Thread: New nerd problem

cassette_craig

New nerd problem

Arite Boom new ting. This is not the same computer dat i posted about suh keep dat in mind.

Customer called me and said her PC no longer boots. I went to check it out, i turned on the PC boots up to the win-blows splash screen then gives B.S.D (blue screen of death), so i boot the PC using my repair CD and when i go to the load XP screen i see the H.D has two partitions but for both of them the file systems are unknown.

Yuh know like Partition1 (NTFS)
    Well this has Partition1 (unknown)

Now how the fixing for this going?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cassette_craig View Post
    Arite Boom new ting. This is not the same computer dat i posted about suh keep dat in mind.

Customer called me and said her PC no longer boots. I went to check it out, i turned on the PC boots up to the win-blows splash screen then gives B.S.D (blue screen of death), so i boot the PC using my repair CD and when i go to the load XP screen i see the H.D has two partitions but for both of them the file systems are unknown.

Yuh know like Partition1 (NTFS)
    Well this has Partition1 (unknown)

Now how the fixing for this going?
    Partition table is corrupt. You need to go to Ultimate Boot CD - Overview get the cd image and burn it as an iso. Then use fdisk to analyze the partitions. Hopefully, it's just the partition type that changed and you can use it to make it ntfs again.

cassette_craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle View Post
    Partition table is corrupt. You need to go to Ultimate Boot CD - Overview get the cd image and burn it as an iso. Then use fdisk to analyze the partitions. Hopefully, it's just the partition type that changed and you can use it to make it ntfs again.
    250MB wow shit i should get dat downloaded sometime next week. hahahahahahaha

T-MAKAA
    the boot.ini file wont come into play with this?

cassette_craig
    ^^^ explain nearer
    Last edited by cassette_craig; 09-15-2008 at 12:55 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    the boot.ini file wont come into play with this?
    Sometimes...but in this case, I doubt it. Reason is that the rescue showed Partition 1 as unknown. This is a clear hint that either 1) something happened to the partition table or 2) the physical layout of the disks in the machine have changed and thus the partition table is telling the truth because it is looking at a physically different disk.

boot.ini is read by NTLOADER which is installed in the master boot record or the hardrive and tells where which disk and partition the windows system is installed in.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cassette_craig View Post
    250MB wow shit i should get dat downloaded sometime next week. hahahahahahaha
    I understand, but that image is well worth it...trust me.

cassette_craig
    I understand, but that image is well worth it...trust me.
    Im laughing at the time it would tek not the size. I know it well worth it banna yuh aint gah speed. Bless up fuh the advice and info

Credits
    :