Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Nicki prefer Jamaican artistes over Trinis?

Credits
    No one was mad when Foxy used Spragga and Cham....Its just common sense that you would use another artist to boost your career...you have to be completely crossed over to make it work if she used other Trini artist...Nickis stardom isnt there yet.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sugarr* View Post
    .Nickis stardom isnt there yet.
    You are underrating her. How many current female stars are bigger than her?

The only arguable ones are Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Adele, Gagga and Katy Perry. And Nicki is right in that group.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEducator View Post
    You are underrating her. How many current female stars are bigger than her?

The only arguable ones are Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Adele, Gagga and Katy Perry. And Nicki is right in that group.
    I dont underrate her...i think she there but on shaky ground...they are already sayin that Roman song didnt do well at all....her 15 minutes is coming to an end....you never heard any of the other artist get the same negative feedback.

Credits
    I dont underrate her...i think she there but on shaky ground...they are already sayin that Roman song didnt do well at all....her 15 minutes is coming to an end....you never heard any of the other artist get the same negative feedback.
    that was the longest 15 mins ever!!....cant wait till its over!
    NikkiGiovanni likes this.
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYLOC View Post
    that was the longest 15 mins ever!!....cant wait till its over!
    Werd!
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley Escobar View Post
    Then you've never been to Italy or Japan!!!
    or france or amsterdam or germany etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    @ Namey, this dumb crap that Jamaican accent is superior and less "funny" sounding than other islands is ludacrus

Aaron Fresh sings in a Trini accent and people seem to love it.

again, please stick to the point, the ORIGINAL POST!
    who??????

this sounds like another trini inferior complex thread.....unno fi just realize that Jamaica is more influential...period....

i don't know how no one mentioned the long standing, deep ties that hip hop has always had with jamaica and dancehall.....it has been intertwined for years...it ONLY makes sense....this is not about trini vs jamaica...this is about staying true to hip hop...period
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    i hope Nicki does well but as im seeing with her she doesnt change her personal style much...she just tries to come up with stupid outfits...whereas Rihanna always re-invents herself and keeps herself fresh...ppl will get tired of nicki....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Namey Namey View Post
    Artist don't go putting other artist on their album just to be patriotic. They do it because the artist is already known, they do it because they like that artist music, etc. Nicki minaj probably doesn't even listen to soca, it probably didn't even cross her mind to put a soca artist on her album.
    There isn't a Trini alive who dislikes or doesn't listen to soca. That is 100% accurate, no probablys in it. And most, if not all artistes, have an incredible range when it comes to music. They listen to everything because it's in their interest so to do.

The probably you haven't yet imagined is a soca artiste not asking to be on Minaj's album. If Kees can work with Snoop and Machel can collab with Pitbull and all the others he has then not working with Minaj must be their choice, if one is to assume anything.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    or france or amsterdam or germany etc etc etc

Prove that reggae music isn't declining there. Because I have been to all of those places save for Japan and recently too. Reggae music has declined there.

Credits
    i hope Nicki does well but as im seeing with her she doesnt change her personal style much...she just tries to come up with stupid outfits...whereas Rihanna always re-invents herself and keeps herself fresh...ppl will get tired of nicki....
    I hope she goes away.....
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    lol Her song Starships is currently number 5 on the Hot 100 and it just went platinum.

Taj
    Credits
    I en read the whole ting but geez we could beg afta ppl eh

Geezan ages have some pride bout yuhself!
    Georgeflash and Nickyan like this.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    There isn't a Trini alive who dislikes or doesn't listen to soca. That is 100% accurate, no probablys in it. And most, if not all artistes, have an incredible range when it comes to music. They listen to everything because it's in their interest so to do.

The probably you haven't yet imagined is a soca artiste not asking to be on Minaj's album. If Kees can work with Snoop and Machel can collab with Pitbull and all the others he has then not working with Minaj must be their choice, if one is to assume anything.
    MadamStatuesque likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEducator View Post
    Yuh cah find de round-of-applause gif or what?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    Prove that reggae music isn't declining there. Because I have been to all of those places save for Japan and recently too. Reggae music has declined there.
    define declining???? are you talking about popularity, record sales, what?

Reggaefrance.com - La rfrence Reggae / Dancehall

this is a video i took in france only 2 years ago....are you talking about declining in the last year or so, because the french look like they are very into the music, and this wasn't even in paris, this was a tiny little town in france called Besancon and the place was packed...watch how when i pan into the crowd, they are singing the lyrics and getting mad hype

this is amsterdam...i don't see a shortage in reggae or dancehall events....

Amsterdam (Holland) - Upcoming Reggae and Ska Concerts and Festivals
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast