Thread: Money management...

Credits

Money management...

Its funny how you can have two people one making like 40k and the other making 80k and the one making 40k have more money saved up and probably living a "less stressed" lifestyle when compared to the one making 80k..

How good is your money management skills?! Tell me your stories... : PJK

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason kiDD View Post
    Its funny how you can have two people one making like 40k and the other making 80k and the one making 40k have more money saved up and probably living a "less stressed" lifestyle when compared to the one making 80k..

What U HAVE STATED has MERIT.

I have SEEN it with my OWN EYES.

Credits
    My first rule is to live within my means.

I do not view possessions as an indication of success.

I regard a vehicle as being transportation, not an extension of
    my persona. I am quite content to have a 10 year old Subaru that
    runs fine and is well maintained.

I only use credit cards for convenience, for the protection that credit
    cards purchases offer and the frequent flier miles that I accumulate.
    When the bill comes I pay it in full.

I will make my last mortgage payment in 2009.
    Think For Yourself

CQ
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlocks View Post
    My first rule is to live within my means.

I do not view possessions as an indication of success.

I regard a vehicle as being transportation, not an extension of
    my persona. I am quite content to have a 10 year old Subaru that
    runs fine and is well maintained.

I only use credit cards for convenience, for the protection that credit
    cards purchases offer and the frequant flier miles that I accumulate.
    When the bill comes I pay it in full.

I will make my last mortgage payment in 2009.
    my motto as well...

we both make good money but he does a better job managing the bills etc.

Credits
    Up til 3 months ago I didn't have a credit card. Now I have one which I use for mileage and pay off the bill immediately after using it. In this dreadful economy, I save up a lot more than I spend...just in case of layoffs so that I can have 6 months of mortgage.

I manage my money decently regarding savings and my 401k, but have not saved enough imo...I didn't get the financial advisor yet, but soon this year after I have enough saved, I will get someone at ameriprise to handle my investments and inform me of stock options etc.

Hadha min fadhle Rabbi Juancito Trucupey's Avatar Juancito Trucupey is offline
    Credits
    I think I do okay for a college student...All my bills are paid on time and in full..I messed up w/ two credit cards at one point but I am getting those together now. All the extra/ unexpected money I get i split it and give myself half and then split the other half between the two cards and pay on the bills..
    Beija-flor minha escola,Minha vida, meu amor

Credits
    Big up to all the broke people in the thread. Now I want to hear from people like Vincy Powa that making real dollars.. Do you find that with the more you have the harder it is to manage?! :

Credits
    I'm mainly in charge of the bills, well assigning what gets paid when. I do most of the grocery shopping because he mainly buys name brand/ off the list. We cook, and only eat out a few times a month. He brings in the most for right now since I'm pt these days.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason kiDD View Post

What you've stated is common..... Some people look at extra money as an excuse to spend more. If you live comfortably making 40k, there is no need to increase your spending if you get a raise. That is the mistake a lot of people make.

Also students coming out of college want to buy a new car as soon as they get their first job. This is not necessary. For instance I have an 03 saturn ion. I'm not changing cars .... as long as the car runs well I don't see the point. I don't shop often and I don't party often. I want to keep my bills at a minimum.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    What you've stated is common..... Some people look at extra money as an excuse to spend more. If you live comfortably making 40k, there is no need to increase your spending if you get a raise. That is the mistake a lot of people make.

Also students coming out of college want to buy a new car as soon as they get their first job. This is not necessary. For instance I have an 03 saturn ion. I'm not changing cars .... as long as the car runs well I don't see the point. I don't shop often and I don't party often. I want to keep my bills at a minimum.
    Such nice cars, a shame they're closing down shop. But yes, mo' money= mo' problems.

Credits
    Main thing is to pay yourself first. That doesn't mean to take that money you paying yourself with and go shopping.....you just have to put it aside.

In my relationship I'm the one that's good at money management and organization and things like that. We both like good food and fancy things.....and we definitely treat ourselves! However, one is with money at the end and the other is without.

I may not be rich but I have the skills to get to that level....and that's what counts.

If you're paying yourself first and have great organizational skills and you know what your budgets are and what bills need to be paid when, then you should be fine.
    "If they were appreciated for their personality in the first place, she would not have been told to get extensions or weave when she started out as a reporter. This whole thing would not have been an issue to begin with if these women were appreciated for what was in their heads and on on top it." - Hello BKLYN

Credits
    Also, having different bank accounts for different purposes, and setting up automatic payments and transfers helps out alot!
    "If they were appreciated for their personality in the first place, she would not have been told to get extensions or weave when she started out as a reporter. This whole thing would not have been an issue to begin with if these women were appreciated for what was in their heads and on on top it." - Hello BKLYN

Gladiator
    My money management right now is not bad but getting worse