Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now America wants em

elq
    Credits

Now America wants em

Everywhere else in the world have been rolling wid dese sized cars for years....now dey want dem here....

wel.....until dem get run over by a Hummer.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/11/07/...ars/index.html
    NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - While America's long love affair with enormous SUVs may be waning, a new market is being discovered at the other end of the scale.

Very small cars are making a comeback.

Last week, Toyota unveiled the Yaris, which has been sold in other countries, including Japan, for some time. The Yaris is smaller and less expensive than the popular Toyota Corolla.

In addition, Honda will soon be introducing the Fit and Nissan plans to roll out the Versa. Like the Toyota Yaris, these are also versions of cars those companies currently sell in other countries.

Credits
    with the price of gas nowadays, it was inevitable. at least they don't have these that are all over Europe.

one hit in that and it's a wrap.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by elq
    Everywhere else in the world have been rolling wid dese sized cars for years....now dey want dem here....

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - While America's long love affair with enormous SUVs may be waning, a new market is being discovered at the other end of the scale.

Last week, Toyota unveiled the Yaris, which has been sold in other countries, including Japan, for some time. The Yaris is smaller and less expensive than the popular Toyota Corolla.

In addition, Honda will soon be introducing the Fit and Nissan plans to roll out the Versa. Like the Toyota Yaris, these are also versions of cars those companies currently sell in other countries.
    you it does take people here a long time to catch up to what's REALLY going on in the world!!!

elq
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ms. hershey
    with the price of gas nowadays, it was inevitable. at least they don't have these that are all over Europe.

i guess nobody picking up just_superficial in dat whip.
    but imagine getting de parking spot u always wanted wid this. reminds me of when a bunch of us went to germany back in high school. we saw a likkle red car juss like dis. well u know we stupid so we lift it up so ppl could tek pictures of we and it. de owner come and cuss we in german. he was big too

Credits
    i guess nobody picking up just_superficial in dat whip.
    but imagine getting de parking spot u always wanted wid this. reminds me of when a bunch of us went to germany back in high school. we saw a likkle red car juss like dis. well u know we stupid so we lift it up so ppl could tek pictures of we and it. de owner come and cuss we in german. he was big too
    dais de ting, when i went to paris, i saw nuff of these everywhere, in the teeny,tiniest spots imaginable. this would be perfect for parking the manhattan. but the people driving them were always 6' or bigger i'm like how de ass dey fittin' in dey???

Credits

Man I waiting for toyota to release the Starlet Turbo. A partner of mine ordered one straight from Japan for 4 grand. (shipped to Antigua of course). Nice litle car.

sharkie
    we have yaris in trini, but they are 4 door.

when i went to france and saw the "smart cars" i fell in love, they were so cute and we were takin mad pics of them too

and then there was the "deux cheveux" ( 2 horse power) cars, which were older, but jus as cute

Credits

I like the smart cars

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    I like the smart cars
    they're cute as ever it's just the whole idea of not having any room to "bounce" around in should you get into an accident that scares me.

Kiz
    Credits

y would I want one ah dose. It too small for my family. My kids will destroy dat toy car

Credits
    they're cute as ever it's just the whole idea of not having any room to "bounce" around in should you get into an accident that scares me.
    I totally agree with you. The cars are so light, It scares me when i see a really tall or fat person get into the car.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by carib_xtc
    I totally agree with you. The cars are so light, It scares me when i see a really tall or fat person get into the car.
    What you have against us fat people?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    What you have against us fat people?
    youre fat????? I have nothing against "your people"

Credits

Cool

They're here already. I saw on going down route 50 d odda day. Ah had tuh do ah double take. Ah mean it felt like ah coulda juss stick meh hand out meh window, pick up d car, and den pelt it out d road!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca Taliban
    They're here already. I saw on going down route 50 d odda day. Ah had tuh do ah double take. Ah mean it felt like ah coulda juss stick meh hand out meh window, pick up d car, and den pelt it out d road!
    seriously? wow. i saw a "tester" in Toronto earlier this year but i didn't think i'd see one here yet. i would like to take it out for a test drive though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast