Thread: #################### vs. ########################...

Credits

#################### vs. ########################...

A few years ago, I wouldn't even think of posting this in a Caribbean forum, cause we don't really use the word like how Black Americans do...But recently I have noticed an alarming increase in de so-called reggae-rap songs dat some of these reggae artists are doing...Reminds me of de game "Simon Says" -- yuh know de one where yuh take 5 big steps an' den all of a sudden yuh fin' yuhself right back at de beginning cause yuh never ask permission before yuh tek de steps...
    Interesting article...

Judge rules: "Because "####################" not the same as "########################", it's not a
    racist term"

JUDGE SAYS "####################" IS NOT THE SAME AS "########################"

(Mar. 18, 2002)
    A San Jose, California judge allowed a white student who committed a
    hate crime against his black female teacher off the hook. His defense
    reasoned successfully that the white guy did not commit a hate crime
    when he vandalized school property because he spelled the N word
    N-I-G-G-A and not N-I-G-G-E-R. Yep, the white guy used the "friendly"
    version of the word and got away with it. Dude wrote 'Thanks ####################'
    and had an arrow pointed to the teacher's name.

For those who are still shaking their heads in disbelief, here's what
    went down. A white student at a San Jose high school got upset with
    his African American teacher for suspending his white friend. In
    retaliation he spray paints a school wall with the teacher's name and
    the N word which was spelled N-I-G-G-A. The police were upset. The
    teacher was upset and the community was appalled. The student goes on trial for this hate crime and his defense attorney brings in an "expert" witness to testify to the judge that there's a difference between the two spellings of the N word. The judge listens and lets the student off and says no hate crime was committed and thus a dangerous precedent is set.

San Jose's Black Police officers association were extremely upset
    over the ruling. After all, they know all to well what this will lead to. The next time some cop pulls you over and hurls the N word he can get off by saying he said N-I-G-G-A and not N-I-G-G-E-R. Should you be careful before you file a racial harassment suit against a coworker or an insensitive boss? After all, he or she may actually be using the'####################' spelling of the word.

I couldn't help recalling the speech that Minister Farrakhan gave at
    the most recent Hip Hop Summit in LA. He emphatically warned us, "If
    we keep putting something out there we will one day have to answer
    for it." This recent court interpretation of this hate crime and the use of the N word was proof. Think about it.

"Out of many, One People"

Credits

RE: #################### vs. ########################...

Chickens coming home to roost? Black people are to blame. I am so disgusted... I am going to have to come back to this one.....

She looks like a flower
    but....
    Stings like a bee...

Credits

thatz kinda strange. i think the kids point came across bcuz at least 2 me, no matter how itz spelled (####################, ########################, nig; with maybe the exception of Niger the country), its still the same degrading term. had this been a hispanic teacher and the kid spelled it 'spik' instead of 'spick' the intention of using a racial slur is still present. but i'd like 2 know how this 'expert' was able 2 describe the differences in spelling and meaning of the word '####################'.

i 4got this song's name but if u guy's rememba a hip-hop group called X-Clan, it had a verse Brother J was rhyming. whole song was wicked, but what caught me was this one line. it was contradictory, but profound to me. he said....

" 'cuz i'm dat '####################' that they can't stand
    ta teach an african how ta say black man' "

and speakin of farrakhan, he moved me years ago when he said these words from a speech, but i 4got where it was. it can be heard at the beginning of another hip-hop group, Public Enemy's song entitled 'Night Of the Living Baseheads'

"Have you forgotten that once we were brought here
    we were robbed of our name, robbed of culture,
    we lost our religion, our culture, our God
    and many of us by the way we act...we even lost our minds"

deep chilling words ent?!

salt

Credits

RE: Ah had a Time - IMix Family..

Credits

#1 - Well I am black and I am not to blame.

#2 - The spelling should not change the meanign in thsi case cause there is no know official meanign for the word #################### which is not recognized as a word.

#3 - with the proper prosecution they should have been abled to argue that the spelling wasnt applicable to the meaning which the offender meant to portray.

L.R