Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK I-mix Famileeeeeee

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits

OK I-mix Famileeeeeee

I am nervous I am going to a job interview. This is my first interview since I graduated college. The first interview for the job was earlier this month, and they called me back to see them today I really want the job but I am scared. Any advice you guys want to give me b4 I go
    Link me on fassbook http://www.facebook.com/#!/SocaDivaChandelle
    2 Sweet 2 B 4Gotten:)

sharkie
    gargle with listerine.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by **Vincy-Soca-Diva**
    I am nervous I am going to a job interview. This is my first interview since I graduated college. The first interview for the job was earlier this month, and they called me back to see them today I really want the job but I am scared. Any advice you guys want to give me b4 I go

The second interview usually means you got the job and they just want to work out the details.
    Don't stress, just do what you did in the first interview.

Credits
    say calm, pray, be positive, and have faith. go and show dem whos boss. i wanna hear what happen when you come back from de interview. GOOD LUCK!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shy Boy
    The second interview usually means you got the job and they just want to work out the details.
    actually all it means is that they've significantly narrowed the list and she's likely in the top two or three...speaking from experience.

My advice, research as much about the organization/company as you can and be prepared to ask smart, pertinent questions.

Ask them about what path they see for you in the company. Stress that you're very much happy with the position your'e applying for, but you'd welcome the stability that an organization like there's would have to offer. Discuss your career goals (grad school etc.) tie it in with the type of work that the company does (make the shit up if you have to...you're on a sales job, which is what the interview is).

Show them the long term value of you being with them...but get them to first start articulating for you if they're gonna keep you as a receptionist with annual 3% pay increases, or if a year or two from now you could conceivably be on the management track.

Ask them about how the position became available...and while acknowledging the need for them to be confidential...ask what happened to the last person in the capacity for which you're interviewing. What were that person's strengths...where did they fall short? Be ready and able to talk candidly about your own strengths and weaknesses...underscoring the strenghts and downplaying the weaknesses of course...make a list if it helps.

Good luck.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait
    gargle with listerine.
    thanks Sharkie

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark
    actually all it means is that they've significantly narrowed the list and she's likely in the top two or three...speaking from experience.

My advice, research as much about the organization/company as you can and be prepared to ask smart, pertinent questions.

Ask them about what path they see for you in the company. Stress that you're very much happy with the position your'e applying for, but you'd welcome the stability that an organization like there's would have to offer. Discuss your career goals (grad school etc.) tie it in with the type of work that the company does (make the shit up if you have to...you're on a sales job, which is what the interview is).

Show them the long term value of you being with them...but get them to first start articulating for you if they're gonna keep you as a receptionist with annual 3% pay increases, or if a year or two from now you could conceivably be on the management track.

Ask them about how the position became available...and while acknowledging the need for them to be confidential...ask what happened to the last person in the capacity for which you're interviewing. What were that person's strengths...where did they fall short? Be ready and able to talk candidly about your own strengths and weaknesses...underscoring the strenghts and downplaying the weaknesses of course...make a list if it helps.

Good luck.
    Thank you baby

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shy Boy
    A friedn of mind told me that ,but I've interviewd ppl second time around and i've seen them get cut so that's why I'm nervous. But thank you for the advice.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniStarr
    say calm, pray, be positive, and have faith. go and show dem whos boss. i wanna hear what happen when you come back from de interview. GOOD LUCK!
    I'm trying to stay calm but i will be sure to give you guys details when I get back.

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniStarr
    ditto to this!!

Stand firm and strong sis!!

sharkie
    thanks Sharkie
    anytime hun

Credits
    pray

Credits
    Good luck. Look straight into the interviewers eyes. Dont sit down until they tell you to. Sit up straight. Dont wear flashy jewelry or heavy perfume. Be confident in yourself (a must) and if you dont know the answer to a question, Bull shit your way though it.

Credits
    Well so far so good I wont hear anything until Monday so I will keep you guys up to date.

Credits
    i was gonna say smile...u'd get the job if i was pickin u and u smiled in my appearance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast