Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYC ROLL-CALL

Credits

NYC ROLL-CALL

guys, i am still frantic, whenever you get a chance, can those who live in nyc, work in manhattan or live in dc, work near the pentagon please let the rest of us know that you are safe and sound? i know islandmix, or a computer are the last things on your minds, but i would greatly appreciate it...i have yet to hear any info about those close to my heart, ie, family, friends, etc., and it is driving me crazy...literally :'(

montREALady :-)
    "2gether we aspire, 2gether we achieve"

Credits

RE: NYC ROLL-CALL

I'm in tact just waiting to hear if my friends are safe as well..thanks for your concern

SEXY G.T. QUEEN

Credits

safe

Credits

Ilandfntsy and I are ok, we just got by her. I am a nervous wreck, my mother worked a block away, as she was running from the scene, a piece of building was coming down and barely missed her. Ilandfntsy and I left our buildings and went to St. Patrick's Cathedral to pray, met up with some other friends and as we were walking down 43rd, we ghad to trun and run because there was bomb scare, we ran 2 blocks befoer we realized that everything was ok. It has been really terrifying because during this whole time we had no idea where our mothers were. We ended having to walK from Midtown Manhattan to Brooklyn, we had to cross the Williamsburg bridge. I might seem incoherent people but I guess you know why. I just hope the rest of my family and friends and my islandmix fam are ok, my prayers are with the family of the departed. People , please understand that although this is an extrreme tragedy, GOD IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless!

Credits

Oh God I am happy to hear that y'all are ok...everyone in T&T was calling me to find out. Is San do St. ok?
    Ilndftsy: Mum ok?

Credits

I myself also have been worried about my family, freinds and islandmix family in NY.Im still trying to call NY but either there is silence on the line or there is a busy signal.But I hope the family will check in soon.Ill be here praying.

Much Love
    ################reegal from ATL

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits

Yes God is real and I Thank God that he has pulled many of us through this tragedy. I also lit a candle in St. Patrick's Cathedral and said a prayer for the victim's families. I am safe and tired.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits

Please pray for my family I have not found my stepdad..who is so dear to my heart.... its 9:35 and counting......

Credits

I would just like to offer my condolences to all who had friends, family, and loved ones in the World Trade center or its vicinity. I don't work too far from the scene and felt when the 2nd plane collided from the building I was in. I ended up having to walk to Brooklyn after getting stuck in all that smoke and debris.
    Please understand that as Bronskintrini said: GOD IS REAL. I know that we don't thank him enough, but in this time of tribulation we need to band together and pray for all of the victims. I am sure them being in our thought would do them a world of good.
    Thankfully all the friends and family who I knew were over there made it out safely and are accounted for.
    This type of senseless violence cannot be tolerated and I hope they catch whoever is responsible. I also understand that from the news that the violence may not be over because they found a van filled with explosives en route to the Williamsburg bridge.

For all those who can avoid it please stay out of Manhattan tomorrow. I am not on Islandmix very often, but I would hate to hear about harm to anyone from the Isladmix family. You all are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings

Credits

i heard from my family in nyc and that special someone yesterday evening, and they are fine. thank God. i have not heard from very many friends and i hope all is well.

trust me, while trying to call nyc, i heard recordings i've never heard in my life, ie, "there is an emergency crisis in the area you are trying to call..."

you know what's sad? that we tend to forget about God only until something tragic happens, or when we need something (not saying it's any of you guys)...how many of us thank God for waking us up in the morning, how many say grace before meals, how many thank Him for getting us through the day...but when something bad happens, we ask "God, why?!"...just something to think about.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits

That is so true MontREALady, we (in general) tend to forget God and forget to give him thanks for even the "simple" everyday things like waking us up in the morning. This whole experience really taught me to thank God for all he does for me. I was walking across the 59th street bridge with some of my coworkers and one of them kept complaining about the long walk. I told her she should thank God that we are alive and able to walk, get out of Manhattan and live to tell the tale. I was thanking him every step of the way. Seeing that NYC skyline with the Towers gone should always be a constant reminder for me.

My heart and prayers go out to those in the Islandmix family who have friends and relatives unaccounted for in this tragedy.

PEACE
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits

trinibaje any word on your step-father? we are praying for him and for your family.

peace and love
    socababy

Credits

i'm glad you made it out alive...you should pray for that co-worker who was more concerned with the walk over the bridge than her life. a lot of people could not grasp the severity of this situation, i mean, innocent people were killed! on my way home yesterday, this girl from work was walking behind me and she was telling this man, "i don't understand the big deal, it's not like it's us or anything" ...i guess she overheard someone at work's reaction, and felt as canadians, we shouldn't be affected. but how can we NOT be?! trust me, i was very close to turning around and cussing her, then boxing her down, i mean, i still didn't hear from many family memebers and friends, and i couldn't understand how someone could be so insensitive...

Credits

lord i hope he is okay and perhaps in a hospital or shelter somewhere...have you heard from him? i will say a prayer now for him...

Credits

gyul, i would have turned around and said something...today on campus i hear people saying "i am tired of seeing the same things on the television, put back the music videos"...allyuh know i am telling them off. how dare those people.

peace and love socababy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast