Thread: No Mas on Labor Day

Credits

No Mas on Labor Day

Every year there seems to be less and less and less mas on the parkway. I am getting weary of trucks blasting music and no mas. I can count on one hand the number of "true" mas bands. Carnival is about mas not trucks blasting music.

What if I heard about this West Indian Parade that attracts millions of people each year and decided to attend to see what it is all about. If I came out after 3pm and stood up any where passed Nostrand Ave I would be in for a sad surprise. I would see no costumes and wonder "what the hell are these people doing?"

OH, well, after j'ouvert I will be going home to clean off the mud, take off my angel wings, and get sting by the MAD SCORPION on the parkway.

BajanFete

RE: No Mas on Labor Day

If yuh lookin to just act ridiculous come out after 3 and wait at nostrand if yuh want ta see mas come out early but after the politicians

Credits

RE: maximus dan - bloodshed

Credits

RE: No Mas on Labor Day

I play mas every year and i have won jr. king and 2000 i won adult male character and last i came 3rd. Less people want to play mas da parkway is more like a big fete were evryone just wants to jump and wave. Most bands get backed up in da back of da parade because they're so many music trucks. The music trucks bring in a lot of monay for da da Carnival Assocaition dats why they've haven't done anything about it. People don't even kow about the Mas Competetion in back of da museum Thursday night. The prize money is terribale u might spend up from 1,000 to 3,000 to buy a costume and if u win u only get like $800. Every year less and less people are playin mas. Music trucks always has been a problem and da parkway and it's hard fo mas players o enjoy themself when they're stuck in da back and you got people who don't belong in da band pushing u especially if your playin a big mas. Maybe dis year might be different cause they're new members in da carnivl association.