Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMA PANDAY/ JACK WARNER..it gets more bizarre...

where is the greatest CARNIVAL?..well then yuh find meh!
    Credits

Arrow OMA PANDAY/ JACK WARNER..it gets more bizarre...

Oma's bail too high

OMA PANDAY'S bail was unreasonable, her lawyer submitted in court yesterday. It, however, remained unchanged.

The $750,000 sum was too high and the instruction for bail to be approved by the Clerk of the Peace III was restrictive, according to attorney Prakash Ramadhar, who said he was deeply concerned with the bail set.

Attorney Kamla Persad-Bissessar is also representing Mrs Panday.

He raised his concerns in court yesterday when she appeared before Magistrate Ejenny Espinet in the Port of Spain First Magistrate's Court. Bail was initially set by Senior Magistrate Lianne Lee Kim and Espinet left it unchanged.

The charge was read to Oma Panday by Espinet: that on December 30, 1998, she aided and abetted her husband, Basdeo Panday, in corruptly receiving from Carlos John and Ishwar Galbaransingh £25,000 (over $250,000) as an inducement or reward for the said Basdeo Panday favouring the interest of Northern Construction Ltd (NCL) in relation to the Construction Package III at the new terminal development project at Piarco Airport.
    ****If you're over 10 And watch CNN and believe everything
    You're in 2 deep, And your 35 And you still survive, idle pon corner side
    You're in 2 deep (Damian Marley -In 2 Deep)****
    "pitch yuh k.u..nt" (taken from VincyShenny)

Credits

Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday is being kept in the top security section of the Maximum Security Prison, where the only prison inmate in an otherwise empty building is contract killer Shawn Parris.

The former Prime Minister has ended up in the cell block once occupied by Dhanraj Singh, one of his Ministers during the UNC's six years of governance.

Sources said yesterday that Panday appeared "strong, confident, smiling", dressed in a white T-shirt, blue long pants, and "rubber slippers".

Panday's new quarters is an eight-by-ten-foot concrete box, gated at the front, with a small window to the rear, opening out to the prison courtyard facing south.

Dhanraj Singh spent almost two years at the prison, before being freed on the charge of murder.

Told of where Panday was being kept, Singh said, "It is sad for me to see him like this. I admired him. He was my boss. We must not disrespect our heroes. He is like a grandfather to this nation, an old man."

The top security section of the prison is reserved for for high-risk prisoners, and imprisoned State witnesses waiting to testify. The building was where Brent Danglade, a State witness in the Abu Bakr conspiracy to murder trial, was kept.

Panday, who celebrated his 71st birthday on May 23, was arrested by members of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACIB) at the Opposition Office in Port of Spain on Tuesday.

He was charged jointly with his wife, Oma, with corruptly receiving £25,000 on December 30, 1998, from Ish Galbaransingh and Carlos John in an account to favour NCL in getting Construction Package 3 in the Piarco Airport Development Project.

Panday refused to take the $750,000 bail granted and opted to be taken to prison.

The Daily Express was told that Panday was first taken to the Royal Gaol, Frederick Street, Port of Spain.

A source said Panday said some prisoners began chanting, "Panday, Panday."

At the prison, a decision was taken to assign Panday to the Maximum Security Prison.

He was taken there around 7 p.m. on Tuesday, and again prisoners chanted his name as he was taken in.

Prison sources told the Daily Express that all new prisoners are subjected to a "strip and cavity" search, but it is unknown whether Panday was spared this.

Panday is being kept on the second floor of the building, and only high-ranking prison officers have access to him.

Several cells down is Shawn Parris, the man sentenced to life for the murder of Dr Chandra Naraynsingh, the former wife of Prof Vijay Naraynsingh. He is a State witness in the case against Naraynsingh's wife, Seeromani, and business Elton Ramasir.

Panday was visited by his wife, Oma Panday, after her appearance in court yesterday.

As she left the prison, Mrs Panday said little to waiting members of media when asked how her husband was doing. "He is fine, and he is in good spirits. He is very comfortable," she said as she continued to walk to her car.

He also met with attorneys Prakash Ramadhar and Brian Dabideen, UNC MPs Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Ganga Singh, Singh's wife, Dana Singh, and his (Panday's) niece, attorney Anuusha Panday, the daughter of Subhas Panday.

The group spent about an hour with Panday.

Sources said Panday has a small bunk bed, wash basin and bathroom stall in his cell, and took into prison several books, including one on learning Hindi.

He has asked that his food be brought for him by family, and the source said he slept "a bit" on Tuesday night.

Panday told his visitors that guards were treating him well, and "he is doing this because he believes it needs to be done to show people what is happening in the country. He believes that his symbolic stand will be worth something. And he he said he cannot be broken, because he is protected by the truth", the source said.

Panday told his wife that he does not intend to seek bail. He will next appear in court on June 7.

Credits
    ok..in addition to this...

FIFA's Jack Warner - known UNC financer and supporter indicated to the media yesterday that all UNC supporters should stad ready to support Mr. Panday and do like him when he starts his hunger strike....

ALL supporters must stand ready for the battle call.....
    Last edited by saucytrini; 06-02-2005 at 08:56 PM.

Credits
    While in prison —
    Medics keep check on Panday’s health
    By SEAN DOUGLAS
    TRINIDAD NEWSDAY

LEADER of the Opposition, Basdeo Panday, yesterday had several medical check-ups by prison doctors monitoring his health.

He had spent his first night of an expected seven-day stay at Golden Grove Maximum Security Prison after he had on Tuesday declined to take bail for bribery charges to protest his innocence.

Supporters have voiced that concerns over the health of Panday who is now 72 years old and has had triple-bypass heart surgery. Reports are that he requires tablets for his heart twice daily.

But yesterday, medical authorities at the prison infirmary, where Panday is staying, were taking care of him.

Siparia MP Kamla Persad-Bissessar told Newsday, "They do regular checks. The prison authorities administer the medications to him. His life is in their hands."

Persad-Bissessar visited Panday along with his wife Oma Panday and Caroni East MP Ganga Singh. They met him in a small room for one hour yesterday morning. They were not allowed into the actual infirmary.

Credits
    a wonder how the person who made that statement onradio feeling about Jack Warner-a 'black' man as one of the chief financers of the UNC party..?

Toppa_Toppa
    Ask Islandfantasy to merge the threads nah? Keep meh from going back and forth tuh say de same ting.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by saucytrini
    a wonder how the person who made that statement onradio feeling about Jack Warner-a 'black' man as one of the chief financers of the UNC party..?
    I was thinking the same thing.

*singing* Pandaaaay in de cell, pandaaaay not feelin well"
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Toppa_Toppa
    Quote Originally Posted by shandy

Ohwatanassiam!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa
    Ohwatanassiam!

this one make me weak....

oh gosh...................

oh gosh

Toppa_Toppa
    LOL I cyar wait fuh the Calypsoes n dem tuh come out boy! Cro Cro go make mas with Panday!

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa
    LOL I cyar wait fuh the Calypsoes n dem tuh come out boy! Cro Cro go make mas with Panday!
    Impulse too.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by shandy

*singing* Pandaay for cane Trinis, Pandaay for cane Trinis.....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark
    *singing* Pandaay for cane Trinis, Pandaay for cane Trinis.....

it take u to put this up

Credits
    excerpts from TRINIDAD GUARDIAN story
    By Yvonne Webb

FIFA vice-president Austin Jack Warner used the UNC platform on Wednesday night to extend an olive branch to expelled and disgruntled members, including Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj, Trevor Sudama, Gillian Lucky and Dr Fuad Khan, to close ranks to fight the ruling PNM.

But Couva South MP Kelvin Ramnath, who mounted the same platform in Gasparillo, blamed some of them for their removal from government.

....... “Bas is in the company of men like Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru, men like Nkrumah, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Nelson Mandela, all of them make jail and all of them come out to lead their people.”

Telling supporters to keep the faith, he forewarned that Panday would soon begin a hunger strike and urged them, “When he begins his hunger strike, all of us must join with him.”

............... Saying he heard some remarks among supporters which had him scared, Warner dissuaded them from arming themselves.

“I beg you, don’t arm yourselves. Arm your mind, arm your brain. This calls for a time to use your head,” he said.

“I tell you to go home and plan and plan and plan. Find yourselves all over the country, sit and plan strategies. And don’t use the phones.”

Credits
    Panday ready to die for ideals
    By AZARD ALI
    TRINIDAD NEWSDAY

A large crowd of UNC supporters at Gasparillo Junction received a message from Basdeo Panday in his Golden Grove Maximum State prison — that their political leader was willing to die in prison for a fair society. The message was conveyed by Siparia MP Kamla Persad-Bissessar from Panday to a crowd on Wednesday night.

The UNC meeting was launched as the party seeks to politicise Tuesday’s arrest of the Opposition Leader on corruption charges. A series of meetings throughout Central Trinidad and the East-West corridor have been launched this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast