Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Now trini done, what next?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Vye Negre View Post
    this sounds fun... you have more info on it?
    unfortunately not. I just said it as the thought came to my head.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Correction: You barely get that old school vibes in PoS anymore.

Do you know there are 53 regional Carnivals that take place in T&T at the same time as the Carnival in PoS? You must try out one of the others sometime especially on a Monday for Jouvay.
    Next time give San Fernando or one of the many other regional Carnivals a try on the Carnival Monday and you won't regret it if you are looking for old skool carnival vibes.
    that is true. I never get to go Sando carnival. You're right.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bktrini305 View Post
    It bothered me the sheer volume of great music this year and Like a Boss, Party Done and Phenomenal wouldn't stfu. Even though those are great songs and in the moment i was still very happy to hear them every time. My last time home was 2k10 the year of Palance and THAT was really annoying.

I loved Lyrikal's Loner, and Fay Anne's Drift. I didn't hear Drift once. And Bunji and Faye Anne had quite a few fast songs that I really really loved and didn't hear them once.

I want to go Jamaica Beach Jouvert. I think it's an amazing concept to just wash off in the Beach. Probably not too good for the environment, unless its water based/biodegradable stuff but... And you KNOW Grenada is every Trini's favorite place on earth.

In the Jouvert I saw a crew of Greenz people just playing a Jab, taking a jog down Targarete , and singing Saltfish by Banton whoever. You barely get that old school vibes in Trini anymore. makes me miss DC Carnival more and more
    If I hear Like Ah Boss again...I agree with what you said in bold. My girls and I are already planning on making it a big deal for Miami this year. Might even play mas because we need our fix. We missed last year because of our high school reunion, but this year no excuses.

Credits
    that is true. I never get to go Sando carnival. You're right.
    Here are some scenes from Paramin Jouvay and other Jouvays which are also highly recommended to check out. Take a look and keep in mind that there are 53 Regional Carnivals held throughout T&T at the same time as PoS Carnival is held. Most simply don't get even 1/10th the media coverage that PoS Carnival gets.

Paramin Blue Devils - 2014 competition WINNERS!!!

Trinidad and Tobago Carnival Jouvert 2015 #2

CARNIVAL VLOG 2015 # 3 | PARAMIN J'OUVERT

Tunapuna J'ouvert 2015 Trinidad Carnival
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    Bim in August... and preparing for TnT 2k16...

Then bunch of little carnivals and fetes in the U.S.
    Only one stateside carnival really worth it though...
    Other than that, i hope to do some eco-tourism shit.. Local stateside eco-tourism shit tho
    Which one is that?

Credits
    Which one is that?
    Miami... NY is toooooo terrible and dc got wiped off the map due to gentrification! Thanks Fenty!
    bktrini305 and mz_JazE like this.
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONESS onda RISE View Post
    Miami... NY is toooooo terrible and dc got wiped off the map due to gentrification! Thanks Fenty!
    I would say Count Blackula hit the nail to seal in that coffin. He's the one who said it wasn't important. At least Fenty attended the carnival, which he played the GT card nicely knowing him representing his background would look good around election time. Blackula choose the Latino population over the WI population that would add to the economy on that strip alone. Not mention all of the other venues around the city. Georgia Avenue isn't even giving off that old Gold Coast vibe anymore. The Mayor of Bmore knew that meant more money for the city, and welcomed our carnival with open pockets.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by mz_JazE View Post
    I would say Count Blackula hit the nail to seal in that coffin. He's the one who said it wasn't important. At least Fenty attended the carnival, which he played the GT card nicely knowing him representing his background would look good around election time. Blackula choose the Latino population over the WI population that would add to the economy on that strip alone. Not mention all of the other venues around the city. Georgia Avenue isn't even giving off that old Gold Coast vibe anymore. The Mayor of Bmore knew that meant more money for the city, and welcomed our carnival with open pockets.
    Picturing him now.
    Lucianite likes this.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Campbell View Post
    Picturing him now.
    it all makes sense now! lol

Credits
    Vegas summer. Brazilian carnival 2016 (Porto Seguro).
    "I will forewarn you......fear ye him when thou hast died hath power to cast into hell" - Charles Lawson

Credits
    hell na. Jam and Bim, and then north America. Talk done. the UK crew makes notting hill sound like sh!t.
    I wish we had more Imix members like you, ok, even our ting is the Best and we set the trend, I am not naive to think that you don't have other carnivals that are a lot of fun and cheaper even all the other carnival reviews I saw in the past in CC from well travel Carnival junkies, etc.

So I am with you, it is small pocket folks agreeing that it is over now !

Btw, we are doing St Thomas and Cayman due to the reviews I saw here in the past.

Wanted to do Jamaica carnival, couldn't get off !

Credits
    because when I on my death bed I want my memories to be a lot more than just 'trini carnival'

Why all u so narrow minded? If you on top your hustle then take time out to experience what life has to offer... Trini is just one place, out of many!
    LMAO, why waste time with him and people like Socapro, the World is flat to them, further more Socapro know everything happening back home, a Big Time DJ, well so he say, a decade now the man can't get a gig to play , so don't listen to them !

BTW, I hear Cape Verde and Uruguay are worth checking

They money small, who into Carnival wouldn't want to See Bahai Carnival ?

Credits
    lmao, the world is a big place...
    Why are you even bothering trying to talk sense?

My good friend I call Mr Trini Smooth, I poked fun at him calling him a sellout for not going home for carnival all in jest of course. Born n bred from Port of Spain.

He says: "I just spent 6 weeks roaming all over Thailand and had a incredible time for the price these fools are paying to put on some overpriced bird feathers and run around dry humping one another just for Monday and Tuesday for barely even 10 days. (LOL). A costume alone was my property rental. These Trini's can't even justify the amount their spending for what they get in return.

I don't even take those people on anymore, I'm worldly."
    "I will forewarn you......fear ye him when thou hast died hath power to cast into hell" - Charles Lawson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DerMonger View Post
    Why are you even bothering trying to talk sense?

My good friend I call Mr Trini Smooth, I poked fun at him calling him a sellout for not going home for carnival all in jest of course. Born n bred from Port of Spain.

He says: "I just spent 6 weeks roaming all over Thailand and had a incredible time for the price these fools are paying to put on some overpriced bird feathers and run around dry humping one another just for Monday and Tuesday for barely even 10 days. (LOL). A costume alone was my property rental. These Trini's can't even justify the amount their spending for what they get in return.

I don't even take those people on anymore, I'm worldly."
    cant you see picong just kixing? anyway as much as i am no fan of carnival, why you make it your business every year to try and downgrade trinidad carnival like clockwork around this time? ok you went once in 2006 and you did not like it, your friend did not like it and he from trinidad so what. Not everything is everyones cup of tea.
    Corrupt file and Minxy like this.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    anyway the regional carnivals spreading POS too thin, also POS get too stush lately with all the high coloreds and stush people making the thing wierd. Anyway Paramin Monday night was a hit i heard and Sando getting better than POS i heard.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast