Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Black Detractors

Credits

Obama's Black Detractors

Why Obama's black critics are wrong - CNN.com

First, it should not be at all surprising. Black America is ideologically diverse, just like other communities. Moreover, as I document in "Sellout: The Politics of Racial Betrayal," there exists in black America a special anxiety about the loyalties of high achievers, especially when their success is largely dependent on whites and others who are not black. Every prominent black in a predominantly white setting faces, at one time or another, claims from fellow blacks that he or she is "selling out."

GOP slams 'Buffett Rule' to cut debt

Obama: America can't 'wait 14 months' Second, Obama's black detractors receive a degree of attention in the news media that is far greater than their representativeness of black America or their influence within it.

The great bulk of black American voters -- upward of 90% -- supported Obama in 2008 and do so today. They do so because of his party affiliation, his liberal policy preferences, his identification with the African-American community (the offspring of an interracial couple, he calls himself black and married a black woman), his personal attractiveness -- he is uncommonly articulate, handsome, knowledgeable and gracious -- and the fact that with all of the added burdens attendant to his blackness, he was still able to climb the Mount Everest of American politics.

Credits
    That article, literally, says nothing and makes no point.

Credits
    197,292,866,388,999,999,818,295,870,602,935,687,472,364,398, 106,721,251,075,546,939,392
    The second dumbest thing I have seen on imix in ah week . According this rubbish I don't like Obama because he married a black woman lol . For the record my dislike for Obama has noting to do with RACE , judging someone based on race is stupid . I don't like his policy and the way he govern

The American people want jobs not Trini style ten days

Credits
    What does this have to with errrrrrrrrrrrrybody knowing he scurrrred to throw a punch?
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Is articles like this that make me wonder if these media outlets hire elementary school kids to write articles. Waste of space.

Kakez868
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    That article, literally, says nothing and makes no point.
    Moreless..

Credits
    Well Prince Richard and some of his fox minions always makes the point that black people voted for and will vote for obama because of race....but how about the bolded section in the article? I agree with the bolded section as to why black people will support Obama over the alternative.......still.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    Well Prince Richard and some of his fox minions always makes the point that black people voted for and will vote for obama because of race....but how about the bolded section in the article? I agree with the bolded section as to why black people will support Obama over the alternative.......still.
    If he identified with "with the African-American community" then the National Black Caucus wouldn't complain about him.

Credits
    we feel in love with a vision.

but i dont think obeezy shares my vision anymore, homie more interested in his own job.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    we feel in love with a vision.

but i dont think obeezy shares my vision anymore, homie more interested in his own job.
    I think he does share your vision....he just got slapped in the face by reality. For example for healthcare..i still think he believes in a single payer system...but reality won't allow it to be implemented at this time.

Credits
    I think he does share your vision....he just got slapped in the face by reality. For example for healthcare..i still think he believes in a single payer system...but reality won't allow it to be implemented at this time.
    If you believe in something, you at least put it on the table.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Juan Dan
    big up de boss
    a you seh sneak up pon dem and tek de whole a dem fi fool
    I have yet to figure out this mans intentions
    maybe he really has a plan
    who knows

Credits
    im not talking about healthcare, i dont really care about that, homie walking on people civil rights, dropping bombs like petals, and still talking about stimulus like the first couple worked.

Credits
    Obama neva do jack shit for Black people, they voted for him just based on race. If you check it out, Black people agree more with Republican moral policies like anti-homosexual, anti abortion and so forth. Most of what Obama stands for they oppose but they vote him in based on skin colour.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    im not talking about healthcare, i dont really care about that, homie walking on people civil rights, dropping bombs like petals, and still talking about stimulus like the first couple worked.
    Some top level economists have said and continue to say that the stimulus wasn't nearly as big as it should have been.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast