Thread: Medical Weed

Credits

Medical Weed

I'm not a weed-smoker but I'm trying to understand why people are still sent to prison in America for marijuana possession while you can go to hundreds of marijuana dispensers in California to buy weed. Weed is now taxed in some areas in California.
    Get more guitar instrumentals at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/chappahx
    http://www.myspace.com/chappahx

Spranga
    colliefonia is hippy land. all them lawmakers were ex hippies in dey hay dayz

Credits
    they fighting a war on drugs with over $300 Billion but u can purchase it legally in some states smh....

Credits
    like in massachusetts its legal to have a certain amount
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by vincyempress View Post
    like in massachusetts its legal to have a certain amount
    i read about that not too long ago in trut

Credits
    California is planning to go de route of holland.... good idea.

tax the shit out of it.

Credits
    I am trying to put myself in the shoes of many young Black men who have been labeled "felons" because of marijuana use and possession in the UNITED States of America. After that felony it's pretty much over and more often than not the vicious cycle of poverty and crime proceeds unabated in the lives of these men and their families. Meanwhile, you have over 600 legal marijuana dispensaries in LA only, more than McDonalds and Star Bucks. Some counties are even benefiting from marijuana taxation and it has been speculated that this is one potential avenue to rescue California from its budget deficit woes.
    I think it is time that the UNITED states revise their position on marijuana on a whole. You can't label somebody a "felon" in one part of the country while in another part people are at liberty to get weed by simply providing a doctor's "prescription".

Probably more important and relevant is our St.Lucian government's position on marijuana and the treatment of persons caught with marijuana. I don't smoke marijuana, never have, and never will. In fact, I am against smoking of any kind. However, it is time that our government stop being a US puppet and stop this ridiculous wastage of limited resources on the so-called war on drugs. They need to shift their focus away from marijuana to cocaine and heroin and the police need to stop the brutality against young men found with marijuana.
    Let me hear your thoughts on this Imix family
    Last edited by Chappahx; 07-22-2009 at 11:52 AM.

M.I.T.E
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappahx View Post
    I am trying to put myself in the shoes of many young Black men who have been labeled "felons" because of marijuana use and possession in the UNITED States of America. After that felony it's pretty much over and more often than not the vicious cycle of poverty and crime proceeds unabated in the lives of these men and their families. Meanwhile, you have over 600 legal marijuana dispensaries in LA only, more than McDonalds and Star Bucks. Some counties are even benefiting from marijuana taxation and it has been speculated that this is one potential avenue to rescue California from its budget deficit woes.
    I think it is time that the UNITED states revise their position on marijuana on a whole. You can't label somebody a "felon" in one part of the country while in another part people are at liberty to get weed by simply providing a doctor's "prescription".

Probably more important and relevant is our St.Lucian government's position on marijuana and the treatment of persons caught with marijuana. I don't smoke marijuana, never have, and never will. In fact, I am against smoking of any kind. However, it is time that our government stop being a US puppet and stop this ridiculous wastage of limited resources on the so-called war on drugs. They need to shift their focus away from marijuana to cocaine and heroin and the police need to stop the brutality against young men found with marijuana.
    Hear, hear. I agree with you.

I strongly believe that once you decriminalise marijuana, it will greatly reduce the crimes that are often associated with it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappahx View Post

i agree wit what u stated here.

Them have other places fighting their war on drugs spending enough money over sumn they endure in some of their states no point in all that brutality n senselessness

Credits
    If it were legal would you be cool with your daughter/son smoking it in your presence?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    If it were legal would you be cool with your daughter/son smoking it in your presence?
    Yes.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Influence View Post
    Yes.
    Well then ah can't disagree with your position to legalise.

But until I could accept that scenario, I on de fence.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    That does not really make much sense. Does it? I'm not trying to be disrespectful of your position. Like I said, I have never smoked weed nor will I ever but the criminalization of marijuana is ridiculous. Please compare the ill-effects of marijuana use with alcohol and tobacco.
    In response to your point, the legality of anything does not mean it is right morally or spiritually. While prostitution is legal in some countries and rightly so, that does not make it right morally and so I'll never accept that from my children. Alcohol and cigarettes are legal and I will not accept my children using any.
    However, what's the point in the criminalization of marijuana and the felony that follows its possession? Wouldn't you agree that marijuana is a much safer drug than cigarette (tobacco) and alcohol?
    Personally, I am against drug use for my own spiritual/religious reasons. But I also realize that you have to allow people their freedom of choice unless that freedom threatens the life and freedom of others.
    So if ones use of marijuana is not affecting anybody else why fight it?
    Last edited by Chappahx; 07-23-2009 at 12:15 AM.