Thread: Naya George

Credits

Naya George

Full Article on HIV/Aids Awareness Ads in Trinidad

http://www.guardian.co.tt/featurestory2.html

Naya George: “We should be trying to make role models out of our local acts. We’re supposed to do these sort of things with our local acts. It is because he was given that excessive kind of media coverage which local acts should have been given. Anyone promoting something has an automatic picture of Rupee. He comes to everyone’s mind.”

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT PART OF NAYA GEORGE IS A ROLE MODEL WHEN HE WAS PERFORMING RAP EXPLICIT MUSIC AT THE START OF CARNIVAL SEASON?

HOW SELFISH CAN ONE PERSON BE TO INSIST THAT TRINIDAD SHOULD LOOK FOR LOCAL ROLE MODELS WHEN YOU HAVE A MAN WHOSE PARENTS BOTH DIED OF THE VIRUS. HE IS MORE CONCERN WITH THE PUBLICITY ASPECT THAN THE ACTUAL SPREADING THE KNOWLEDGE.

SOME PEOPLE SHOULD JUST SING THERE ONE HIT TUNE AND DONE.

OK I VENTED.

MrBlackRock
    i cyan under stand why people does always feel to mek music so territorial...... oh well west indians are getting slower i swear

Credits
    be careful sokah, daiz a soca gangsta!!!

Credits
    you know i wanted to post this article this morning and make some comments, but i didn't want to get into an ignorant trini v. bajan argument.. but i was so angry when i read the article.

Who else to lead the way on the campaign for Aids other than Rupee. This man performs for children for free. He has lost both parents to the disease and made it his life mission to bring awareness

There is a part in the article where someone for the minstry of health summed it up good.. Most of the soca artistes live their lives in ways that is not fitting of a role model. Many are promiscuous.

You can't have women feelin up yuh totie while you perform on stage then expect to be employed to be a role model for the children.

stupppes.

Credits
    I've never cared much for Nyah George ever since I saw Invasion band perform in 2001 for Insomnia. I found his comments on stage to be very disrespectful towards women. I think that for him this issue is all about $$$ and exposure for soca artists when it should be about HIV/AIDS and how to spread the word among the youth. I'm glad to see that all the other artists are supportive of the Ministry of Health's decision to choose Rupee. If Nyah had any interest in becoming a spokesperson or role model to the youth on the issue of AIDS/HIV, he doesn't need the Ministry of Health to "appoint" him. He should be out there spreading the word to the youth and encouraging safe sex and abstinence.
    Last edited by Dougla Ting; 02-14-2003 at 11:31 AM.

Credits
    Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    I've never cared much for Nyah George ever since I saw Invasion band perform in 2001 for Insomnia. I found his comments on stage to be very disrespectful towards women. I think that for him this issue is all about $$$ and exposure for soca artists when it should be about HIV/AIDS and how to spread the word among the youth. I'm glad to see that all the other artists are supportive of the Ministry of Health's decision to choose Rupee. If Nyah had any interest in becoming a spokesperson or role model to the youth on the issue of AIDS/HIV, he doesn't need the Ministry of Health to "appoint" him. He should be out there spreading the word to the youth and encouraging safe sex and abstinence.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

Credits

Re: Naya George

Thanks for posting this article...Very interesting! Naya just hatin on Rupee cuz he gotz Barbados & Trini folks on lock...I recently read sometings on Square1's website and Allison Hinds is also very involved in the HIV/AIDS awareness....BIG UP TO ALL DE BAJAN POSSEE......NUFF RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY KEEP THE TUNES SWEETER & SWEETER EVERY YEAR!

Originally posted by sokah
    Full Article on HIV/Aids Awareness Ads in Trinidad

http://www.guardian.co.tt/featurestory2.html

Naya George: “We should be trying to make role models out of our local acts. We’re supposed to do these sort of things with our local acts. It is because he was given that excessive kind of media coverage which local acts should have been given. Anyone promoting something has an automatic picture of Rupee. He comes to everyone’s mind.”

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT PART OF NAYA GEORGE IS A ROLE MODEL WHEN HE WAS PERFORMING RAP EXPLICIT MUSIC AT THE START OF CARNIVAL SEASON?

HOW SELFISH CAN ONE PERSON BE TO INSIST THAT TRINIDAD SHOULD LOOK FOR LOCAL ROLE MODELS WHEN YOU HAVE A MAN WHOSE PARENTS BOTH DIED OF THE VIRUS. HE IS MORE CONCERN WITH THE PUBLICITY ASPECT THAN THE ACTUAL SPREADING THE KNOWLEDGE.

SOME PEOPLE SHOULD JUST SING THERE ONE HIT TUNE AND DONE.

OK I VENTED.

Credits

Naya

The man just dumb!
    His comments had no thought process behind them with his one hit wonder self, that he didn't even write!
    If you live your life a certain way, then when the opportunity arises , people will call on you to represent.
    Note to Naya...check yourself!
    It is not about Bajan vs Trini.....True there are locals who could do it, but why hate on Rupee?

Credits
    Now I may not care for Rupee all that much, but I do respect what he does in that aspect. Naya singin Move B**ch Get out The Way...yeah, big up Rupee, Alison, and I remember reading Edwin doing something for Preventor Condoms back in the summer. I think Sanfran asked some questions to Alison in regards to the subject also. Check the backchat/soca.

in de studio with meh dumaurier an sweet drink
    Credits
    i wonder how far we gonna let this go........

Brooklyn USA currently livin in boring ATL
    Credits
    Ok the song Trinidad was a great song, but Naya is no where next to a role model.. I cant stand to see he on stage performing rap and cussing, we dont want to see that crap.. Eh he need to stop talking that stupidness I tell you. I think rupee would more be right for that. Has anyone ever heard that song he sang for his mother.. It made me cry

Credits
    I think everyone is missing the point of what Naya George is trying to say. He is not saying that Rupee is bad because he is bajan. Naya's exact words were “We should be trying to make role models out of our local acts. We’re supposed to do these sorts of things with our local acts. He feels as though that a foreigner was chosen first over local acts that do have positive images that can be used to promote safe sex and there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes hearing something important from your own can carry more weight. Don't go condemning Naya as though he said “That Motherf##king Bajan was chosen over me”. He wants more local artists used for things like this. Allyuh have to hear what he is really saying.