Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Old School Music

  1. #1
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990

    Old School Music

    It doesn't MATTER if it is soca, calypso, reggae, salsa, R&B/SOUL, rock/soft rock, pop, disco, spouge or whatever type of genre, whenever you feeling the VIBE just tawk yuh tawk.
    Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 01-15-2006 at 07:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User trini_slimz is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    580
    Credits
    925
    i love ole school dancehall...all dis catch ah fire bizness nowadays is ah bit too much 4 me..i doh need ah fulll aerobics workout when i go ah party...

  3. #3
    ........ G.T. socalova's Avatar G.T. socalova is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,866
    Credits
    1,016,034
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    It doesn't MATTER if it is soca, calypso, reggae, salsa, R&B/SOUL, rock/soft rock, pop, disco, spouge, or whatever type of genre, whenever you feeling the VIBE just tawk yuh tawk.
    Is dat de spooge out ah Barbados?

  4. #4
    Registered User IllSitOnYaFace's Avatar IllSitOnYaFace is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,068
    Credits
    1,010,806
    old school music is the best!!! makes me feel kinda ol' tho

  5. #5
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990
    Quote Originally Posted by G.T.socalova
    Is dat de spooge out ah Barbados?
    Yes, I am REFERRING to the SPOUGE out of Barbados.

  6. #6
    ........ G.T. socalova's Avatar G.T. socalova is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,866
    Credits
    1,016,034
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Yes, I am REFERRING to the SPOUGE out of Barbados.
    I tell yuh, when I does hear some of dese music it reminds me dat we all de same, yeh. Bajan Spouge is very similar to the Jamaican's Tempo n Ska. At one point way back when, we was all singing de same type ah music wit little difference... even certain Calypso and Kaiso have dat same feel. Guyanese are big pon dese tunes deh. Not to mention de "Great" Jackie Opel.

  7. #7
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990
    Quote Originally Posted by G.T.socalova
    I tell yuh, when I does hear some of dese music it reminds me dat we all de same, yeh. Bajan Spouge is very similar to the Jamaican's Tempo n Ska. At one point way back when, we was all singing de same type ah music wit little difference... even certain Calypso and Kaiso have dat same feel. Guyanese are big pon dese tunes deh. Not to mention de "Great" Jackie Opel.
    If you want to hear SPOUGE music for like 3 hours straight then you should listen to 101.5 FM on Sundays from 1PM to 3PM with DJ Double R and Snocone.

  8. #8
    ........ G.T. socalova's Avatar G.T. socalova is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,866
    Credits
    1,016,034
    Oh yea, VP... I just hear a Vincy pon de radio and his accent sound a mixture of Vincy and Guyanese . And why did I hear a Guyanese talking wit he Gt accent but, it sounding Bajan. Is like NY ppl rel mixup eh.

  9. #9
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990
    Quote Originally Posted by G.T.socalova
    Oh yea, VP... I just hear a Vincy pon de radio and his accent sound a mixture of Vincy and Guyanese . And why did I hear a Guyanese talking wit he Gt accent but, it sounding Bajan. Is like NY ppl rel mixup eh.
    I bet the person you heard is SCORPION...he from GT.

    Oops....too quick on the DRAW...which station are you referring to?

  10. #10
    ........ G.T. socalova's Avatar G.T. socalova is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,866
    Credits
    1,016,034
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    I bet the person you heard is SCORPION...he from GT.
    Nah, I en talking bout 101.5 FM... I talkin bout when I was listenin 107.5 FM. Remember in S.I, I'm not gettin dat station.

  11. #11
    LGN
    Registered User LGN's Avatar LGN is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South-East, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,481
    Credits
    830,658
    I put Mint Condition - Pretty Brown Eyes. on my phone the other day. thats a nice tune.

  12. #12
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990
    Quote Originally Posted by G.T.socalova
    Nah, I en talking bout 101.5 FM... I talkin bout when I was listenin 107.5 FM. Remember in S.I, I'm not gettin dat station.
    Speaking of STATEN ISLAND, meet me at the CORPORATE PARK on Thursday....I believe it is SOUTH AVE.

  13. #13
    Registered User iPicong's Avatar iPicong is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    JC/Brazil 2014
    Posts
    51,424
    Credits
    44,178,436
    My favorites are from early 80's to early 90's.

  14. #14
    ........ G.T. socalova's Avatar G.T. socalova is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,866
    Credits
    1,016,034
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Speaking of STATEN ISLAND, meet me at the CORPORATE PARK on Thursday....I believe it is SOUTH AVE.


    Are U going to show UP dis TIME.

  15. #15
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,616
    Credits
    47,075,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlian Defoe
    I put Mint Condition - Pretty Brown Eyes. on my phone the other day. thats a nice tune.
    Yeah...that is a NICE chune.

    I like "SECOND TIME AROUND" by Shalamar.....it always gets me THINKING for some strange reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •