Thread: My GT peoples'...

Credits

My GT peoples'...

any of you speak Dutch Creole? Or is pretty much a lost language.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    any of you speak Dutch Creole? Or is pretty much a lost language.
    back in the days when tings were better off wid GT and we used to travel to all our neighbours and islands, people used to go over to surinam and they in turn learned the dutch creole. They would never come back and teach it to anyone they just kept it amongst themselves.

Over the years as the dutch started doing things for themselves and didnt require our services anymore and ties between the two countries started to sever, it got lost.
    joie de vivre

carpe diem

I can tell you a story bout my dyck but
    it would be way too long

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cassette_craig View Post
    back in the days when tings were better off wid GT and we used to travel to all our neighbours and islands, people used to go over to surinam and they in turn learned the dutch creole. They would never come back and teach it to anyone they just kept it amongst themselves.

Over the years as the dutch started doing things for themselves and didnt require our services anymore and ties between the two countries started to sever, it got lost.

I read that it was spoken heavily in the Berbice River areas.

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    I read that it was spoken heavily in the Berbice River areas.
    yeah thats cause berbice is the closest part of Guyana to Suriname. I am sure a lot of dem old berbicians would still speak the language BUT it no longer is a big benefit to the people in other parts of the country suh its not widely pursued.
    joie de vivre

carpe diem

it would be way too long

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    Interesting before guyana atain there indepdence from england there was known as british guiana ,but way before english claim guyana as it's colony, it was a dutch colony . There where three guiana in south america still consider the west-indian family one former ruled by the british which today is called guyana ,and next one is called dutch guiana which was former ruled by the nertherlands called suriname, and french guiana which still ruled by the power of the france goverment as today not a indepdent nation !!!!!!
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    yeah my neighbors in bartica coulda pseak it well but i was a lil boy dem days deh...like CG said...not really anymore...

when i came here i met some gt folks who migrated to suriname then then came to the usa..they all spoke dutch..

oh well....

Credits
    It is claimed to not be inherently intelligible with Skepi or Rupununi. About 30% of the basic lexicon and most of the productive morphology is from Eastern Ijo in Nigeria; most of the rest of the lexicon is from Dutch, 10% loans from Arawak and Guyanese Creole English.
    UNESCO/JLU - Caribbean Indigenous and Endangered Languages, The University of West Indies at Mona

Credits
    joie de vivre

carpe diem

it would be way too long