referenced from a CNN report that 72% of black kids are born to single mothers, while white mothers only cover 28%. Other references, such as Kids Count Data Center via Kidscount.org has a compiled data sheet of statistics with reference to single households provided by the National KIDS COUNT Program, where black families are at the forefront covering 67%, while white single households cover 24%. The website even details these statistical findings from state to state.

Statistics also show that mothers in general are at the forefront of the single parent category, according to reports from the U.S. Census Bureau in 2009, issued by about.com in an article written by Jennifer Wolf. The reports show that 84% of the 13.7 million single parents are mothers. It further breaks down these numbers amongst mothers on some form of public assistance with relation to poverty levels.

The thing is however, that there are very little reports on single white mothers raising biracial children of maternity. There is much media hype about those mothers whom are adopting black children from various foreign countries, so much so, that it has become a thing of amusement and propaganda amongst the media. Yet, the real and more important case of single white mothers raising biracial children is not getting the attention perhaps it is so duly deserved. Again, let me make it clear that this article is in discussion of single white mothers, with whom are raising biracial children in which they have bore. Not the case of adoption, custodial or simply put, single white mothers of non-biological children. I feel that there is enough media hype on this issue of the mentioned categories through the liberal media to the point that there is a sense of glorification of such an act.

The article written by Benee of Cocoamamas.com brings awareness to this trend through exploiting various Hollywood movies, including Knocked-Up and Baby Mama, to where the illustration of single white mothers whose intentions are to be single white mothers is glorified. Yet, the statistical ratings on these single white mothers and single mothers as a whole paints a very different and darker picture.

For one thing, raising children in a single parent home has proven to be a financial burden time and time again. Statistics have shown that most single mothers are in need of and are being supported by some governmental assistance program, even if the father is providing child support. Because the dependence of governmental assistance isn't designed to be an elongated crutch for these mothers, it is safe to say that these resorts are conditional and undesired. Statistics, further illustrate that these hardships lead to less successful outcomes for both mother and child, while also contributing to psychological issues amongst children as they approach adulthood.

With that being said, let us now cut to the chase of the statement that started it all; "Once You Go Black, You Never Go Back...and Then You Become A Single Mother." As I have stated earlier, my experiences with white mothers of biracial children has often subconsciously pointed out that these white mothers were and still are single. I can personally recall at least six white mothers whom bore children by black men and of which only one is married to the biological father. All of these women have also expressed that they prefer to be intimately involved with black men over any other race as well. I only know of one black women personally, that has biracial children by a white man and she is also married to him. Does this say something about men versus women and the battle of the races? Surely my small scale of figures cannot be concise enough, yet it does shed a dim light as to the trend of the, at first, humorous statement that kicked off this article.

Furthermore, what does this statement and seemingly supported trend say about the fathers? What does it say about the black father at that? It is no secret that black fathers are leading in the category of making babies out of wedlock and are even furthering their lack of responsibilties by neglecting their fatherly duties, whether through leaving women to be single and/or not providing financial, emotional and other important support needed in the rearing of their children. These numbers however, reflect mostly amongst black men and black women. Again, because there isn't much compiled data as to the effects the black men leave on their interracial counterparts, it is tough to say that the interracial relations amongst black men and white women hold true as well. It can perhaps be assumed, or indicatively guessed that the numbers, with respect to these interracial relationships involving children, are not far behind.

Going a little deeper, the question of what must we do may then arrive. What will it take to stop this epidemic and restore the good name of not only the role of the black father, but all fathers that have earned the right of being called "Dead-Beat" over the years?

Once You Go Black, You Never Go Back...And Then You Become a Single Mother - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Credits
    i skimmed the article but wow @ the below

The Rising Popularity Of Single Motherhood by Benee of Cocoamamas.com, where it is referenced from a CNN report that 72% of black kids are born to single mothers, while white mothers only cover 28%.
    dollbabi likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    [SIZE="4"]

First of all, there is no secret that there are more black single mothers within our nation. Statistics prove this clearly, from various resources including; The Rising Popularity Of Single Motherhood by Benee of Cocoamamas.com, where it is referenced from a CNN report that 72% of black kids are born to single mothers, while white mothers only cover 28%. Other references, such as Kids Count Data Center via Kidscount.org has a compiled data sheet of statistics with reference to single households provided by the National KIDS COUNT Program, where black families are at the forefront covering 67%, while white single households cover 24%. The website even details these statistical findings from state to state.

Credits
    ^^^ and dude be stupid enough to buss inside of her

it's two fold
    dollbabi likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    i skimmed the article but wow @ the below
    The difference is staggering, right? Sad.

Credits
    The difference is staggering, right? Sad.
    yes! it really is a shame. wow. i need to read the full article before i say more.

meetings today...

Credits
    another thing that stood out to me and i wonder what the reason is here (not giving into the "myth")

All of these women have also expressed that they prefer to be intimately involved with black men over any other race as well.

Juan Dan
    "dollbabi you just hate black women you a phag who gets no poosy"

oops wrong tred
    wrong cliche
    A.K.K.S. likes this.

Credits
    yes! it really is a shame. wow. i need to read the full article before i say more.

meetings today...
    Gotcha. It's really nothing new but pointing out that now many "white" women who are dealing with "black" men are facing the same single motherhood issues as "black" women.

Credits
    Gotcha. It's really nothing new but pointing out that now many "white" women who are dealing with "black" men are facing the same single motherhood issues as "black" women.
    Wonder does the same excuse apply? "white women are difficult"
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    another thing that stood out to me and i wonder what the reason is here (not giving into the "myth")
    Not sure about that one...reason may depend on the woman.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinks View Post
    Wonder does the same excuse apply? "white women are difficult"
    Why Chinks I urge you to behave!! Such a thought...
    Can't keep your eyes off my fatty
    Daddy, I want you, na na
    Drunk in love...I want you

Je ne sais quoi
    Cherie, m'vle-ou
    Aswe ya ce net al kole!

Juan Dan
    when I was in an interracial marriage
    black people tried their HARDEST to ################ it up
    eventually we just couldnt do it anymore
    nothing worse than a miserable black woman who is prejudiced or raycist or have a low self esteem
    black people are the most hateful set of creatures on the planet
    hence

if black women were nicer to people in interracial relationships
    maybe things owuld work out better

"sellout" etc

Credits
    Furthermore, what does this statement and seemingly supported trend say about the fathers? What does it say about the black father at that? It is no secret that black fathers are leading in the category of making babies out of wedlock and are even furthering their lack of responsibilties by neglecting their fatherly duties, whether through leaving women to be single and/or not providing financial, emotional and other important support needed in the rearing of their children
    ..Yet we (black women) are redeemed as the "Terroists" to our community
    Can't keep your eyes off my fatty
    Daddy, I want you, na na
    Drunk in love...I want you

Je ne sais quoi
    Cherie, m'vle-ou
    Aswe ya ce net al kole!

Credits
    Said this over and over on this board.......that right there is a red light.........when u hate your own or willing to overlook a decent human being because of race........head bad and they will encounter problems because their decision making is focked up bad
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast