Thread: Ninja Man refuses to perform

Credits

Ninja Man refuses to perform

song that glorifies violence

Ninja Man defies 'Borders' - JAMAICAOBSERVER.COM

In a stunning retreat of his long-standing rude boy image, controversial dancehall artiste, Ninja Man refused Professor Carolyn Cooper's invitation to perform his defining 1990 hit song Border Clash.

The deejay's refusal came during the closing ceremony of the Global Reggae Conference, held at the University of the West Indies Assembly Hall on Friday.
    Last edited by jamaicangirl; 02-25-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Brown Milk
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    song that glorifies violence

Ninja Man defies 'Borders' - JAMAICAOBSERVER.COM

In a stunning retreat of his long-standing rude boy image, controversial dancehall artiste, Ninja Man refused Professor Carolyn Cooper's invitation to perform his defining 1990 hit song Border Clash.

The deejay's refusal came during the closing ceremony of the Global Reggae Conference, held at the University of the West Indies Assembly Hall on Friday.
    Big ups to Brother Desmond for keeping it real...

"Yes it hurts me fi hear di gun dem bark and it makes me happy when ghetto youths a talk, and that's a powerful decision that I want you fi know oh oh oh oh oh...
    University oh, mi see some dangerous tools in di hands of the fool
    And mi beg di ghetto youths dem fi cool before yu give book and pencil and send dem to school yu give dem a big forty-five dat dem fi rule....
    Oh mr politician yu come inna di ghetto with yu guns and amunition
    Everyday yu get up yu start issue out weapon people start dead by the minute and second
    Dis why I'm on a mission fi tek di ghetto yute dem from di guns dem and amunition..."

Credits
    Yes Don Gorgon , nice move

Registered User small_island_descent's Avatar small_island_descent is offline
    Credits
    It took quite a few years but I'm happy to see Ninja Man taking RESPONSIBILITY for the message being delivered in his music. I really hope that sparks other artists to get involved and do the same. It won't solve all the problems in the ghetto but at least, it will provide more positive messages to those in the struggle through dancehall.