Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Commissioner of Police In T&T

Credits

New Commissioner of Police In T&T

Last selection process for COP was subverted
    Published: 13 Jun 2010

Questioned of a report in a daily newspaper that Canadian Neal Parker, a retired member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and currently Deputy Commissioner of the Antigua Police Force, is the preferred choice to be this country’s next Commissioner of Police, Persad- Bissessar said the last process for the COP was subverted. “The Government found a way to subvert it and bypass the law.” “I don’t know if it is a Canadian or not,” insisting that the People’s Partnership will abide by the law “until such law may be changed.”
    The search for a top cop has been ongoing for the past two years, since the previous government rejected the Police Service Commission’s (PSC) nominee in 2008, complaining that the process of recruitment was flawed. Parker is one of five persons in line for the COP job. Told that some contracted workers at the Information Ministry were fearful of losing their jobs, Persad-Bissessar as everything else “we will have to review it. “If it is there are persons who don’t necessarily need to be there, we will review it.”

Last selection process for COP was subverted | The Trinidad Guardian
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    what Antigua crime like?

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglorious Bastard View Post
    Last selection process for COP was subverted
    Published: 13 Jun 2010

Questioned of a report in a daily newspaper that Canadian Neal Parker, a retired member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and currently Deputy Commissioner of the Antigua Police Force, is the preferred choice to be this country’s next Commissioner of Police, Persad- Bissessar said the last process for the COP was subverted. “The Government found a way to subvert it and bypass the law.” “I don’t know if it is a Canadian or not,” insisting that the People’s Partnership will abide by the law “until such law may be changed.”
    The search for a top cop has been ongoing for the past two years, since the previous government rejected the Police Service Commission’s (PSC) nominee in 2008, complaining that the process of recruitment was flawed. Parker is one of five persons in line for the COP job. Told that some contracted workers at the Information Ministry were fearful of losing their jobs, Persad-Bissessar as everything else “we will have to review it. “If it is there are persons who don’t necessarily need to be there, we will review it.”

Last selection process for COP was subverted | The Trinidad Guardian

dem is de ppl in de red and de big hat who does be riding horses?
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyshawtie View Post
    dem is de ppl in de red and de big hat who does be riding horses?
    yeah sumting like dat.........thats is probably their mounted division

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglorious Bastard View Post
    yeah sumting like dat.........thats is probably their mounted division
    lol...he sound like a sorf man...
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    abu bakr will slap he
    STATUS UPDATE: (6/11/11)
    Nigerians are great people

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyshawtie View Post
    lol...he sound like a sorf man...
    yeah Canada eh known fuh dey crime fighting.........i think we need somebody who use to crime fighting in big cities

LR Advertising LLC

Gladiator

Credits
    Give me the job I will clean up the streets in six months

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Give me the job I will clean up the streets in six months
    Until the culture of law enforcement changes on all levels, then we will continue to get what we've always gotten.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Olokun View Post
    abu bakr will slap he
    abu bakr is a clown ..he will pee on himself before he decide to do anything like dat..

Credits
    Canadian Tipped for Top Cop
    Jensen La Vende and Aretha Welch
    Friday, June 18th 2010

THE Police Service Commission has recommended Canadian Neal Parker as the front runner for the post of Police Commissioner, according to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Parker, a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Deputy Commissioner of Police in Antigua and Barbuda was selected from among the applicants, and was short listed by Penn State University, which was contracted to review those who applied for the post.

Speaking following the swearing in ceremony of Minister in the Ministry of National Security Subhas Panday at Knowsley Building in Port of Spain, Persad-Bissessar said, ’As you know the recommendation for the Commissioner of Police, I am advised is a Canadian who has worked in the Caribbean I believe in St Lucia and elsewhere. So that is a matter that will come up for debate immediately and as a Cabinet we took note of it today. But we will hold a further caucus on the issue to determine the way forward. I do not have all the details in terms of the process that was followed.’

She said, ’A lot of the factors will be administrative factors. There is a matter that will be laid in the Parliament, which you are aware of which is the order from his Excellency the President with the nomination for the person to be the Commissioner of Police and a Deputy Commissioner of Police.

She said the Government would meet with various branches of the Police Service and the various departments including Second Division officers to get their views before the Parliamentarians make their final decision on the matter when it comes up for the debate.

’I believe the Commissioner of Police’s (James Philbert) term would expire on June 30, so there is some urgency in dealing with that matter, so that is going to be tabled tomorrow after the Parliament is convened.’

If Parker is rejected by Parliament, the Police Service Commission has a merit list of other candidates.

Parker, a native of Ottawa, Canada joined the Royal Police Force of Antigua and Barbuda in August 2008 as Deputy Commissioner of Police. He was one of four retired Canadian Mounties hired by the Antiguan government to head the island’s police force.

ACP Stephen Williams, has been nominated for the post Deputy Commissioner of Police. He along with another foreigner and a local are tipped to fill the existing vacancies.

Williams was nominated for the Commissioner’s post in 2008 but did not get the approval of parliamentarians under the former People’s National Movement administration.

TrinidadExpress

LR Advertising LLC

LB
    Credits
    I've only read the last post but I gotta ask, why is TnT taking the same useless step as Jamaica and hiring an outside person? Why is it that caribbean countries dont think they have the human resources within to solve a problem? You mean there are not men/women with just as good skill set to be named to the position from within TnT?
    "Twats you people be" - Chinks

"Don't try to win over the haters, you're not the jackass whisperer."

Some people get you and some people don’t, and to spend your life trying to make people understand how deep and complex and varied you are — I think that way lies madness - K. Blanchett

"The leopard's stealthy gait is not a result of cowardice; it is simply stalking a prey." (Do not mistake people's gentle nature for spinelessness) - Yoruba Proverb

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    I've only read the last post but I gotta ask, why is TnT taking the same useless step as Jamaica and hiring an outside person? Why is it that caribbean countries dont think they have the human resources within to solve a problem? You mean there are not men/women with just as good skill set to be named to the position from within TnT?
    Problem is corruption....

In SLU we brought in British cops and the number of murder had drop be like 15. They left and boom shit started popping off. They left due to high ranking cops not wanting them and gov't bowed to political pressure.

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    Problem is corruption....

In SLU we brought in British cops and the number of murder had drop be like 15. They left and boom shit started popping off. They left due to high ranking cops not wanting them and gov't bowed to political pressure.
    I did think about the corruption aspect after my post........I guess because I saw JA take the same route with Mark Sheilds, and the crime rate really didnt budge, I just didnt want to see the same thing for TnT. I dont have enough info on what all factors into why it will work in say, SLU and not JA or somewhere else.
    "Twats you people be" - Chinks

"Don't try to win over the haters, you're not the jackass whisperer."

Some people get you and some people don’t, and to spend your life trying to make people understand how deep and complex and varied you are — I think that way lies madness - K. Blanchett

"The leopard's stealthy gait is not a result of cowardice; it is simply stalking a prey." (Do not mistake people's gentle nature for spinelessness) - Yoruba Proverb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast