Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NBA: The Canadians are coming....

Credits

NBA: The Canadians are coming....

Steadily over the last 15 years there has been an increase in Canadian players, and in the past 3 season it seem to have like doubled.

anybody else noticing the trend?
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Scoffs. I wouldn't give Canada any credit for what success they're achieving. Nobody gives a damned about supporting basketball.....its all about hockey. I remember Nash playing internationally for Canada and having to sleep in lousy hotels and pay for some of his lesser off teammates' expenses. No wonder Jamaal couldn't be bothered to ever suit up for Team Canada. Hard to believe no Canadian school offered Nash a scholarship coming outta H.S. I guess that was a blessing in discuss.

Wiggins wouldn't be Wiggins if he wasn't snapped up by a Prep school and shipped south.
    Collie4Nyah likes this.
    "I will forewarn you......fear ye him when thou hast died hath power to cast into hell" - Charles Lawson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DerMonger View Post
    Scoffs. I wouldn't give Canada any credit for what success they're achieving. Nobody gives a damned about supporting basketball.....its all about hockey. I remember Nash playing internationally for Canada and having to sleep in lousy hotels and pay for some of his lesser off teammates' expenses. No wonder Jamaal couldn't be bothered to ever suit up for Team Canada. Hard to believe no Canadian school offered Nash a scholarship coming outta H.S. I guess that was a blessing in discuss.

Wiggins wouldn't be Wiggins if he wasn't snapped up by a Prep school and shipped south.

The Wiggins brothers....Now you have the Ennis brothers.

Nick Staukas, Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, etc.

Magloire like you said...Joel Anthony, Todd McCullough, etc. before them.

The NBA has about 30 players reppin' Canada.

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

Credits
    One does not hear much about the raptors
    How are they doing !

Credits
    Always wondered why canadians never took to basketball (majority of them anyways) Vancouver Grizzlies etc.
    It WAS invented by a canadian after all....
    Hibernation is a covert preparation for a more overt action.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Collie4Nyah View Post
    Always wondered why canadians never took to basketball (majority of them anyways) Vancouver Grizzlies etc.
    Too dayum cold for outside pickup courts to develop game

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    Too dayum cold for outside pickup courts to develop game

BS...

Have you checked where Massachusetts, Michigan, Wisconsin , Illinois, Indiana, New York are all located?

Detroit and Canada are separated by a River, not much different than Jersey and New York..

mz_JazE likes this.

DSP
    Credits
    NBA, NFL, MLB are all diverse leagues and the diversity has increased over the last few decades anyway

NBA has players from all over the world...Eastern European countries, Latin nationis, Africa, a few from Canada shouldn't be a surprise.

NFL alot has players from Pacific Hemisphere countries from Australia to Tonga(and other Pacific islands,) as well as Germans, Africans, and Canadians. Former rugby players make easy transition.

MLB is full of latin-Caribbean and increasing Japanese players
    Unfortunately, stupidity and ignorance can be entertaining.

Goodle this you 50 year old crusty vagina

--oh yes jigger boozers ever lasting wahr with the "lovers of empresses and hafrican queens" should be ashamed ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

--I like disrespect especially ones that dont involve cursing and nugga nugga nugga watch subject matter ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

DSP
    Credits
    There's a Canadian Basketball league like CFL, but not as much money as CFL

--oh yes jigger boozers ever lasting wahr with the "lovers of empresses and hafrican queens" should be ashamed ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

--I like disrespect especially ones that dont involve cursing and nugga nugga nugga watch subject matter ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MÉCHANT LOUP View Post

BS...

Have you checked where Massachusetts, Michigan, Wisconsin , Illinois, Indiana, New York are all located?

Detroit and Canada are separated by a River, not much different than Jersey and New York..

[
    Ok so we can eliminate this theory lol Or can we ... This does not disprove it .. more research needs to be done . This area is very small compared to the whole map.... Below are warmer climates while above are colder.....

Do you have another theory ?

How about not enough brothas to the north .?

Or a shorter population ?

DSP
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MÉCHANT LOUP View Post
    The Wiggins brothers....Now you have the Ennis brothers.

Nick Staukas, Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, etc.

Magloire like you said...Joel Anthony, Todd McCullough, etc. before them.

The NBA has about 30 players reppin' Canada. [/I][/B]
    The kids in Canada play in the states often. There's alot of minor and rec leagues that span the 2 countries at the borders. This is also starting to happen in football with alot of kids who have family in both countries and get scholarships to prep schools.

Wiggins brothers father is American from the south(like Drake lol) so these connections play a part.

DSP
    Credits
    Ok so we can eliminate this theory lol Or can we ... This does not disprove it .. more research needs to be done . This area is very small compared to the whole map.... Below are warmer climates while above are colder.....

Do you have another theory ?

How about not enough brothas to the north .?

Or a shorter population ?

Canada only has around 35 million people(2-3% black).

America has 300+ million(15% black)

Credits
    Ok there you go
    The reason is financial incentive
    Not much financial incentive in Canada hence the disproportionate # of basketball players when compared to the USA.

Credits
    Its the hockey culture and at the end of the day this country as a whole will forever be content at being great at that and sucking at everything else.

Can't qualify for a World Cup, while Jamaica n TnT with less resources can,lol

I remember when the Raptors first joined a lot of American players complained about not being able to find games/highlights on TV. Forget about consistent basketball coverage if you have a basic cable package.

I just love when I go to the States how refreshing it is to see hockey highlights as almost non existant on ESPN,lol.

I attribute a lot of these guys going to NCAA D1 schools more to improved international scouting from the U.S than guys getting the level of support they need in Canada.
    "I will forewarn you......fear ye him when thou hast died hath power to cast into hell" - Charles Lawson

Credits
    One does not hear much about the raptors
    How are they doing !
    Would you believe a month ago, the Maple Leafs hockey team were mired in a slump and lost 6-1 to the worst team in the league, causing some fans to pelt the ice with debris. This was HUGE headline news.

And meanwhile the Raptors were off to the best start in franchise history and laid a 20 pt beating on LeBrons Cleveland on the road, and barely got a mention on the local sports channel, smh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast