Thread: Ok, I need to understand something

Credits

Ok, I need to understand something

I understand I wasn't living here when Joel Steinberg got arrested for killing his daughter. But I'm not so sure I understand why this is such an issue when there have been murders of this sort and even 10 times worse that have happened in NY?

I doh mean to sound cold but I know for a fact that there have been worse cases of child abuse/murder. It was a gruesome thing he did and he is a monster hands down. But why all the publicity?

Credits
    I suppose it's because he didn't serve his full sentence, and the people in the community where he's going to live don't want him there.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by brownskintrini
    I understand I wasn't living here when Joel Steinberg got arrested for killing his daughter. But I'm not so sure I understand why this is such an issue when there have been murders of this sort and even 10 times worse that have happened in NY?

I doh mean to sound cold but I know for a fact that there have been worse cases of child abuse/murder. It was a gruesome thing he did and he is a monster hands down. But why all the publicity?
    cause he is a lawyer.. cause worse criminals spend less time in jail and it happens every day.
    Last edited by DRAGON; 07-01-2004 at 10:38 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinibaje
    cause he is a lawyer.. cause worse criminals send less time in jail and it happens every day.

yeah explain to me how he got off so early.

Credits

U know, I try not to listen much to the news, so I don't even know about this case, what are the details of this crime? does anyone have a link?

Credits

yeah explain to me how he got off so early.

He served 2/3 of his sentence w/good behavior so he was eligble for early release

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Pole
    He served 2/3 of his sentence w/good behavior so he was eligble for early release

that's good.. in Florida some get off with 1/2 sentence.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinibaje
    cause he is a lawyer.. cause worse criminals spend less time in jail and it happens every day.
    This case is no different from other high profile cases. If you have money you will reap benefits. In my opinion.....big deal. live and let live.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SkoolboY
    This case is no different from other high profile cases. If you have money you will reap benefits. In my opinion.....big deal. live and let live.
    i agree...