Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Muslim faith allows a responsible man to have up to 4 wives but not the reverse?

Credits

Question The Muslim faith allows a responsible man to have up to 4 wives but not the reverse?

The Muslim faith allows a responsible man to have up to 4 wives but the reverse of allowing a woman to have up to 4 husbands is not allowed.

Can anyone here on Imix explain the logical reason why?

The answer is quite logical but I want to see if folks here can think of the logic behind this rule in the Muslim faith.

I was listening to a discussion about the Muslin faith on the radio this evening and the Imam explained the logic of why it is not allowed in reverse for what some folks may view as lack of equality in the Muslim faith.

I will give the explanation in a while if none of you here can explain the logic behind what might first seem to be a gross inequality towards women within the Muslim faith.

PS: I am not a Muslim or thinking of becoming a Muslim but just trying to better understand the logic of different popular religious faiths that people follow around the world.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    I also found out recently while trying to find out more about the Hindu faith that they are not only idol-worshippers with many Gods and one of their main Gods called Brahma has White European complexion and features but they also believe that the Devil or Rahu is Black.

I don't know how much more White supremacy and Black inferiority you can get within the context of a religion than this popular version of the Hindu faith and it explains a lot.

Hence knowledgeable conscious Africans will never allow Hindus to politically rule over them unless they are happy to be discriminated against and be kept/pushed at the bottom economically in their own country.

Also note that T&T officially has a leader/PM that practices the Hindu faith which is a faith that justifies the caste system and seems to justify discrimination against Blacks/Africans within the religion.
    On top of that the T&T PM was even sworn in as the PM not on swearing on the Bible but on swearing on the Hindu holy book, the Bhagavad Gita.

Interesting stuff and it explains to me why Africans in T&T are now being discriminated against in most areas by the current Hindu led government. In fact many folks in T&T now believe that Satnarayan Maharaj, the Secretary General and leader of the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (the major Hindu organisation in T&T) is really the one running T&T's government rather than PM Kamla Persad-Bissessar who is more of a figure head taking and carrying out Sat's instructions.

The Catholic faith is the still the most popular religion in T&T followed by the Hindu faith lead by Sat Maharaj.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Simple Answer:

Three Bo Rat cyah live in one hole. no pun intended LOL
    Socapro likes this.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    The Muslim faith allows a responsible man to have up to 4 wives but the reverse of allowing a woman to have up to 4 husbands is not allowed.

The answer is quite logical but I want to see if folks here can think of the logic behind this rule in the Muslim faith.

I was listening to a discussion about the Muslin faith on the radio this evening and the Imam explained the logic of why it is not allowed in reverse for what some folks may view as lack of equality in the Muslim faith.

I will give the explanation in a while if none of you here can explain the logic behind what might first seem to be a gross inequality towards women within the Muslim faith.

PS: I am not a Muslim or thinking of becoming a Muslim but just trying to better understand the logic of different popular religious faiths that people follow around the world.

Because the Religion was founded in a Tribal Society or a Nation State/tribal hybrid. In Anthropological thinking, there are different ways people go about organizing the workload. Generally, in the earliest forms of civilization (people settling) women and children perform most of the work and men play sports and protect. You could look at it one way or the other. Either a man has a right to as many women as he can afford (as Achebe's Things Fall Apart) or he needs an optimal number of women to subside (as in the Yanomani people of South America). Conveniently, their gods also tell them to live exactly as is most efficient for them.

The opposite can be found in very extreme places (polyandry, one woman many husbands) but generally humans have followed the primate model of polygamy. These days its starting to seem to many people that polyamory (like bonobos have) can work as a model for a family, partially because in the last hundred years or so, workloads (and thus, percieved importance of one sex or the other) have evened out a bit.
    mz_JazE likes this.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    I also found out recently while trying to find out more about the Hindu faith that they are not only idol-worshippers with many Gods and one of their main Gods called Brahma has White European complexion and features but they also believe that the Devil or Rahu is Black.

I don't know how much more White supremacy and Black inferiority you can get within the context of a religion than this popular version of the Hindu faith and it explains a lot.

Hence knowledgeable conscious Africans will never allow Hindus to politically rule over them unless they are happy to be discriminated against and be kept/pushed at the bottom economically in their own country.

Also note that T&T officially has a leader/PM that practices the Hindu faith which is a faith that justifies the caste system and seems to justify discrimination against Blacks/Africans within the religion.
    On top of that the T&T PM was even sworn in as the PM not on swearing on the Bible but on swearing on the Hindu holy book, the Bhagavad Gita.

Interesting stuff and it explains to me why Africans in T&T are now being discriminated against in most areas by the current Hindu led government. In fact many folks in T&T now believe that Satnarayan Maharaj, the Secretary General and leader of the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (the major Hindu organisation in T&T) is really the one running T&T's government rather than PM Kamla Persad-Bissessar who is more of a figure head taking and carrying out Sat's instructions.

The Catholic faith is the still the most popular religion in T&T followed by the Hindu faith lead by Sat Maharaj.

I would add though that most gods have many different forms. An because fair skinned people (Muslims from the North and aryans from the Greek invasion and so on) have bee in power in India for so long that it's more of an internal control mechanism. The effect is the same. The Tamil and the African is inferior and belongs beneath the Punjabi.

A similar thing is when the bible (compiled in a debate happening 500 years after christ) said that Jesus said "it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom" In other words it's "you just be poor now and starve a little bit while i keep this money and you can go to heaven when we're dead. I'll go to hell for you!"

most religions have some "stay in your place" parable
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

DSP
    Credits

It's mathematical, one man can go into 4 women, but one woman can not go into 4 men
    LIONESS onda RISE likes this.
    Unfortunately, stupidity and ignorance can be entertaining.

Goodle this you 50 year old crusty vagina

--oh yes jigger boozers ever lasting wahr with the "lovers of empresses and hafrican queens" should be ashamed ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

--I like disrespect especially ones that dont involve cursing and nugga nugga nugga watch subject matter ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

Credits

In Africa, how many wives can a man have ? It's simply mommy's baby and daddy's maybe . Anyway, most Muslims men only have one wife, because the cannot afford another and the first wife must give her approval.
    mz_JazE likes this.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    Sexism.

Credits
    its down to the environment, and laws of ownership of property.
    in a abundance of resources it is ok to have many children.
    when resources are restricted the opposite is true.
    there are societies around the world, desert tribes, tribes in tibet, where you can find examples of this. the abrahamic faiths florished in areas of near rivers, and had stable agircultural practices to allow one man taking many women, especially as there were clear ownership rules over resources.

the same thing applies today. the reason why will women will breed for wukkless men is because society provides a safety net, which provides the resources for them.
    Socapro and mz_JazE like this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    In Africa, how many wives can a man have ? It's simply mommy's baby and daddy's maybe . Anyway, most Muslims men only have one wife, because the cannot afford another and the first wife must give her approval.
    It should be noted though, that many if not most women are usually annoying their husbands to find another wife so the workload for them decreases.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bktrini305 View Post
    It should be noted though, that many if not most women are usually annoying their husbands to find another wife so the workload for them decreases.
    that's if the man is poor.
    more often it comes down to new pumm pumm/ fresh womb

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bktrini305 View Post
    In most Muslim countries, the wife will nag for a maid and servants not a second wife to do the house work.
    LIONESS onda RISE and mz_JazE like this.

Credits
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...-polygamy.html

Khan talks about meeting one such career woman: “She was a gobby Northerner who had quite a senior job at the Home Office. She recently got divorced and said, ‘I don’t have time to have a bloke around all the time. I just want to see him maybe twice a week, so it works perfectly if he’s got another wife who can take care of all his cooking and cleaning.’”
    In 2010, London Mayor Boris Johnson’s then 45-year-old ex-wife Allegra Mostyn-Owen married a Muslim man in secret. In an article for the Evening Standard she explained her approach to polygamy: “I realise that I am unlikely to conceive children [at my age] so we agreed that, so long as he chooses a good partner, then I am happy to live together in an extended family.”
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    LOL!! maybe Khan's first husband divorced her after she suggested he get a second wife to cook and clean.
    bktrini305 likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    LOL!! maybe Khan's first husband divorced her after she suggested he get a second wife to cook and clean.
    khan said "nah that's too much pum pum" lmao
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast