Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Beautiful Neighborhoods in NYC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    someone post up them houses in Canarsie in the east 100s... those houses are fukkin huge
    To be honest, their not that big especially "interior", but the construction is beautiful. Especially from L/Seaview.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soca cowboy View Post
    I live about 15 miles outside of Philadelphia now. Philadelphia has redeeming qualities and it was where I was born so I call it home, but wouldn't move back to the city with the issues the city is having now (and in some cases has always had). Have also lived in George Town, Grand Cayman, Atlanta, GA, Brooklyn, NY, Queens, NY, Manhattan, Charlotte, NC, Dallas TX.

To anyone who wants to live in NYC or really any big city, there's only one question you should ask yourself: "Do you really want to spend most of your free time waiting for mass transit?"
    I live in the suburbs. I know what it is like to have a big backyard with a nice lawn. I know what it's like to have a car to commute to work and back. I can tell you that it's not what people make it out to be. Suburbia is not all nice.

I rather live in a region where I don't have to drive to work and back. I think rapid transit is the way to go.

I hate driving.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    I live in the suburbs. I know what it is like to have a big backyard with a nice lawn. I know what it's like to have a car to commute to work and back. I can tell you that it's not what people make it out to be. Suburbia is not all nice.

I rather live in a region where I don't have to drive to work and back. I think rapid transit is the way to go.

I hate driving.
    i am with you, i rather waiting on mass transit than getting caught in traffic
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    i am with you, i rather waiting on mass transit than getting caught in traffic
    It's also safer.

Credits
    during the summer of 2007...I think it was July or August, NYC got about 5-6 inches of rain overnight...I walked from my apt at 151 2nd Ave between 9th and 10th in the EV out to Broadway & E 8th St to take the R up to Herald Sq...just a few stops north...as I started to go down the stairs, I noticed a waterfall rolling down the steps as the whole stop was flooded...taxis were impossible to come by as no one wanted to take the MTA that day...so I waded thru the water, down the steps, thru the turnstile, in about 90 degree heat, and waited for the R train for about 30 minutes. For one reason or another, a "2 Train" showed up and everyone at the stop (all sweaty and smelling like sh*t) jammed into an already crowded train that made no other stops except Herald Sq and I think they said Times Sq would be the next one...a friend of mine lived down in the Financial District and he was headed to Herald Sq as the same time as me and he said F it and walked from the World Trade Center to Herald Sq because there were zero trains running and it was impossible to get a taxi...I think he said it took him a few hours

public transportation, especially in NYC is a suitable way of getting around, but since NYC is island/peninsula...it floods if it gets 4+ inches of rain...to me, I see no value in it...when I left NYC I think the 30-day pass was $77...what is it now like $100+...for more crowded trains and less service? When I lived in Astoria, Queens...I only had the V until 8pm on weekdays (nothing on weekends) and the R only until midnight...and the G train...the ghost train...SMH)
    When nothing is owed or deserved or expected
    And your life doesn’t change by the man that’s elected
    If you’re loved by someone, you’re never rejected
    Decide what to be and go be it

Credits
    i been in alot of brownstones here in brooklyn...... up to date and older ones..
    but park slope is the best looking neighborhood....

on montgomory ave got some of the biggest homes in brooklyn

Kakez868
    I Always Thought Fort Greene Was Coming Up On Park Slope..But Ingresoll..Cho

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soca cowboy View Post
    during the summer of 2007...I think it was July or August, NYC got about 5-6 inches of rain overnight...I walked from my apt at 151 2nd Ave between 9th and 10th in the EV out to Broadway & E 8th St to take the R up to Herald Sq...just a few stops north...as I started to go down the stairs, I noticed a waterfall rolling down the steps as the whole stop was flooded...taxis were impossible to come by as no one wanted to take the MTA that day...so I waded thru the water, down the steps, thru the turnstile, in about 90 degree heat, and waited for the R train for about 30 minutes. For one reason or another, a "2 Train" showed up and everyone at the stop (all sweaty and smelling like sh*t) jammed into an already crowded train that made no other stops except Herald Sq and I think they said Times Sq would be the next one...a friend of mine lived down in the Financial District and he was headed to Herald Sq as the same time as me and he said F it and walked from the World Trade Center to Herald Sq because there were zero trains running and it was impossible to get a taxi...I think he said it took him a few hours

public transportation, especially in NYC is a suitable way of getting around, but since NYC is island/peninsula...it floods if it gets 4+ inches of rain...to me, I see no value in it...when I left NYC I think the 30-day pass was $77...what is it now like $100+...for more crowded trains and less service? When I lived in Astoria, Queens...I only had the V until 8pm on weekdays (nothing on weekends) and the R only until midnight...and the G train...the ghost train...SMH)

Uhmmmm...a Car is another option.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Brownsville is the most beautiful nyc neighborhood

Credits
    brownstone wise i dont think anywhere tops brooklyn heights in brooklyn. park slope is ok but dem fockers is poor people compared to brooklyn heights

Down di road, ova di gully, pass di big tree
    Credits
    Gotta admit BK does have some nice neighborhoods. Brooklyn Heights is one place I'd love to have a condo or studio. If I were a millionare. In the summer I usually go by Heights Cafe on the corner of Hicks and Montague, then go strolling down the promenade watching the sunset. Very nice place to be.
    Disclaimer:
    Many of you can't keep Jamaica outa yuh mouth. Its ok, we understand you can't help it. Envy is a helluva thing. But let it be known. If you've never been to mi yawd your comments about mi yawd shall hereby be stricken as nuttin but verbal defecation. Walk good.

Yes I am a superhero. Sarcasm is my superpower.

Credits
    JAMAICA ESTATES

addisleigh park, St. Albans

STATUS UPDATE: (6/11/11)
    Nigerians are great people

Credits

Thumbs up

Man...good topic!

Toss up between : Jamaica Estates and Mill Basin in Brooklyn ! ...and I have to throw in where I have my mansion in BK : Remsen Village .

I give the edge to Mill Basin, more modern , Glass houses.....but JAmaica Estate have that perfect look...the nice lawn, space.....real nice house .

Mill Basin :

Credits
    wow, is that yours?

If so, what do you do?

Credits

Thumbs up

Mill Basin BK

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast