• 1 Post By Nica
  • 2 Post By Oneshot

Thread: New York City Designer Closets

DSP
    Credits

New York City Designer Closets

$2400 a month?

no wonder some people said $1200 a month was a steal

Tiny Living – Could You Live In A 250 Square Foot House?
    by Yesha Callahan

“Today there are about 1.8 million one – and two-person households in the city, but there are only about 1 million studio and one-bedroom apartments. You notice the mismatch,” is what NYC Mayor Bloomberg said in July as he announced a competition for designing a building dominated by micro-studios. Tiny living is a trend that has been catching more attention as people follow the concept “less is more”, when it comes to their living environments.

Apartments and houses under 250 square feet have long existed in countries such as Japan and China, but now they’re becoming even more popular in the United States.

adAPT NYC, is a competition which could create a new housing model for New York City. The goal is to show that small doesn’t necessarily mean cramped or unlivable. The objective is to design an apartment no larger than 300 square feet, and it has to include a bathroom with a tub, a kitchen and windows that look out on air and not shafts. The city is providing the space on East 27th Street and the winner will be announced later this year.

Cities like San Francisco and Boston are already adapting to the “tiny living” trend. Boston is already in the process of building micro-studios that are smaller than 450 square feet, to accommodate the mayor’s request.

North Carolina resident Ryan Mitchell, of The Tiny Life, is a long time advocate of smaller living spaces. His website offers tips on how to live in 100 to 200 square feet. “I realize that is an extreme,” said Mitchell told the LA Times. Although he currently lives in a regular sized house, he’s saving to build a tiny home of 130 square feet on two levels. “I don’t expect and I don’t think the majority of us will get to a point where we’re living in that type of dwelling,” Mitchell said. “But I think it’s important to show there’s an alternative to McMansions.”

But don’t assume tiny living is easy on the pockets. In New York city Prudential Douglas Elliman, showed off a 275-square-foot studio for $339,000. At $2,400 a month for rent, the price is still a hefty pill to swallow. Because these developments are modernized, the prices all depend on the area you’re living in, but they still may not be affordable for the average middle-income person.

Could you see yourself living in less than 300 square feet?
    Unfortunately, stupidity and ignorance can be entertaining.

Goodle this you 50 year old crusty vagina

--oh yes jigger boozers ever lasting wahr with the "lovers of empresses and hafrican queens" should be ashamed ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

--I like disrespect especially ones that dont involve cursing and nugga nugga nugga watch subject matter ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

Credits
    250 sq. ft?!! This is ridiculous. I want nothing to do with an apartment under 750sq.ft for me alone.

These people insane yes. $2400 is mortgage payment for a house over 2000 sq.ft
    pebblesjt likes this.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Unfortunately aryou we live out a suburb a go find out, when di oil a dry up and suburban living becomes unsustainable this will be the future.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "

Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    Unfortunately aryou we live out a suburb a go find out, when di oil a dry up and suburban living becomes unsustainable this will be the future.
    or surburbs become sustainable. a lot of space for gardens. and before that there will be natural gas vehicles.
    Nica and TRINILI0N like this.

Credits
    is this another excuse to hate on nyc
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    is this another excuse to hate on nyc
    Nope.

They have these kind of living spaces in places like Japan and China already. Been seeing them highlighted on travel channel for years now. I think there is/was somthing similar in San fran too, which is popular among asians.

I personally cannot see myself paying that much for anything other than a house.
    www.cookingwithval.com
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    Nope.

They have these kind of living spaces in places like Japan and China already. Been seeing them highlighted on travel channel for years now. I think there is/was somthing similar in San fran too, which is popular among asians.

I personally cannot see myself paying that much for anything other than a house.
    what about considering the view?

DSP
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    lol
    Unfortunately, stupidity and ignorance can be entertaining.

Goodle this you 50 year old crusty vagina

--oh yes jigger boozers ever lasting wahr with the "lovers of empresses and hafrican queens" should be ashamed ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

--I like disrespect especially ones that dont involve cursing and nugga nugga nugga watch subject matter ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

Credits
    I can go stand up somewhere and get view for free
    www.cookingwithval.com
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post

$2400 a month?

no wonder some people said $1200 a month was a steal

that lil shiit is well put together, i love the paint color.. and the cabinets

i think ima copy this for my room

Credits
    or surburbs become sustainable. a lot of space for gardens. and before that there will be natural gas vehicles.
    to make the American suburbs sustainable is going to take a massive restructuring that most likely will be beyond the means of any government or private entity, this society was literally built around the notion that oil will be cheap and will be flowing forever.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "

Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    to make the American suburbs sustainable is going to take a massive restructuring that most likely will be beyond the means of any government or private entity, this society was literally built around the notion that oil will be cheap and will be flowing forever.
    i dont believe the hype, natural gas trucks, and electric cars.