Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Nicki prefer Jamaican artistes over Trinis?

Credits
    Just accept that NM has zip, zilch, zero cultural ties to Trinbago.
    SWAGGERIFIC likes this.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    swagga u ever hear nikki minaj big up trinidad????? de woman aint CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! she disown trinidad so why should trini artist kiss their ass to be on she record, you think she come to make friends?? this the music business boyyy.... and why jamaica so successful because they stick together everywhere they go when music is playing.......have trinis done that as chinks say "AFTER ASH WEDNESDAY"
    SWAGGERIFIC, tikreyol and Nickyan like this.
    St.Kitts Jam Crew Productions

like the fan page search for St.kitts Jam Crew Productions

or hit up on twitter @JAM_CREW

or email : st.kittsjamcrew@gmail.com

or soundcloud search for Jam Crew

Credits
    Who has Nicki 'put on' since she's become popular?
    Is she even popular enough to break out anyone?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by iPicong View Post
    since she eat dat food in trini from bMobile yuh eh hear boo from she again.......when she career dead is d next time she go be in Trini......biggups tuh ill nana who still think she ah yardy too
    lmmfao

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    its mind boggling that some of the non Jamaican caribbean artists tink to rep the Caribbean all they have to do is collabo with a JA artists and spit some patois and den they back to they roots,

what about the other aspects of our culture?
    why is it mindboggling? Jamaica runs the Caribbean plain and simple except for maybe 30 days out of the year collectively
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM CREW View Post
    swagga u ever hear nikki minaj big up trinidad????? de woman aint CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! she disown trinidad so why should trini artist kiss their ass to be on she record, you think she come to make friends?? this the music business boyyy.... and why jamaica so successful because they stick together everywhere they go when music is playing.......have trinis done that as chinks say "AFTER ASH WEDNESDAY"
    You serious?
    Yuh think all dem Carnivals happen at the same time and populated by Swedes?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    You serious?
    Yuh think all dem Carnivals happen at the same time and populated by Swedes?
    so you saying other carnivals around the region only playing trini music?? come on son lets not go there......its been said many times after ash wednesday trinidad soca in trinidad lock off..... trinidadians don't need Nikki minaj's help to reach international thats being lazzzzyy its time to work hard and i speaking to alll caribbean artist of all genres they choose. and problem with us in the region why our music havent reach international we do not have a well constructed RECORD LABEL...........check what jamaica doing with their music they have plenty record labels in jamaica that link with international record labels

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM CREW View Post
    so you saying other carnivals around the region only playing trini music?? come on son lets not go there......its been said many times after ash wednesday trinidad soca in trinidad lock off..... trinidadians don't need Nikki minaj's help to reach international thats being lazzzzyy its time to work hard and i speaking to alll caribbean artist of all genres they choose. and problem with us in the region why our music havent reach international we do not have a well constructed RECORD LABEL...........check what jamaica doing with their music they have plenty record labels in jamaica that link with international record labels
    If a label is that important where are the Romanian, Spanish and Italian artistes in the US,UK market?
    Clearly it's more about the music than the infrastructure.

And that lock off thing is more myth, in modern times, than anything else. Historically, there were reasons connected to religion and morality for the 'lock-off- and even today you hear private school Catholics asking their parents to take off the soca CD.
    But in today's world, the lock off is more an ease down. Carnival is a package deal and soca targets the most profitable time of the year. There is an intensity in that period and the inevitable wind down.
    The artistes release their best material for that period before moving on to the US and regionally. That's just how it is. The artistes aren't at home often enough to continue to drive the thing forward. But, I drive around and I hear the music blasting from cars, all the time. And it plays on many radio stations too.
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    Swaggerific, she probably wanted to work with a Trinbagonian artist but due to label politics...

That neither of us don't know even though I have my doubts...

Jamaican artists are GLOBALLY known whereas Machel Montano who is T&T's biggest artist is only known in certain places...

Obviously she's going for star power but don't worry though... She'll do a track with Bunji Garlin...
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley Escobar View Post
    Swaggerific, she probably wanted to work with a Trinbagonian artist but due to label politics...

That neither of us don't know even though I have my doubts...

Jamaican artists are GLOBALLY known whereas Machel Montano who is T&T's biggest artist is only known in certain places...

Obviously she's going for star power but don't worry though... She'll do a track with Bunji Garlin...
    It appears to me that Jamaican music has taken a serious dive, everywhere.

Credits
    Maybe she should ask Swappi...he's Jamaican. lol
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    It appears to me that Jamaican music has taken a serious dive, everywhere.
    Then you've never been to Italy or Japan!!!
    MadamStatuesque likes this.
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

Credits
    If a label is that important where are the Romanian, Spanish and Italian artistes in the US,UK market?
    Clearly it's more about the music than the infrastructure.

And that lock off thing is more myth, in modern times, than anything else. Historically, there were reasons connected to religion and morality for the 'lock-off- and even today you hear private school Catholics asking their parents to take off the soca CD.
    But in today's world, the lock off is more an ease down. Carnival is a package deal and soca targets the most profitable time of the year. There is an intensity in that period and the inevitable wind down.
    The artistes release their best material for that period before moving on to the US and regionally. That's just how it is. The artistes aren't at home often enough to continue to drive the thing forward. But, I drive around and I hear the music blasting from cars, all the time. And it plays on many radio stations too.
    if you don't have a proper infrastructure the music would not go any further.... its like building a house you need the foundation first then you start building not putting on a roof then wall then foundation.....we need a well established record label/labels in the region that have connections to the international labels. we still have this mentality of soca being seasonal but i aint going there this not the forum for that....italians spanish romanians have established record labels you be surprise how they are hitting the U.S and U.K market but what about we in the region we need to stop ask favours to be on a collab and do our own vibes and work hard and build that foundation that can last for decades or centuries. when you work your hard in the marketing and legal and wel established record label... you see how far the music from this part of the region reach international.

Down di road, ova di gully, pass di big tree
    Credits
    hahahaha look pon di badmind trinis. As soon as a yawdie start eat a food unuh jump up bout weh my share. STEEEUUUUPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS

Nikki not even a rep TnT but unuh ready fi claim she. But like all trini gyal she love yawdies. Watch an see when news bruk seh she a get dig out by a yawdie. Look how much trinibago gonna disown her ass lika a Indian fadda.
    NikkiGiovanni likes this.
    Disclaimer:
    Many of you can't keep Jamaica outa yuh mouth. Its ok, we understand you can't help it. Envy is a helluva thing. But let it be known. If you've never been to mi yawd your comments about mi yawd shall hereby be stricken as nuttin but verbal defecation. Walk good.

Yes I am a superhero. Sarcasm is my superpower.

NaturalBornRidah
    I'm very disappointed about Beenie Man being on that song with Nicki Minaj, he should of known better,not to do a song with the loose nut .

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast