Thread: Moderators....

Credits

Moderators....

I am curious...how many moderators does it take to moderate a site/forum

Some sites seem to have tooo little and others seem to have tooo much....What's your take on the question??

Dragon
    It takes one person to screw in ah light bulb . hope that answer your question

Credits
    Yuh on kicks..How de a$$ that answer the question....

Originally posted by Pastor Dragon
    It takes one person to screw in ah light bulb . hope that answer your question

amprincess

Re: Moderators....

Originally posted by trinisunshine

Some sites seem to have tooo little and others seem to have tooo much....What's your take on the question??

Credits

Re: Re: Moderators....

am..yuh doh feel so??? I am jus asking..Cuz..I curious...

Originally posted by amprincess

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Moderators....

i guess dem moderators are clueless....:)
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

Credits

Re: Moderators....

I was thinking the same thing. I would say 2 or 3. If there are more, fine but then I think they should be designated to different forums.

Credits

Re: Re: Moderators....

ent....They could use the formula we use at work to determine staff needed...for every 150-200 customers designate a support person....

Originally posted by De Blessed 1
    I was thinking the same thing. I would say 2 or 3. If there are more, fine but then I think they should be designated to different forums.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: Moderators....

yuh think

Originally posted by Kamasutra
    i guess dem moderators are clueless....:)

amprincess

Re: Re: Re: Moderators....

too many cooks spoil the pot!

Credits
    Trinisunshine to answer your question, I think the more moderators the better...like check and balances...when you have 2 or 3 moderators one of them is sure to get swell headed and think they have too much power..... This 'power' will only lead to negative behavior on the site.

With a few the work would be distributed evenly and everyone has 1 particular task...that way the site does not consume their life like other moderators who have a million and one jobs to complete. Also more moderators give you more suggestions and opinions, instead of having the same stale viewpoints of how things should be done.

Credits
    Originally posted by Trini Prinzez
    Trinisunshine to answer your question, I think the more moderators the better...like check and balances...when you have 2 or 3 moderators one of them is sure to get swell headed and think they have too much power..... This 'power' will only lead to negative behavior on the site.

With a few the work would be distributed evenly and everyone has 1 particular task...that way the site does not consume their life like other moderators who have a million and one jobs to complete. Also more moderators give you more suggestions and opinions, instead of having the same stale viewpoints of how things should be done.

THATS AH GOOD POINT PRINZEZ...ITS TRUE
    Woman is BOSS and MAN is HORSE

Credits
    Prinzez:

You raise some very good points..And thank you for the clarification. I can definitely understand checks and balances and distribution of work.

Here is my other take on it...You can definitely take insight and distribute work amongst people without having them listed as moderators or atleast not within the same area.

Here is an example:

There is a site that has 3 forums (an under-exaggeration):
    Forum 1 - The most popular and most visited - captures about 1200 views per day and has 80 active participants.

Forum 2 - Average amount of views and visits. Let's say 500 views and about 40 active particpants.

Forum 3 - Low amount of views and visits. Let's say 100 views and 10 active particpants.

I would think the moderators should be broken down such as this:

Forum 1 - 3 moderators. This will allow the appropriate checks and balances and share the workload since it is the most popular.

Forum 2 - 2 moderators.

Forum 1 - 1 moderator.

This would give the site a maximum of 5 moderators or a minimum of 3 (if you want to share positions). You then have the opinions and feedback of all the people AND properly organize the site. This would help you accomplish all the goals that you have mentioned.

i think if you start to have too many, you may get bogged down with opinions making it very difficult to come to final conclusions on issues...

A bit longwinded...but wanted to address your points..

Originally posted by Trini Prinzez

Credits
    I understand that but at the same token, moderators do more than just read forums, there is alot more to deal with like the Gallery, the ads, and the daily operation of the site. Like I said each moderator as a task or specific duty. Of course, insight is taken from everywhere....ESPECIALLY THE MEMBERS!! But you can't have everyone running to the executive board with all their concerns can we??

Prinzez:

You raise some very good points..And thank you for the clarification. I can definitely understand checks and balances and distribution of work.

Here is my other take on it...You can definitely take insight and distribute work amongst people without having them listed as moderators or atleast not within the same area.

Here is an example:

There is a site that has 3 forums (an under-exaggeration):
    Forum 1 - The most popular and most visited - captures about 1200 views per day and has 80 active participants.

Forum 2 - Average amount of views and visits. Let's say 500 views and about 40 active particpants.

Forum 3 - Low amount of views and visits. Let's say 100 views and 10 active particpants.

I would think the moderators should be broken down such as this:

Forum 1 - 3 moderators. This will allow the appropriate checks and balances and share the workload since it is the most popular.

Forum 2 - 2 moderators.

Forum 1 - 1 moderator.

This would give the site a maximum of 5 moderators or a minimum of 3 (if you want to share positions). You then have the opinions and feedback of all the people AND properly organize the site. This would help you accomplish all the goals that you have mentioned.

i think if you start to have too many, you may get bogged down with opinions making it very difficult to come to final conclusions on issues...

A bit longwinded...but wanted to address your points..