Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrs. Campbell
  • 1 Post By Klang

Thread: Meanwhile In Guyana ....

Credits

Meanwhile In Guyana ....

Several policemen were Sunday in hot water in connection with the brutal beating of several persons including a woman and her young child on a trail to the gold bearing area of Marudi, Southern Rupununi.

At least two men and the woman and her child were taken to Aishalton Hospital for treatment, according to Vice President of the Amerindian Peoples Association (APA), Tony James.

Telephone contact with that remote interior area is virtually impossible. Demerara Waves Online News was told that officials were meeting with residents at Aishalton to discuss the incident.

Police Commissioner, Leroy Brummel said the Divisional Commander has been instructed to carry out a thorough probe. Policemen senior to those allegedly involved in the incident are conducting the investigation after which the policemen who were on the operation would be brought out to Georgetown and possibly placed on close arrest.

“It doesn’t look good. From what I am hearing, one of the child’s feet might have been broken,” Brummel told Demerara Waves Online News. The video, which was apparently secretly recorded, can be seen here.

The persons, who were engaged in the physical encounter with the police, were alllegedly blocking the trail to prevent Mines Officers from the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC) and police from continuing "Operation El Dorado" to rid the area of illegal miners.

The APA official explained that the area was previously assigned to Vanessa Mines and now Romanex for several decades but little or no work was being done and the concession was left virtually idle.

Eventually, according to the former Toshao, coastlanders entered the area with excavators and other types of equipment to mine for the precious yellow metal.

James said that from what he has observed the area is a free-for-all and there is no monitoring of people entering the Amerindian settlement.

Well-placed sources said President Donald Ramotar's recent visit to the area where he promised to allocate a number of the illegal miners concessions might have exacerbated the situation.

Though the sources were sympathetic with the level of brutality meted out to the the persons, the officials noted that the miners were engaged in widespread illegal activities by mining gold and smuggling it to neighbouring Brazil rather than selling it to the government and paying the required taxes.

Wdmc ..... Politics Time Again
    Linkage !!!

facebook.com/SoundLion - Friend Me
    https://www.youtube.com/user/li0ns0und - Mixes / Remixes --- Check Me Out

Credits
    my suggestion is for all amerindian people of the west indies to move to the nature isle

Credits
    That's why when some...SOME cops get killed, I don't feel sorry.
    Swollen likes this.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Klang View Post
    my suggestion is for all amerindian people of the west indies to move to the nature isle
    Like CARIBS ARE LOVED IN DA... who u trying to fool!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NASDAQ View Post
    Like CARIBS ARE LOVED IN DA... who u trying to fool!
    1st off they arent called caribs, 2nd everybody has their cross to bear, but they would never be treated like this

Credits
    1st off they arent called caribs, 2nd everybody has their cross to bear, but they would never be treated like this
    1st of i been to DA, u treat your caribs (the name i heard locals using) like 2nd class citizens.

2nd of all, yes everybody does but what's the difference between physical n mental abuse?

Credits
    1st of i been to DA, u treat your caribs (the name i heard locals using) like 2nd class citizens.

2nd of all, yes everybody does but what's the difference between physical n mental abuse?
    i never said the name carib was not used in dominica anymore, i said that is not the proper term, and everybody complains about their circumstances (poor people, old people, young people, even criminals) but over all they are doing fine and we constantly working to improve them. also the difference between d.a and g.t is that we always promote our kalinago people, and they are an important part of our branding internationally, so the government would always try to accommodate them; since they do bring in revenue to the nation.
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    i never said the name carib was not used in dominica anymore, i said that is not the proper term, and everybody complains about their circumstances (poor people, old people, young people, even criminals) but over all they are doing fine and we constantly working to improve them. also the difference between d.a and g.t is that we always promote our kalinago people, and they are an important part of our branding internationally, so the government would always try to accommodate them; since they do bring in revenue to the nation.
    well stop acting like it's everyday that Amerindians get mistreated in GT. In the video blacks are also being beaten and recording what took place. Don't try to make an isolated incident look like the norm. DA uses their Kalinago people to generate revenue? the reserve is a tourist attraction right? well GT don't use anybody. Amerindians in GT DO NOT want to be a poppy show, they live as far away from the city as the can. You can visit their villages but sometimes it can takes days to reach.
    The problem is modernization and development will clash with their way of life because people are pushing further into the jungle.

Credits
    well stop acting like it's everyday that Amerindians get mistreated in GT. In the video blacks are also being beaten and recording what took place. Don't try to make an isolated incident look like the norm. DA uses their Kalinago people to generate revenue? the reserve is a tourist attraction right? well GT don't use anybody. Amerindians in GT DO NOT want to be a poppy show, they live as far away from the city as the can. You can visit their villages but sometimes it can takes days to reach.
    The problem is modernization and development will clash with their way of life because people are pushing further into the jungle.
    dominica is not the same size as gt, whether the like it or not they have to integrate with the rest of the country, and they are not taken for poppy show.