Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mother and teen daughter attacked by four masked men -during CURFEW

where is the greatest CARNIVAL?..well then yuh find meh!
    Credits

Thumbs down UPDATED: suspects held: Mother and teen daughter attacked by four masked men

TRINIDAD EXPRESS

CURFEW RAPE
    Mother and teen daughter attacked by four masked men while asleep in Longdenville
    By Susan Mohammed susan.mohammed@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Sep 23, 2011 at 12:48 AM ECT
    CURFEW RAPE | Trinidad Express Newspaper | News

The curfew in the crime hot spot of Longdenville, Chaguanas, failed to stop an attack on a family whose house was broken into by four men who raped a mother and daughter.

The suspects escaped in the family's Toyota Corolla car, and were last night still on the run, despite the heightened law enforcement presence during the State of Emergency crime crackdown.

An All-Points Bulletin (APB) for the stolen vehicle had yielded no result up to late yesterday.

The family patriarch who did not want to be named told the Express yesterday: "Police responded quickly and the officers who came here were very professional. They took my wife and daughter to Mt Hope (Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex). What I was really displeased with was the lack of coordination overall in the exercise. I felt that if air operations as in the helicopter had joined in the search they would definitely have found those guys at least by the time they were abandoning the vehicle."

The attack comes on the heels of a warning from the Police Service public relations officer, ASP Joanne Archie, that women should be vigilant as there were two reports of rape in the last two weeks.

A senior policeman told Express that the 49-year-old woman was distraught following the attack yesterday morning, and her teenage daughter was being treated for injuries at the Mount Hope Medical Sciences Complex.

The mother was also treated at hospital and discharged.

The woman told police she secured her house on Tuesday night and she and her daughter, 17, went to sleep in separate bedrooms. Her two sons who were in the upstairs part of the house were also beaten, police said. Her husband was not at home.

Around 2.30 a.m yesterday, the woman awoke to find four masked men in her bedroom. Police investigations revealed the men unlocked a window on the side of house and entered.

The men ordered the woman to hand over her cash and jewelry.

They then raped the woman and her daughter in separate bedrooms, police said.

With the loot, the men left in the car valued at $50,000.

The woman contacted the Chaguanas police and Sgt Joseph, Cpl Nelson and PC Mohan visited the scene.

Around the time of the attack police exercises were being carried out in the Southern, Central and Northern Divisions by the Chaguanas CID and by the Cyber Crime Unit between 9.30 p.m. Tuesday and 3 a.m on Wednesday.

Another roadblock exercise in the Chaguanas district between 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday yielded the arrest of 21 persons—17 for driving without a seatbelt and four for driving using a mobile device.

The curfew restricts movement in crime hot spots between 11 p.m and 4 a.m.

Chaguanas Mayor Orlando Nagessar yesterday condemned the attack, and described it as "shocking".

Nagessar noted that even with the curfew restrictions between 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. there were several killings and robberies in the Central district.

"It is rather unfortunate. They said they have no leads but investigations are ongoing. They promised from today to beef up patrols in Longdenville, Enterprise and Edinburgh 500 areas, especially during the curfew time.

"They (police) agreed that joint army and police patrols should increase in the hot spots. There seems to be some migration of criminals into Central and we are calling for more rigid patrols during and after curfew hours," he said.

Nagessar said the attack was a talking point during a meeting with the police yesterday, where he stressed the need for more joint patrols during curfew hours.

"When it (the curfew) was nine to five (9 p.m to 5 a.m) it had more effect in Chaguanas. By half past eight the streets were cleared. But now, sometimes half past ten or nearly 11 we see people roaming the streets. The extended time leaves people more time to remain at the clubs and on the streets," he said.

—with reporting by Kim Boodram
    Last edited by saucytrini; 09-25-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    ****If you're over 10 And watch CNN and believe everything
    You're in 2 deep, And your 35 And you still survive, idle pon corner side
    You're in 2 deep (Damian Marley -In 2 Deep)****
    "pitch yuh k.u..nt" (taken from VincyShenny)

Credits
    then do like johnny and keep walking .........
    since when a story on the assault and rape of someone has to be 'interesting'?? what you were looking for a blow by blow account of exactly what they did to make it interesting? steups......ass...

Credits
    Skilzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Credits
    Who delete my post?

So much for free speech...Stupid niggers.

Credits
    I read that, dais madness!!! I don't know what else to say about them criminals in Trinidad nah. It had to be someone who knew the husband/father wouldn't be home, smh...i hope they catch these monsters.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilz™ View Post
    Who delete my post?

So much for free speech...Stupid niggers.
    lol i fraid to know what u posted lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    I read that, dais madness!!! I don't know what else to say about them criminals in Trinidad nah. It had to be someone who knew the husband/father wouldn't be home, smh...i hope they catch these monsters.

The father is a macomere man why didnt he identify himself to the media?This story has more to it.

sharkie

The father is a macomere man why didnt he identify himself to the media?This story has more to it.
    Typically rape victims are not revealed, if we know that the wife and daughter were raped and he said his name, wouldn't be easy to put two and two together?

Credits

No one was identified in the article and that's how it has always been back home with reporting certain stories. I agree the story has more to it, it has to be someone who know the father wouldn't be home. But calling the man a maccomere man is juvenile and ignorant. You my boy, but yuh talking shit.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    Typically rape victims are not revealed, if we know that the wife and daughter were raped and he said his name, wouldn't be easy to put two and two together?
    Common sense would tell him that. Steupes. Doh mind ah sure the area where they live everyone knows what took place and who it happen to, cuz trinis maccocious like that.

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    No one was identified in the article and that's how it has always been back home with reporting certain stories. I agree the story has more to it, it has to be someone who know the father wouldn't be home. But calling the man a maccomere man is juvenile and ignorant. You my boy, but yuh talking shit.
    He is a troll, plain and simple.

Credits
    wasnt ian allyene in dem home on yesterday episode of crime watch?

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitaine View Post
    not interesting
    yuh is a serious c.unt
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    this is a sad sad situation....

and what skilz said was awful......whoever delete it thanks......

Did Ian Alleyne reveal the people identity?

lawd...one can only imagine the emotions and psychological damage...not to mention the many issue that would face them as a family

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    I feel so sorry for them. Lawd. That father probably feels like he never wants to leave them again.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast