Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Rodriguez Chooses Jail Over Community Service for DUI

Dragon

Michelle Rodriguez Chooses Jail Over Community Service for DUI

Tuesday , April 25, 2006

HONOLULU — "Lost" actress Michelle Rodriguez pleaded guilty on Tuesday to a single count of driving under the influence, choosing to pay a $500 fine and spend five days in jail rather than do 240 hours of community service.

Rodriguez, who portrays police officer Ana Lucia, and cast member Cynthia Watros were both charged with drunken driving after they were pulled over Dec. 1 in separate cars within 15 minutes of each other.

On Tuesday, a judge gave Rodriguez the option of jail time or community service.

She was to surrender to authorities at Kaneohe District Court later in the day.

Watros, who plays Libby on the ABC castaway drama, pleaded guilty to drunken driving in January and was fined $312, ordered to undergo an alcohol assessment and 14 hours of counseling. She also had her license suspended for 90 days.

Both Rodriguez and Watros were spotted weaving on a road in Kailua, on the island of Oahu, where "Lost" is filmed. Both failed field sobriety tests.

Rodriguez recorded a blood-alcohol level of 0.17, more than twice the legal limit of .08. Watros had a blood-alcohol level of 0.10.

In 2004, Rodriguez pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to three traffic violations, including drunken driving. She completed a three-month alcohol program and is serving a three-year probation term.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon
    Tuesday , April 25, 2006

HONOLULU — "Lost" actress Michelle Rodriguez pleaded guilty on Tuesday to a single count of driving under the influence, choosing to pay a $500 fine and spend five days in jail rather than do 240 hours of community service.

Rodriguez, who portrays police officer Ana Lucia, and cast member Cynthia Watros were both charged with drunken driving after they were pulled over Dec. 1 in separate cars within 15 minutes of each other.

On Tuesday, a judge gave Rodriguez the option of jail time or community service.

She was to surrender to authorities at Kaneohe District Court later in the day.

Watros, who plays Libby on the ABC castaway drama, pleaded guilty to drunken driving in January and was fined $312, ordered to undergo an alcohol assessment and 14 hours of counseling. She also had her license suspended for 90 days.

Both Rodriguez and Watros were spotted weaving on a road in Kailua, on the island of Oahu, where "Lost" is filmed. Both failed field sobriety tests.

Rodriguez recorded a blood-alcohol level of 0.17, more than twice the legal limit of .08. Watros had a blood-alcohol level of 0.10.

In 2004, Rodriguez pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to three traffic violations, including drunken driving. She completed a three-month alcohol program and is serving a three-year probation term.
    she obviously spend all her time not taping she seem like a friggin ......they got the money, why not take a cab...that's just putting ppls lives in danger....

it's senseless....the hawaiians should show her some good hospitality in there..

Credits
    She's straight gansta. why you didn't post her mugshot? She got that I'm going to knock you out look. I wonder whose going to be her woman in jail, because if she can beat up her "roommate" real bad she's not taking any mess with those girls there...

Credits
    I hope she get more than she bargain for dem 5 days she in jail. Why would anyone choose jail over community service although she facked up doesn't it look better as an actress, that u are servicing others by helpin out in a soup kitchen or whateva..scruba a few public toilets..what an idiot

luk de reel trubble yah MsEnglishHarbour's Avatar MsEnglishHarbour is offline
    Credits
    So what are they going to do with her character??
    Will she become ....
    dare I say ....
    an Other???

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMs
    I hope she get more than she bargain for dem 5 days she in jail. Why would anyone choose jail over community service although she facked up doesn't it look better as an actress, that u are servicing others by helpin out in a soup kitchen or whateva..scruba a few public toilets..what an idiot

she's not one to care what people think of her........plus i feel she could handle she self in jail......an we all know that community service and rehab doh work for dem celebrities.....and if on a regular day you know to yourself your ass aint going an help in ah soup kitchen why do it cause your forced to.

Credits
    dais meh gyal, i like her as an actress .......... buh wha d ass was she tinkin bout takin jail time ova community service
    doh moke jake

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ice
    she's not one to care what people think of her........plus i feel she could handle she self in jail......an we all know that community service and rehab doh work for dem celebrities.....and if on a regular day you know to yourself your ass aint going an help in ah soup kitchen why do it cause your forced to.

yeah..u feel she can handle sheself..I hoape so, cuz is not only de inmates alone she have to worry about..anyway, I doan see how de jail time guh teach her a lesson...it should've been at least 1 month in jail or community service or no matter if it's five ..her ass need to still do a menial job as a punishment cuz I see another DUI in her future

Credits
    Damn Jersey girls...
    West Indian T-shirts & More: www.wiCulture.com
    Like it on Facebook: facebook.com/wiculturetees

Credits
    simple she wanted a vacation

now she got a whole week off from the blasted show.. and it gets her a lil xtra publicity.. they gonna want to interview her and find out why she did what she did.
    Live your Life!
    www.REVELLERSinc.com

Credits
    I don't care what nobody say, she's hot.

ps. that week she'll probably get kidnapped by the others.

Satisfaction Facilitator Terryfabulous's Avatar Terryfabulous is offline
    Credits
    ummm...all you guys thinking that she's going to be in a real jail...come one now...you know they have those special jails for celebs and what not...who was it a few years back..roberty downey jr. who was allowed to leave so he can film his movie...there was another celeb who had to spend their nites and weekends in jail...this thing going to be a piece of cake....they surely not putting her in a place like rikers...where she'll get turned out...then again who knows these celebs are a bunch of freaks she might like it...

Credits
    interesting publicity stunt she's pulling. however, she's an ass for driving drunk. they should put her in a real jail with hardcore criminals since she thinks she tough but we all know they won't. maybe next time she'll crash and hurt herself to teach her dumb ass a lesson.

Credits
    I'll be her cellmate :

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ms. hershey
    interesting publicity stunt she's pulling. however, she's an ass for driving drunk. they should put her in a real jail with hardcore criminals since she thinks she tough but we all know they won't. maybe next time she'll crash and hurt herself to teach her dumb ass a lesson.

why would u want something bad happen to anyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast