Thread: Now Republicans Want To Accusing Obama Of Shaking Down BP and APOLOGIZE TO BP at that

Credits

Now Republicans Want To Accusing Obama Of Shaking Down BP and APOLOGIZE TO BP at that

All these calls to do something and when something is done, its a shake down... AND THEY WANT TO APOLOGIZE TO BP's CEO for it?

WHAT KINDA BULLSHIT IS THAT?

Texas lawmaker accuses White House of BP shakedown - Yahoo! News

Thu Jun 17, 10:36 am ET

WASHINGTON A leading House Republican accused the White House Thursday of a "$20 billion shakedown" of oil giant BP by requiring the company to establish a huge fund to compensate those hurt by the Gulf Coast oil spill.

Rep. Joe Barton made the assertion at the outset of a House hearing where BP's chief executive officer, Tony Hayward, was appearing for the first time before Congress.

Facing Hayward at the witness table, the Texas Republican congressman said, "I'm ashamed of what happened in the White House" on Wednesday. Barton was referring to the agreement that President Barack Obama announced with BP for establishment of a $20 billion relief fund.

Rep. Ed Markey sharply disagreed with Barton.

Markey said the compensation fund was "not a slush fund, not a shakedown. ... It was the government of the United States working to protect the most vulnerable citizens that we have in our country right now, the residents of the Gulf."

"It's BP's spill," the Massachusetts Democrat said, "but it is America's ocean, and it is America's citizens who are being harmed. ... No, this is not a shakedown of the company."
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    I read that earlier, talk about politial suicide. I had a feeling a Repupblican would think that way; but didn't know someone would be dumb enough to let the thought leave his brain.

Credits
    I THINK THEY GOT OF EASY. But personally i think President Obama can/could have handled this better.

Credits
    smh

Credits
    The republicans are arseholes!! And they have really showed their true colors ever since obama walked into the white house.

Credits
    The republican pig from texas (home of the bushies) outed himself and his party for the enablers that they are. These are the fools who want no over site on wall street ....and they had it for a while and look where that led to, almost a financial meltdown which they are now blaming for obama for his efforts in trying to save us from that situation.

These are also the same fools who want a hands-off approach in terms of regulating the oil industry...free enterprise they call it.....well look where that has led us to; a catastrophe that they are now trying to pin on obama as well. These fools want government hands-off big business who pollute the air we breathe as well. No cap and trade they shout...obama is a this or that for trying to put caps on the amt of polluting gases that big companies put into the air. God forbid somewhere down the road another environmental time bomb goes off and they will come up with excuses then to. As long as the money is rolling in everything is fine and dandy. Phucking sickening.

Big business will eventually destroy this planet (note the piece elsewhere on the forum about oil spill in the niger desert) but no worries while the earth rots at least the capitalist pigs will continue to enjoy huge profit magins. Big business and those who want no regulations on anything must understand that money is worth nothing if the environment and earth itself is going to hell in a handbasket.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    I read that earlier, talk about politial suicide. I had a feeling a Repupblican would think that way; but didn't know someone would be dumb enough to let the thought leave his brain.
    BP is a White Ruling Class Corporation.........

.....so naturally White Boyz will rise up in Defense if a Knee Grow appears to be attacking--

--'specially if looks like a Knee Grow will be controlling the flow of BIG DOLLAR$$$ in Reparations Money to White Working Class Suckers in Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida.

It don't look right for a Knee Grow to be handing out Money to Scrunting White Workers in the South!
    Last edited by marabunta; 06-18-2010 at 06:50 AM.

Credits
    I am gonna be fair and say it was 1 republican and not all of them... and them other republicans condem his nonsense along with the democrats...
    BUT that just shows you the tactics of the GOP.. Grasping at straws trying to find anyway to attack Obama...
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung