Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nobody and they stupidness can stop me from posting!!! Get dat straight right now....

Credits

Nobody and they stupidness can stop me from posting!!! Get dat straight right now....

And with that said:

Do you think that crime in Trinidad has increased or the publicity of crime in Trinidad has increased?

Credits
    LOL....

I will answer your question when I stop laughing so hard!

D'Only1
    but eh eh, you is the one who say yuh done after the last post yuh made. But you in ah mess. . Nobody ain't chase yuh.

But to the crime thing, I have not lived in Trini for the past 12 years, soooooo, I will say crime has risen and the publicity of it, they trying so hard to be americanized that they going the wrong way. Media and all :p

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    I laughin too, but of course the publicity is going to increase so they can get people awared and scared. The amount of stories I hear for the past week from family, it must be serious!

Credits
    I have a friend who is cop home and I asked him about the escalating crime in Trinidad. He said that honestly that those things always happened it's just since all ths kidnappings started occurring that it is now in the spotlight.

Credits
    I think the if you look at the murder rate in trinidad, i has dramatically increased over the past 10 years, so has the kidnappings

But trinidad has always had its rash of crime, i just think its become more violent.

Credits
    Yeah I was about to say that. I think kidnapping as increased and since it is high profile kidnapping the publicity has increased. Trinidad has changed period. I think that the crime on tourist around Carnival time as increased therefore more people are speaking about it. I went to Trini in August and by the stories I was hearing I was fraid to even hang meh clothes on the line in fear of getting robbed......but i felt safe there.

Credits
    There was an article today about the effect of the news media and the tourism of Carnival this year.

The funny thing is that Ian McKenzie of Legends stated that the effect of the news media portraying high crimes in trinidad caused his registration for his band this year to be very low.

I guess the ugly costumes had nothing to do with that.

amprincess
    Originally posted by sokah
    There was an article today about the effect of the news media and the tourism of Carnival this year.

The funny thing is that Ian McKenzie of Legends stated that the effect of the news media portraying high crimes in trinidad caused his registration for his band this year to be very low.

I hope someone from Legends is peeping. they need to recruit some new designers.

Credits

LOL.. ... yeah that is the reason. I fraid someone stab meh up for wearing that shyt they call a costume!!

Credits
    I agree with you on the crime increase but you can't compare 10 years ago with now. We all have to remember we are in the 20th century, there is now cable in TNT with kids watching movies with at lot of crimes & violence, you have to remember back in day you had to be 21 years and over to see any movie with sex & violence, they then raised it to 18 years and over .The whole Caribbean is getting Americanize and on top of that, the deportees are running havoc in Trini , they are training young kids to stick up and rob people, the kids figure if you were deported from the US you suppose to be some kind of God , so they get big respect .... I know this guy who was deported for petty drugs, I here he controls a big gang who works for him ..Trini will all have big crime because Trini have big drugs. All the kidnapping is all drug related ....Allyuh doh worry, soon all that will pass , mark my words .......

Credits
    Originally posted by UpTown
    We all have to remember we are in the 20th century, there is now cable in TNT with kids watching movies with at lot of crimes & violence, you have to remember back in day you had to be 21 years and over to see any movie with sex & violence, they then raised it to 18 years and over .
    ******POST JACKING******
    Can you explain the math to me?

Credits
    ******POST JACKING******
    Can you explain the math to me?
    Well , I'll get my calculator :):)
    Sokah, look @ all the countries that don't have American influence, see how low the crime rate is, years ago we had more control of what the kids watch, the cable home is no censored, you could see anything from sex to crime on it, if there were no cable in TNT I bet you there would be less crime amongst the kids. Most of the crimes being committed now are by kids from as young as 14 years old, the cop who was shot around Christmas was killed because of a pair of sneakers ......please !!!!!! these kids have no value for life, seeing all the videos with all the gangster & tug life that people in America live , the kids figure it's cool and that's the normal way of life for us in the US , as for the Math things change with the times :)

Credits
    I agree that television has a lot to do with it; however,I think that we are also bypassing another important issue. unemployment.... I spent about 2 months in trini and alot of people are not working down there. If you think of the amout of people you went to school with and the amout of people who are finishing school now, there is really no way to provide jobs for all of these people. so they cannot get any real good jobs where they can make substantial paper. If you look at all the what we would call deceant jobs it is mainly the older people who hold these positions. so what is left for the young and willing? singing or hustling.

since not every body in TNT can sing in a band some resort to trying different ways to get money.. Some try to provide services depending on what they can do. ( pulling bull, farming,doing visa,or cooking etc.) Some turn to crime. take in to consideration the fact that some are not as lucky as you and me to be in the land of opportunity, can you really blame them.

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by brownskintrini View Post
    And with that said:

Do you think that crime in Trinidad has increased or the publicity of crime in Trinidad has increased?
    Hmmm nowadays I guess both
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast