Thread: Meeting co-workers

Credits

Meeting co-workers

Does anyone meet up with their co-workers outside of work? I do it on occasion, its a time to chill and relax with your people at work.
    I have a friend who refuses to do it. I think it also depends on the age group of people you work with. now I work with a lot of people in my age group but my job previous everyone was my moms aga and we had nothing in common so i rarely did.

Credits
    never.

work and play is seperate

luk de reel trubble yah MsEnglishHarbour's Avatar MsEnglishHarbour is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    never.

work and play is seperate

really? i beg to differ ...
    if you the same age, west indian, even better, from the same country you wouldn't bounce up in a fete together?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MsEnglishHarbour
    if you the same age, west indian, even better, from the same country you wouldn't bounce up in a fete together?
    That happened to me. This gurl that I sit beside talkin bout she goes to fetes on a regular and play mas when ever she can

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MsEnglishHarbour
    to the contrary

For me thats even more of a reason not to.
    If I bump into anyone from work @ a fete I may even leave.

dont want dem all up in my bidnez

Credits
    I can't tolerate these people iin work......i damn sure won't tolerate them out of work either and if drink involved i might just tell them the truth about themseves!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Preya
    Does anyone meet up with their co-workers outside of work? I do it on occasion, its a time to chill and relax with your people at work.
    I have a friend who refuses to do it. I think it also depends on the age group of people you work with. now I work with a lot of people in my age group but my job previous everyone was my moms aga and we had nothing in common so i rarely did.
    I have done this, to this day I am still cool with a couple I worked with 10 years ago. We always use to hangout in the same clubs and bars.

Actually now that I think about the first and only white chick I dealt was one of my co-workers. I still speak to her aslo.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bygmyke33
    Actually now that I think about the first and only white chick I dealt was one of my co-workers. I still speak to her aslo.
    IMO most peeps meet up with them
    in college
    @ work
    or overseas(europe)

Credits
    nope
    "If they were appreciated for their personality in the first place, she would not have been told to get extensions or weave when she started out as a reporter. This whole thing would not have been an issue to begin with if these women were appreciated for what was in their heads and on on top it." - Hello BKLYN

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Preya

I will never do such a ting.. cause mos of dem will probably bring up things at the job, and whats the point of dat..

Besides.. Im in a field were nerds run tings and I am not interested in role-playing video games and cpu processor speeds in any environment.

Credits
    I already have to put up with these ppl from 9 - 5. After that, I eh want 2 see dem.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupa
    I will never do such a ting.. cause mos of dem will probably bring up things at the job, and whats the point of dat..
    Besides.. Im in a field were nerds run tings and I am not interested in role-playing video games and cpu processor speeds in any environment.
    that has happened here before. A bunch of them went out to a club and one got drunk and was all over some guy . the rest of them didn't let her live that down for a long time. they talk too much. what's happens after work should stay there.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by zouk
    I already have to put up with these ppl from 9 - 5. After that, I eh want 2 see dem.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    I'm lucky to have a crew that believes in the Rupert Clarke stated mantra of "What happens in de party...stays in de party" So I'll be at LQ with them tonight.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by zouk
    AGREED!!!! 1000% But i do also think it does depend on the age group or nationality!, But then again like ELCHUPA said they may just bring up things at work,or think they have alot of freedom to do things NAH I'M GOOD!! Work and Play keep them seperate