Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For me, music has died

dev
    Credits

For me, music has died

Spending my time on the internet, tonight, I learned that JOHNNY CARTER OF THE DELLS DIED LAST AUGUST 2009, AND RON BANKS OF THE DRAMATICS DIED LAST THURSDAY. WHAT A LOSS>

I discovered The Dramatics having being introduced to their music via a friend-Colin Balfour and immediately set out to buy all their albums, then along came The Dells and took singing up another notch. Over the years I attended the concerts and found out what real singing was about.one night, back in 1999,Ron Banks did a tribute to Eddie Kendricks and David Ruffin. In the middle of the songs, the band stopped and the vocals soared,lights went out and candles came out..people cried that night..it was magic..never to be witness again.

I have seen The Dells 11 times in my life and when Marvin Jnr hits and hold the looong note, in the song--stay in my corner, many men weep. no one has done it longer or better..i timed him at 1minute.16 seconds when they played the Beacon Theatre, New York .

Tonight, I sleep with a heavy heart..

THEY SANG..

Credits
    post some examples of there music
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Spending my time on the internet, tonight, I learned that JOHNNY CARTER OF THE DELLS DIED LAST AUGUST 2009, AND RON BANKS OF THE DRAMATICS DIED LAST THURSDAY. WHAT A LOSS>

I discovered The Dramatics having being introduced to their music via a friend-Colin Balfour and immediately set out to buy all their albums, then along came The Dells and took singing up another notch. Over the years I attended the concerts and found out what real singing was about.one night, back in 1999,Ron Banks did a tribute to Eddie Kendricks and David Ruffin. In the middle of the songs, the band stopped and the vocals soared,lights went out and candles came out..people cried that night..it was magic..never to be witness again.

I have seen The Dells 11 times in my life and when Marvin Jnr hits and hold the looong note, in the song--stay in my corner, many men weep. no one has done it longer or better..i timed him at 1minute.16 seconds when they played the Beacon Theatre, New York .

Tonight, I sleep with a heavy heart..

THEY SANG..
    Man we should all be so lucky and successful in life as to touch someone...a stranger... the way that these guys touched you. That's the measure of a life and you can take comfort in knowing that they had successful lives...in the true sense of the word.

dev
    Credits

their version of Me and Mrs Jones.

and the song that put a mark on me.

BE MY GIRL

dev
    Credits
    THE DELLS--STAY IN MY CORNER...LISTEN FOR THE LONG NOTE..NEAR THE END.

:::*** ~~~~00~~~~***::: ~Fleur-De-Lis~'s Avatar ~Fleur-De-Lis~ is offline
    Credits
    wow...RIP

I love this song...

dev
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    man we should all be so lucky and successful in life as to touch someone...a stranger... The way that these guys touched you. That's the measure of a life and you can take comfort in knowing that they had successful lives...in the true sense of the word.
    yes.the night ron banks sang his tribute to david ruffin and eddie kendricks..i cried unashamedly.

Spranga
    dev how old r u?

dev
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~fleur-de-lis~ View Post
    wow...rip

i love this song...

this was the song that got me hooked ..there in cold london,. 1977 and missing her..

Glad u enjoyed..listen to those vocals...johnny carter's and ron bank's voice been still, but the tape is still running...still running.

dev
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by spranga View Post
    dev how old r u?
    old enough to know good music...loool. I was young when i first heard these songs.

Credits
    sometimes when listening to this kind of music, i get envious of the people who grew up in this error... cause good music like this was the norm... great compositions, great voices...

nowadays if music like this comes along, its always the exception and gets a special brand like "neo Soul" cause the know its the exception to the careless music that didnt take much thought
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

:::*** ~~~~00~~~~***::: ~Fleur-De-Lis~'s Avatar ~Fleur-De-Lis~ is offline
    Credits
    I like this song by the Dramatics...

dev
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by hello bklyn View Post
    sometimes when listening to this kind of music, i get envious of the people who grew up in this error... Cause good music like this was the norm... Great compositions, great voices...

Nowadays if music like this comes along, its always the exception and gets a special brand like "neo soul" cause the know its the exception to the careless music that didnt take much thought
    i will continue tomorrow...tell u stories of her in london ..breaking hearts and walking through the rain.

dev
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~fleur-de-lis~ View Post
    i like this song by the dramatics...

doan do it...lawdddddd.... Let me sleep..please.

I have all their albums vinyls and cd..even obscured ones...

Credits
    I didn't know about them dying and i'm a big fan of there music. R.I.P. to the legends...losing too many of them.
    "Giving up is hard to do
    When you really love someone
    Giving up .... so hard to do
    When you still depend upon
    Her warm and tender touch
    Her kiss and her hug..........her caress
    Oooooh that used to mean so much
    And bring you happiness"

- Donny Hathaway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast