Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nyc imixers...Anybody going to South street seaport today !

Credits

nyc imixers...Anybody going to South street seaport today !

caribbean street fair
    www.caribbeanweekny.com

CARIBBEAN FAIR

Tuesday, June 13, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm

South Street Seaport, Piers 16 & 17, Manhattan

The South Street Seaport, conveniently located venue in lower Manhattan will again be the site for the Caribbean Fair.

Booths manned by CTO countries and private sector partners will display promotional materials, indigenous products and other items representative of the Caribbean . There will be arts and crafts demonstrations throughout the day as well as Caribbean food-tastings by Celebrity Chefs from member booths. Dancers, models, singers and bands, will also perform on stage throughout the day.

12:30 pm to 2:00 pm is the scheduled time for the Publishers Presentation Lunch . Smithsonian Magazine sponsors this event for dignitaries and senior Caribbean tourism officials. Attendance is by invitation only.

At 2:30 pm there will be a Flag Raising Ceremony and Presentation of Proclamations . Tourism Ministers, Directors of Tourism, New York City officials and private sector strategic partners will attend the official presentation of proclamations.

This year Caribbean Week will host two Caribbean Weddings on stage at the Caribbean Fair. The first wedding takes place at 11:00 a.m. and the second one at 3:00 p.m. The Weddings are sponsored by the Cond Nast Bridal Group. The theme of the weddings are The Most Romantic Proposal, and The Second Time Around. The lucky couples exchanging vows will receive honeymoons in romantic Caribbean destinations of their choice. Renowned Caribbean entertainers will serenade the couples.

Performers during the Concert segment of the Fair include the Police Force Band from Turks & Caicos Islands, Junior Lion from St. Maarten, Half Pint from Jamaica, Leon & the People, Da Bahn from Antigua & Barbuda, Ken Isles from St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Jadene and Culture Don from Montserrat a Junkanoo Group from the Bahamas, and Dance Troupes from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.

Mini-Fashion Shows . During the Fair there will be three mini-fashion shows. Antigua & Barbuda will show Bridal Fashions, St. Maarten/St. Martin will present beach wear and evening wear, and the St. Kitts show will feature casual and evening wear.

A Caribbean Vacation Mart will be an important feature at the Fair. There will be a sale of vacation packages to Caribbean destinations. Travel professionals will be onsite to assist members of the public who might be interested in visiting one of these exotic destinations. This will be the time and place to purchase a Caribbean vacation at special prices available only during Caribbean Week.

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has kindly agreed to partner with the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) to make Applying for a U.S. Passport at CTO-organized events quick and convenient. This partnership helps to address the new U.S. regulation requiring all travelers re-entering the United States after January 1, 2007 to be in possession of a valid passport.

USPS Retail Associates will be on site at the Caribbean Fair at South Street Seaport on June 13, 2006 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm . Persons wishing to apply for a U.S. passport will need the following:

Completed Passport Application (NOT signed - Application forms can be downloaded from the USPS website and Forms will also be available at the Fair);
    Evidence of Citizenship (original documents only);
    Current Photo Identification (Driver's License);
    Passport Fees (check or postal money order - Postal money orders will NOT be on sale at the venue.
    Note: Fees must be paid separately. Passport fees are paid to the U.S. Department of State. Execution fees are paid to Postmaster of New York). For information please contact the USPS Marketing Department at 212-330-3070. Visit the website at: http://usps.com/passport for downloadable forms or call 1-800-ASK-USPS.

DIRECTIONS:
    By Subway Take 2, 3, 4, 5, J, Z, or M to Fulton Street; A and C to Broadway-Nassau. Walk east on Fulton Street to Water Street.

For up to date information on subway service in lower Manhattan click here

By Bus Take M15 (South Ferry-bound) down Second Ave to Fulton Street

By Car From the West Side: take West Street southbound. Follow signs to FDR Drive Take underpass, keep right use Exit 1 at end of underpass. Turn right on South Street, six blocks.

From the East Side, take FDR Drive south to Exit 3 onto South Street Proceed about 1 mile.
    Agitate until we create a stable society that benefits all our people.
    Instigate the nation until we remedy the injustices of society.
    Motivate our people to set a meaningful path for coming generations.
    Educate our people to free our minds and develop our consciousness

Mwongozi Cudjoe (Chedmond Browne)
    Chairman of Free Montserrat United Movement

Credits
    : why am I just hearing about this?? I betta start listening to 1600 am pan weekends

Credits
    I didn't even hear about it and I work on Water st. could have gone during lunch. oh well

Credits
    Not to get at you Souljah but why stuff always get posted the day of or right right before. Tell people ahead of time nah imix

Credits
    I didn't even hear about this.......but sorry can't go

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by zouk
    I didn't even hear about it and I work on Water st. could have gone during lunch. oh well

word. I was sittin right here, dint do shit. What time does the concert segment start?

Credits
    i was there, and i saw some of the fashion show and the white people trying to dance to soca

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hot4u
    i was there, and i saw some of the fashion show and the white people trying to dance to soca
    and I missed that ish! damn.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by spiceisleQT
    Not to get at you Souljah but why stuff always get posted the day of or right right before. Tell people ahead of time nah imix
    Because nobody does be paying attention ...i be posting all kind of events and dem get push back to 2 nd page ..and for what oure chupidness ppl does be tawking i 'm sorry but you have to tell ppl to stop tawkin chupidness cause you go miss out plus sumtyme i does open email rhell late

You going anyhow ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by zouk
    and I missed that ish! damn.
    yeah man they were looking real funny.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soca_souljah
    Because nobody does be paying attention ...i be posting all kind of events and dem get push back to 2 nd page ..and for what oure chupidness ppl does be tawking i 'm sorry but you have to tell ppl to stop tawkin chupidness cause you go miss out plus sumtyme i does open email rhell late

You going anyhow ?

just *bump* up the thread when that happens

Credits
    um

what ever happen to the soca concerts like when atlantic was there and k.c back in like 2000????????

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMs
    just *bump* up the thread when that happens

I do ...many tymes i do and i jus get ignored

Are yuh going or wah ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soca_souljah

You going anyhow ?
    nah

m
    Credits
    DAMNIT!!!

I always miss dis ting each year.

I always hear about AFTER is just a lil bit too late.

Frig!!!

Somebody report how it was please.

Tanks.

*mumbles and broods*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast