Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muslims and religious folks. Your thoughts please

Down di road, ova di gully, pass di big tree
    Credits

Muslims and religious folks. Your thoughts please

French leaders push for ban of Muslim dress in public places - washingtonpost.com

French women may face ban on head-to-toe Islamic dress - Times Online

I'm all for religious freedom and expression but here is why I agree with it. It's simple. No one forced muslim immigrants, or any other religious group, to move to western nations. When in rome do what the romans do, if you don't like it, leave.

The audacity to move to a foreign nation and refuse to assimilate, and even force your religion on the natives is something I don't agree with.
    Disclaimer:
    Many of you can't keep Jamaica outa yuh mouth. Its ok, we understand you can't help it. Envy is a helluva thing. But let it be known. If you've never been to mi yawd your comments about mi yawd shall hereby be stricken as nuttin but verbal defecation. Walk good.

Yes I am a superhero. Sarcasm is my superpower.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamrock_Boi25 View Post
    French leaders push for ban of Muslim dress in public places - washingtonpost.com

I'm all for religious freedom and expression but here is why I agree with it. It's simple. No one forced muslim immigrants, or any other religious group, to move to western nations. When in rome do what the romans do, if you don't like it, leave.

The audacity to move to a foreign nation and refuse to assimilate, and even force your religion on the natives is something I don't agree with.

ummmm... ummmm...

Gladiator
    I cant support this move by the French..cant preach democracy and equality but yet try and set laws that say otherwise

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamrock_Boi25 View Post

Not only that but a woman can get arrested for wearing "Western Dress" in certain Muslim countries....

Credits
    why don't they go tell jewish people how to dress...

a woman goodz i only for her and her husband to see...

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantastic - Nick View Post
    why don't they go tell jewish people how to dress...

a woman goodz i only for her and her husband to see...
    bossman yuh never cease to amaze me

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    bossman yuh never cease to amaze me
    what happen, you disagree with my statement..?

Credits
    I agree with this law if deh don't like it then don't impose it on the visitors to your nation.

Fuk it's about time some politians get some balls

Credits
    I believe in religious freedom and completely disagree with the ban. The decision whether to wear the burqa or niqab should lie with the individual. Nations such as France that purport to adhere to international humans rights laws/values should refrain from restrictions on religious practices or those practices highly intertwined with religion.

Firstly, a very small number of Muslim women conservatively veil in France. The number is less than 400 women in the entire country according to the study conducted by committee established by the French government. So there is far more up wrapped in the pending ban - ideas of nationalism, politics, religion, prejudice etc. France nationalism tends to be more limited that in many other places, even though it had no problem colonizing others. Religion among the French has largely been Catholic and often less public, so anything else may be perceived a non-French and its maintenance and expression as a rejection of national culture. The conservative veiling is also related to politics as well. To a certain extent, the niqab/burqa are a reminder of Algeria’s resistance against French colonial culture and Westernization in general.

It's amazing how its fine for a woman to be naked from head to toe in France but a problem when a woman covers herself from head to toe. Just a though. But ultimately, this can be perceived as a violation of religious, gender and cultural rights...which is unacceptable.
    Last edited by dollbabi; 01-22-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    Not only that but a woman can get arrested for wearing "Western Dress" in certain Muslim countries....
    There is a major difference. Western countries generally are supposed to be religiously neutral and uphold religious freedom. Muslim countries, obviously, are uphold Islamic values. In Gulf Cooperation Countries, for example, the Quran is incorporated in the Constitution. So one should know what to expect in each place to a certain extent.

What countries are you speaking of btw? Because Western dress is acceptable in many Islamic countries. You just cannot be exposed.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by swallow View Post
    I agree with this law if deh don't like it then don't impose it on the visitors to your nation.

Fuk it's about time some politians get some balls
    Then they need to change their laws about religious freedom and withdraw their support for international laws that uphold religious freedom. Those politicians just don't like seeing those people who they colonized holding on to practices they perceive as un-French. That's what happens when you run up in people country trying to force your customs on others and then they come to live in the former colonizing nation. At least these women aren't forcing their preference on anyone or doing anyone anything...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Then they need to change their laws about religious freedom and withdraw their support for international laws that uphold religious freedom. Those politicians just don't like seeing those people who they colonized holding on to practices they perceive as un-French. That's what happens when you run up in people country trying to force your customs on others and then they come to live in the former colonizing nation. At least these women aren't forcing their preference on anyone or doing anyone anything...
    No that's not the point.

They are coming to a country with their beliefs, if they think should bring their beliefs with them then they should not go to that country.
    If you and your people believe in crap then don't try to migrate that crap.
    Keep it there in your country. And when you need that external help from a country that differs then tek it anyway you get it.
    There is no in betweens.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by swallow View Post
    No that's not the point.

They are coming to a country with their beliefs, if they think should bring their beliefs with them then they should not go to that country.
    If you and your people believe in crap then don't try to migrate that crap.
    Keep it there in your country. And when you need that external help from a country that differs then tek it anyway you get it.
    There is no in betweens.
    That is exactly the point. French law upholds religious freedom. If France does not want to honor religious freedom for everyone, then remove those values. Saudi law (and the laws of numerous other Islamic nations) makes clear that the Quran is part of the Constitution and Islamic values are upheld. People can make themselves aware by looking at the law. So France needs to stop acting as though it adheres to ideas such as religious freedom and separation of church and state, if in fact that is not the case.

Minority religions, not just Islam, have been affected by France's lack of adherence to its own purported values. If some French politicians take issue with other religions, then ensure that France refrains from claiming to be a state that upholds the values mentioned above. It should make clear that French society is either Roman Catholic or agnostic/athiest and nothing else, just like Islamic countries make the adherence to Islamic values clear. Be straight about it.
    Last edited by dollbabi; 01-22-2010 at 01:44 AM.

Credits

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    I believe in religious freedom and completely disagree with the ban. The decision whether to wear the burqa or niqab should lie with the individual. Nations such as France that purport to adhere to international humans rights laws/values should refrain from restrictions on religious practices or those practices highly intertwined with religion.

Firstly, a very small number of Muslim women conservatively veil in France. The number is less than 400 women in the entire country according to the study conducted by committee established by the French government. So there is far more up wrapped in the pending ban - ideas of nationalism, politics, religion, prejudice etc. France nationalism tends to be more limited that in many other places, even though it had no problem colonizing others. Religion among the French has largely been Catholic and often less public, so anything else may be perceived a non-French and its maintenance and expression as a rejection of national culture. The conservative veiling is also related to politics as well. To a certain extent, the niqab/burqa are a reminder of Algeria’s resistance against French colonial culture and Westernization in general.

It's amazing how its fine for a woman to be naked from head to toe in France but a problem when a woman covers herself from head to toe. Just a though. But ultimately, this can be perceived as a violation of religious, gender and cultural rights...which is unacceptable.
    Not bad at all love; I feel your passion but there are some errors in here
    (even after you edited) that had me wondering if you were drinking.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakobengo View Post
    Not bad at all love; I feel your passion but there are some errors in here
    (even after you edited) that had me wondering if you were drinking.

I think she about to become a lawyer, leave her alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast