Thread: My Bali shopping adventure

Credits

My Bali shopping adventure

Never thought I'd do it, but I did say, "Yeah mon, I'm from Jamaica" on my little outing over there for they asked, "where you from, where you staying, who you with." And given great Anti American sentiment coupled by the fact that the security advisor is a black woman I was like Caribbean, but no one knew where that was though they sure knew Bob Marley.

So, 1 US = 8600 RUPIAH. When you shop they say, $700,000 Rupiah, but I give you 40% discount and that's not last price. So then you must bargain. Well, I doan like bargain, but I tried only to find out I way overpaid. I think many of my reflections these days on labor and corporations etc. comes from seeing really how cheap production costs are and how poor workers who make most of what's sold in America really are.

Pics

If I posted this already forgive de I, is called advanced old age.

Credits
    Gyurl, I LOVE, LOVE Bali! Same ting happened to me when I was dere; they thought I was Jamaican...and yes, they love off on Bob Marley. But yuh know what? I did not enjoy dem dyam mangy stray dogs all ova de place! I was haggling wit dem right thru..got some really nice, inexpensive tings dere...and doh talk bout de food!!!

Credits
    pic of hills are rice terraces, pic of mountains is mt batur that erupted in 1999, the small fruit next to the passion fruit..devine, the flowered nail $2 manicure was gotten along with a $2 massage whilst resisting on the beach....dem woman pushy.

Credits
    Originally posted by sanfranjouvay
    pic of hills are rice terraces, pic of mountains is mt batur that erupted in 1999, the small fruit next to the passion fruit..devine, the flowered nail $2 manicure was gotten along with a $2 massage whilst resisting on the beach....dem woman pushy.
    de rice terraces pretty eh? I also stayed on dis resort island about 20 minutes (on a little boat) off Bali and dey didn't have no tv, no phones, and we had dinner on de beach! When yuh sit down tuh eat dey putting flashlights on de table because yuh cyar see nuttin..one night we hear someting in de bush...when we shine de light it was some wild pigs!! But dey was harmless. Anyway, yes de woman dem at de resort was rel pushy wit de massages...dey want tips! :p

Credits
    i spent only 2 nights and like one a half days. Was just going to chill on de beach and then i took one look at de sand and decided to go on a country tour. Can't really say i liked the place. Ah must say dat ah was real disgusted wid de filth and de flies....touched back in Singapore and was like cleanliness. Dis man walk out of an internet cafe, take a piss facing de road and then went back on the computer just so. I don't know when you went, but the place is like a ghost town and i heard it has been that way since the bomb.

Who tell me not to do good internet research? Think my taxi man overcharged me...but $50 US for 12 hrs, I really was not fussing. By the end of the day he was like, "Miss Maya, you sure can shop". Then i come back and meh tt friend say he might as well take me to de mall here cause i overpaid on everything.

TC
    Credits
    You know Bali is a place dat neva really attract me. I guess is because every 5 minutes somebody I know from Oz is always flying over there. I live in Oz I donīt want to be on holiday with a million other Aussies too.
    But i here Bali is very beutiful...thanx 4 sharing the pics.

Credits
    i spent only 2 nights and like one a half days. Was just going to chill on de beach and then i took one look at de sand and decided to go on a country tour. Can't really say i liked the place. Ah must say dat ah was real disgusted wid de filth and de flies....touched back in Singapore and was like cleanliness. Dis man walk out of an internet cafe, take a piss facing de road and then went back on the computer just so. I don't know when you went, but the place is like a ghost town and i heard it has been that way since the bomb.

Who tell me not to do good internet research? Think my taxi man overcharged me...but $50 US for 12 hrs, I really was not fussing. By the end of the day he was like, "Miss Maya, you sure can shop". Then i come back and meh tt friend say he might as well take me to de mall here cause i overpaid on everything.
    Eh-heh? I had a ball...I was dere pre-bomb, so maybe things were different. I chill at de Hard Rock cafe too..it was all lovely...I was dere for 4 days I think, I spent de majority of my time in Jakarta. I ent overspend on a ting..sometimes I was even feeling guilty for getting tings as cheaply as I did.

Credits
    see are you coming back here before Dec 10? Or Theresa? I decided i doan like travelling alone and want to see some more places before i leave.

Credits
    see are you coming back here before Dec 10? Or Theresa? I decided i doan like travelling alone and want to see some more places before i leave.
    Nah, I good..I don't know when Indonesia seeing me again...tings change man..like it get worse ova dere.