Thread: Missing 21-year-old Che Beckford Pembroke Pines man

Credits

Missing 21-year-old Che Beckford Pembroke Pines man

WSVN-TV - Vigil held for missing college student

LAUDERHILL, Fla. (WSVN) -- Family and friends gathered for a vigil for a South Florida college student, who disappeared nearly a week ago.

No one has seen or heard from 21-year-old Che Beckford Pembroke Pines man since Friday morning. According to Che's mother, Charmaine Beckford, Che was on his way to a Davie auto shop to replace the tires on her car, but he never made it.

On Wednesday night, Che's loved ones and members of the community gathered to sing songs and pray for Che's safe return home and to bring awareness to this missing persons case. "I can't manage this," Charmaine cried. "Che is good. He has a great heart. He's always running to people's aid if they need it."

Che's father, John Beckford, is very influential in the city of Lauderhill. He serves as chief of staff for Broward County Commissioner Dale Holness. "We're trying to hold onto faith," he said.

According to John, he found a cross while he was on his way to work on Monday. "Of all the signs to get, this cross," he said. "This tells me my son's alive. He is, and he's going to come home."

The Nova Southeastern University student's family and friends from South Florida, Jamaica and elsewhere are concerned about the trouble Che may be facing, but they also hope that Che will come back home soon. Charmaine said, "It's unfortunate that it takes something as terrible as this to show you how people really still care in the world."

Che was last seen driving a silver-gray 2009 Nissan Sentra with a Florida license plate of W827DG. Although Che left behind both his wallet and cell phone, he did have some form of identification with him at the time of his disappearance.

Police said there are no signs of foul play.

If you have any information on this missing person, call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

(Copyright 2010 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Credits
    I live in Pembroke Pines and this is the first time I'm hearing about this. Here's hoping things turn out for the best.
    The smell of reality still burns my nose...Not content until it smells like a rose.

El que lo siente, lo sabe

Credits
    Sigh...Saw the vigil last night on the news...

I hope this works out better than the previous ones.
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzePenze View Post
    Sigh...Saw the vigil last night on the news...

I hope this works out better than the previous ones.
    Was at the vigil last night and its tough...these things happen too often but when it happens to a family you know its a bitter pill to swallow.

Hoping for the best tho but as the days goes by its not looking too good.