Thread: Need Feedback: Possible Thesis Topic

Credits

Question Need Feedback: Possible Thesis Topic

Hi all, just wanted some feedback on the feasibility of this topic for my senior thesis:

I want to basically study the evolution of Calypso music into Soca music and pose the question of whether Calypso is a dying art form due to the emergence of Soca and the many forms of Soca (Ragga, Chutney etc.) or whether it will always be in existence because it serves as the backbone for these forms.

Something along those lines...I'm really still in the brainstorming process.

Please I just want some constructive feedback. Thank you.

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits

Re: Need Feedback: Possible Thesis Topic

Originally posted by TiniTrini
    Hi all, just wanted some feedback on the feasibility of this topic for my senior thesis:

I want to basically study the evolution of Calypso music into Soca music and pose the question of whether Calypso is a dying art form due to the emergence of Soca and the many forms of Soca (Ragga, Chutney etc.) or whether it will always be in existence because it serves as the backbone for these forms.

Something along those lines...I'm really still in the brainstorming process.

Please I just want some constructive feedback. Thank you.
    You should try to speak to different artist or interview them to get there feedback on this topic! If I find anything I would definitely hit you w. some possible feedback! But, work w. that!

Credits
    sounds like a great topic. go to calypsodreams.com and call or email Geoffrey Dunn. He may have some footage to get you started....over 60 hrs of taped interviews.

Credits
    really good idea, it is definitely a different topic for a thesis , one that would definitely get everyone's attention,
    interviewing artist should definitely help if you need help PM me i would be glad to help out .

Credits
    sounds very interesting... if u do end up doin it on this topic I would be very interested in reading the final product ... did my final paper for my caribbean class last year on a similar topic... I will look for it and re-read it to see if there was anythin that could be of help to u :)

Credits
    It is a sound basis for a thesis....and it is not only affects soca and calypso...but other students of other cultures will be able to relate to your thesis because every artform of every culture as undergone some sort of transformation by the younger generations....would luv to read final copy

Credits
    Thank you everyone for the feedback and suggestions...I will be more than happy to share the final product.

Credits
    I WILL LOVE TO READ THE ENDING PRODUCT.. IT SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING.. GOOD LUCK!!
    Woman is BOSS and MAN is HORSE