Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nyc haters---tell us what is the appeal about where you live

Credits

nyc haters---tell us what is the appeal about where you live

everyone that claims that nyc has such a poor quality of life, and that the only reason why people stay in nyc is because they don't know anywhere else (heard that many times)....tell us what is it about your town or city that makes it such a higher quality of life and standard of living compared to nyc

if central a/c, backyards and square footage is the only selling point...then that might be lame to most ny'ers...since that is not why most people love ny

what does your city have to offer as a city on a whole? what is APPEALING?
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    A friend of mine gave me a tour of his mansion in atl. Ceiling so high that it costs $30, 000 if he wants to paint the place. About 6, 000 sq feet inside...he only uses 2 bedrooms, the den and kitchen...the other 5, 000 sq ft untouched. Backyard the size of prospect park..but costs a fortune to maintain. Olympic size swimming pool...but no one in the family swims.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    A friend of mine gave me a tour of his mansion in atl. Ceiling so high that it costs $30, 000 if he wants to paint the place. About 6, 000 sq feet inside...he only uses 2 bedrooms, the den and kitchen...the other 5, 000 sq ft untouched. Backyard the size of prospect park..but costs a fortune to maintain. Olympic size swimming pool...but no one in the family swims.

i have friends in atlanta with huge houses with pools.....but yet the school system sucks....walk out their door, and walk a few steps, it's just as ghetto as nyc....ain't crap to do for fun...houses don't appreciate in value, traffic is horrendous...you spend most of your time in your car getting from point a to point b
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    they can wear a scarf and sunglasses and speed in a convertible on the freeway for 2 hours to get to the grocery? lol..

i mean every place has their good and bad.. depends on what you want...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    the women look alot better here, minorities own way more of the infrastructure, good athletic teams (great place if you're into sports of any kind, you can play year round) beaches, venues stay open later than ny, world class chefs (miami food and wine is world reknown), authentic food (italian food from italians tastes alot better than italian american food) seafood caught fresh is prepared on the spot (never had stone crab, fresh conch till i moved here), still has alot of hole in the wall venues like other major cities, art scene is crazy (coconut grove, wynwood 2nd saturdays is like LES back in the day, art basel is world reknown), open containers okay in certain areas, gun laws, everglades airboat tours, fishing, police dont harass u here, and i actually don't min miami's gritty underworld, its like living in a more under control panama.

Credits
    i think you should leave that food thing alone.. nyc is known for cuisine and i'm quite sure there are more michelin starred chefs here than in miami..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    i think you should leave that food thing alone.. nyc is known for cuisine and i'm quite sure there are more michelin starred chefs here than in miami..
    because of the population, miami still has alot of world reknown chefs for a city its size. And any chef in the WORLD worth their salt has to come here for the food and wine festival

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    the women look alot better here, minorities own way more of the infrastructure, good athletic teams (great place if you're into sports of any kind, you can play year round) beaches, venues stay open later than ny, world class chefs (miami food and wine is world reknown), authentic food (italian food from italians tastes alot better than italian american food) seafood caught fresh is prepared on the spot (never had stone crab, fresh conch till i moved here), still has alot of hole in the wall venues like other major cities, art scene is crazy (coconut grove, wynwood 2nd saturdays is like LES back in the day, art basel is world reknown), open containers okay in certain areas, gun laws, everglades airboat tours, fishing, police dont harass u here, and i actually don't min miami's gritty underworld, its like living in a more under control panama.

I don't dispute your argument at all....

Buh, I doh think you partaked or fully enjoyed the world class living in NYC to make a legitimate comparison....Most NYker's don't, because they are working too hard, or complacent.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Man you make me laugh........the only things I give props to Miami over NYC is.....the weather.....the lights.....the City lights are a lot nicer ....and finally. ...it is closer to my vacations get away!

The only blacks that I know that went there and living Big that didn't come back are the ones that own their own businesses. .....unless you spanish or you just want to live simpleton life...no way no how......and guess what. That simple life is fine for those who want it.

Credits
    because of the population, miami still has alot of world reknown chefs for a city its size. And any chef in the WORLD worth their salt has to come here for the food and wine festival
    you reaching.. everybody knows that new york is a hotspot for the culinary arts especially fine dining.. .. miami does not compare... miami might be a place for chefs and fine dining.. not going to say no.. but it's not a place touted OVER nyc.. that's what i am saying...

tell me a restaurant in miami that has a michelin star?

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Man you make me laugh........the only things I give props to Miami over NYC is.....the weather.....the lights.....the City lights are a lot nicer ....and finally. ...it is closer to my vacations get away!

The only blacks that I know that went there and living Big that didn't come back are the ones that own their own businesses. .....unless you spanish or you just want to live a simpleton live....no way no how......and guess what. That simple live is fine for those who want it.
    your experience with miami has obviously been the tip of south beach, or the jamaican area in ft lauderdale like 99% of blacks from ny. Because this place is far from simple, average people here are good friends with A listers.

You guys keep saying simple life but you can't really use that with miami, especially considering the fact that rooftop happy hrs in NY now decked in all white with palm trees serving caipirinhas and mojitos, people listening to ross and saying "bout that life". It actually hurts me to see ny in its current state.

Credits
    your experience with miami has obviously been the tip of south beach, or the jamaican area in ft lauderdale like 99% of blacks from ny. Because this place is far from simple, average people here are good friends with A listers.

You guys keep saying simple life but you can't really use that with miami, especially considering the fact that rooftop happy hrs in NY now decked in all white with palm trees serving caipirinhas and mojitos, people listening to ross and saying "bout that life". It actually hurts me to see ny in its current state.

I give you credit for the attempt....buh NY always takes the good from other places, buh also brings the good & bad to other places.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    dont get me wrong.. i like miami.. it's one of my favorite cities... i enjoy going there but i dont compare it to NYC.. dont try to , dont want to, dont need to.. a city closer to nyc is i'd have to say maybe chicago... it's not identical (for the asses ready to rush in) but it is similar enough to me.. having lived both places..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

I don't dispute your argument at all....

Buh, I doh think you partaked or fully enjoyed the world class living in NYC to make a legitimate comparison....Most NYker's don't, because they are working too hard, or complacent.

You might be right, but I know people in different circles all through the tri state, so I'm not your typical brooklyn dude that hasn't even been to the bx. I lived in harlem, upper east side, know alot of people doing their thing on wall street, go everywhere from the art galleries to the plays, spoken word spots, irish pubs (mcsorelys) etc. I'd be willing to say there's not much in nyc i haven't done.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    dont get me wrong.. i like miami.. it's one of my favorite cities... i enjoy going there but i dont compare it to NYC.. dont try to , dont want to, dont need to.. a city closer to nyc is i'd have to say maybe chicago... it's not identical (for the asses ready to rush in) but it is similar enough to me.. having lived both places..
    i love chicago, it's got it's own identity separate from ny. I actually hate when people compare them because the people and culture are nothing alike. The powers that be in chicago seem more apt to preserve chicagos culture than ny's own, which is why it still has some ills ny seems to have got rid of..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast