Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: OK So I watched it again last night...

  1. #1
    God is my pilot Shandy 2.0's Avatar Shandy 2.0 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    ...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Posts
    26,976
    Credits
    1,088,856

    OK So I watched it again last night...

    And I don't believe Tony got whacked. He is very much alive and Meadow did walk into that diner, sat down and had her onion rings with the rest of the family.

    Besides, Phil's men agreed not to hit any more of Tony's people but they don't care what happened to Phil. So who's really in that diner to whack Tony?

    That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

    PS. the orange cat is Christopher reincarnate. J/K J/K
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

    "If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

  2. #2
    Registered User brownskintrini's Avatar brownskintrini is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in happiness
    Posts
    9,227
    Credits
    1,525,657
    Quote Originally Posted by shandy View Post
    And I don't believe Tony got whacked. He is very much alive and Meadow did walk into that diner, sat down and had her onion rings with the rest of the family.

    Besides, Phil's men agreed not to hit any more of Tony's people but they don't care what happened to Phil. So who's really in that diner to whack Tony?

    That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

    PS. the orange cat is Christopher reincarnate. J/K J/K
    But see here's the thing.

    Why of all the things he and Bobby said to one another would he flash back to Bobby saying that when you die everything turns black?

  3. #3
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    This is our version of "Was there a 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll"????...
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.



    Long Live the Queen!

  4. #4
    God is my pilot Shandy 2.0's Avatar Shandy 2.0 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    ...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Posts
    26,976
    Credits
    1,088,856
    Quote Originally Posted by brownskintrini View Post
    But see here's the thing.

    Why of all the things he and Bobby said to one another would he flash back to Bobby saying that when you die everything turns black?
    I'm in denial.

    but seriously is that the case with the final blackout? Or is this Chase's sick joke for the Sopranos fans to leave figuring it out?
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

    "If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

  5. #5
    m
    Reign of Fire...Judgement m's Avatar m is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    9,383
    Credits
    1,026,555
    So do you now think the finale was a work of art or was it whack?

    No pun intended.

  6. #6
    Registered User YardiePrincess's Avatar YardiePrincess is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ..
    Posts
    6,271
    Credits
    1,523,305
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    This is our version of "Was there a 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll"????...
    Yep...lol

  7. #7
    Registered User YardiePrincess's Avatar YardiePrincess is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ..
    Posts
    6,271
    Credits
    1,523,305
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcNY View Post
    So do you now think the finale was a work of art or was it whack?

    No pun intended.
    Work of art. Still anti-climactic.

  8. #8
    m
    Reign of Fire...Judgement m's Avatar m is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    9,383
    Credits
    1,026,555
    Quote Originally Posted by brownskintrini View Post
    But see here's the thing.

    Why of all the things he and Bobby said to one another would he flash back to Bobby saying that when you die everything turns black?
    Just to fuk wid de audience.

    To kill off Tony and/or his family would be too obvious and un-original.

    Not to mention impossible to return to in the future.

  9. #9
    Registered User brownskintrini's Avatar brownskintrini is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in happiness
    Posts
    9,227
    Credits
    1,525,657
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcNY View Post
    So do you now think the finale was a work of art or was it whack?

    No pun intended.
    As a hardcore fan, initially I was pissed about that ending.

    But now I'm leaning towards genius.

  10. #10
    The Key Light360's Avatar Light360 is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    1,464
    Credits
    1,008,319
    Quote Originally Posted by brownskintrini View Post
    But see here's the thing.

    Why of all the things he and Bobby said to one another would he flash back to Bobby saying that when you die everything turns black?
    Quote Originally Posted by shandy View Post
    I'm in denial.

    but seriously is that the case with the final blackout? Or is this Chase's sick joke for the Sopranos fans to leave figuring it out?
    Usually in movies fading to white is death. I don't believe Tony got wacked, left room for a movie or next series.

    And yeah, i believe the cat is Chris reincarnated too.

    Excellent finale.

  11. #11
    God is my pilot Shandy 2.0's Avatar Shandy 2.0 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    ...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Posts
    26,976
    Credits
    1,088,856
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcNY View Post
    So do you now think the finale was a work of art or was it whack? I know you said "no pun intended" but I couldn't help but laugh. LOL
    No pun intended.
    At first I was pissed, then as I thought about it and discussed it I think the ending is fcuking brilliant!
    Last edited by Shandy 2.0; 06-13-2007 at 10:20 AM.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

    "If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

  12. #12
    God is my pilot Shandy 2.0's Avatar Shandy 2.0 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    ...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Posts
    26,976
    Credits
    1,088,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Sanity View Post
    Usually in movies fading to white is death. I don't believe Tony got wacked, left room for a movie or next series.
    And yeah, i believe the cat is Chris reincarnated too.

    Excellent finale.
    I agree with you on that. I also agree with Marc and have been saying it myself, having Tony and/or his family go down in a hail of bullets is too cliched and common of an ending for a show like this.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

    "If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

  13. #13
    The Key Light360's Avatar Light360 is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    1,464
    Credits
    1,008,319
    Quote Originally Posted by shandy View Post
    I agree with you on that. I also agree with Marc and have been saying it myself, having Tony and/or his family go down in a hail of bullets is too cliched and common of an ending for a show like this.
    I agree. The Sopranos main theme is about a mob family. It ended with the audience thinking that the family is going to be ok (from Tony's perspective). i.e. AJ remembered some words of wisdom at the end that made Tony feel good yet surprised (remember the good times). He realized that his son do value his father's words.

  14. #14
    Take Kaiso In Yuh Mouth!! lordsalt is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    QBNYC
    Posts
    9,928
    Credits
    1,558,216
    i dont know if any1 noticed, but if u've been watching the series from the very beginning, this is the 1st time we've ever seen all 4 members of the family eating out together. their usually eating breakfast at home by the kitchen counter or having dinner at the family table. this was the 1st time u've seen them eating out all together. i think there r hidden clues laid out.

    salty

  15. #15
    God is my pilot Shandy 2.0's Avatar Shandy 2.0 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    ...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Posts
    26,976
    Credits
    1,088,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Sanity View Post
    I agree. The Sopranos main theme is about a mob family. It ended with the audience thinking that the family is going to be ok (from Tony's perspective). i.e. AJ remembered some words of wisdom at the end that made Tony feel good yet surprised (remember the good times). He realized that his son do value his father's words.
    Good points there. It's like more closure withinthe Soprano family than between the show and viewership. Meadow already have her plans in life so Tony is not worried about her future but AJ is plenty work and worries for Tony and Carmella. And AJ repeating one of Tony's words is comforting and promising to his parents.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

    "If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •