Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A New Caribbean Airline Has Been Created

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Antigua Me Come Fram View Post
    The prices are supposed to remain the same. As far as the schedule goes it should be more flexible, not one flight leaving five minutes after the other to the same destination.

Caribbean Star was created to kill LIAT because Stanford wanted to buy it but he was refused. Now as a result he has lost millions of dollars and from what I understand even more than what LIAT has been losing. He had no right in the airline business in the first place.
    lol I know antigua and barbuda is becoming the joint republic of china and standford inc but how are you saying he had no right in the airline business

Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    lol I know antigua and barbuda is becoming the joint republic of china and standford inc but how are you saying he had no right in the airline business
    Like I said he only started Caribbean Star to kill LIAT which of course backfired. He was hoping that LIAT would buckle under the pressure with him charging lower fares, mimmicking her schedule etc. then we would have had no choice but to shut her down and sell to him. He even went as far as using his newspaper the Antigua Sun to spread all sorts of propoganda against LIAT. Not even that worked. LIAT had a plaster for every one of his sores. The Caribbean people remained faithful to their own.

You see what you have to understand also is that Mr. Stanford has a vision. He keeps saying so. He not only wants to change the face of Antigua but the entire region but he wants to do it his way. Caribbean Star was an ill conceived idea that never made a dollar for the seven years it was in operation. If he was truly interested in the airline business he would have gone about it differently, yes competing with LIAT but also finding out other niches in the market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12