Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mattafix: Marlon Roudette

The JaMô
    Quote Originally Posted by Petchine
    Hello there

I just need to share this little story because it really pains me to keep it to myself. I met Marlon back in Lausanne where he was having a concert. It was the best night of my life. The music, the lyrics.. and Marlon. He mooved me in ways I can not explain.At some point we were a having some eye contacts and at the end he grabed my hands. I felt so lucky. But when it ended everything came back to reality, my reality. And I felt desperate. It went the same way it came.It's probably not important to you guys and you're probably thinking "man that lady is crazy" but it feels good just to write about it.
    Again and always, Peace
    It's called LUST my dear...lol... and it's perfectly understandable... he is quite the looker and he has the humble personality to go along with it.

vincy_socababy
    Quote Originally Posted by VincyJam82
    It's called LUST my dear...lol... and it's perfectly understandable... he is quite the looker and he has the humble personality to go along with it.

i have to tell his mother he have stalkers

Credits
    MARLON REMEMBERS SISTER PAT

By 'Bassy' Alexander

And is months now ah suppose to big up me friend Marlon who making it big on the Music Scene in Europe. About twelve or so years ago ah went to wuk foh Vonnie Roudette in the Valley. She had two small kids running round the house then, a lickle girl, ah toddler really, and her brother who was about eight. Ah found it strange to see ah tenor pan in the living room. When ah enquired ah was told that Marlon, who loves the pan was learning to play. Ah few years later ah saw him playing foh one ah the big bands, think it was Fantasia Steel Orchestra.

Some time after my wife came home and told me about this interesting young kid she was teaching; how he was transferred from St Martins Sec. to meet the Queen of Discipline Sister Pat because he was suppose to be ah budding trouble maker, but on the contrary, she found him the opposite, full ah discipline and manners and most of all he was good at his books. We both agreed that it was the number ah girls in the class that mek him pull up his socks, "girls do mek us do strange things at times". Ah set up ah lickle friendship with the youngster and we talked music whenever we met; ah remembered telling him if he ever left SVG his best chances would be as ah Pan-man. Casually he told me he will tek me up on that. When Marlon took his GCE and CXC he did exceptionally well and then he went of to the UK to study. His mom kept me up to date on his progress and she would say he always sent his regards. When he came home one Christmas, he told me he was now into recording and studio work. Then he told me he had ah small group called "Mattafix" and that ah would ah been pleased to know that in all his performances on stage his pan is there, also he accompanies himself on the Pan in all his music.. The part with the Pan ah overs but the name Mattafix didn't click with me. Is not until ah told my wife about the "Mattafix" band foh Marlon, that she smiled and explained that Sister Pat had her way of closing off ah discussion with the students by simply telling them: "Problem Solved, Matter Fixed"! No doubt "Mattafix" is Marlon's way of saying thanks to Sister Pat.

The Press is covering him in ah big way and his Music is really climbing on the English and European Charts. Ah believe the next time ah see lickle Marlon, financially foh him it will certainly be "Mattafix"! Ah feel so good foh the youngster. Keep climbing, son!

And with that ah gone again.

Credits
    PICS of MATTAFIX performing at MTV TRL in Australia, and also being INTERVIEWED

Credits
    Mattafix is in VINCYLAND.

I guess Marlon is taking a BREAK from his HECTIC schedule in Europe.

About 45 minutes ago he was being INTERVIEWED on NBC RADIO in VINCYLAND.

Credits
    VP u really mek this thread fa ya self cause u seem to be responding de most to ya own comments....no more KL since he lost the award to Machel now u found a new discovery...fadda help us alll....continue

*exits post real damn fast*

The JaMô
    Quote Originally Posted by erikka309
    VP u really mek this thread fa ya self cause u seem to be responding de most to ya own comments....no more KL since he lost the award to Machel now u found a new discovery...fadda help us alll....continue

Yuh best run for cover! KEY STROKES approaching!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    How am I DOING?????
    lol...from what i hear so far they sound good, nice vibe. thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VincyJam82
    Yuh best run for cover! KEY STROKES approaching!!!!

she better run in truth

Credits

I MEK dis THREAD so that MEMBERS and PEEPERS can VIEW the TALENTS coming out of SVG.

Anything to do wid VINCY, you KNOW I gine BRING it to de SURFACE.

As for de KING of MAINSTREAM SOCA losing an UNDERGROUND award to MACHEL, no BIGGIE. Kevin has won NUFF of those ALREADY.

But like I've always STATED, Machel is an EXCELLENT entertainer, no DOUBT about that.

The UNDERGROUND award was for "SOCA ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR", so it is not REALLY a SURPRISE that WHINER BOY was de FAVORITE to win it.

Anyhow, PICK UP that MATTAFIX CD "SIGNS OF A STRUGGLE"....WICKED!!

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Thanks Powa they sound real good and he's a handsome dude. I wonder if he could make a guest appearance for Canrival it would be nice, if not next year. It would be great to have our Superstars home for Carnival.
    Link me on fassbook http://www.facebook.com/#!/SocaDivaChandelle
    2 Sweet 2 B 4Gotten:)

Credits
    VP u know i only pulling ya chest hairs....nothing but best wishes for those who doing their thing...we is all ONE FAMILEE

*exits VERY QUIETLY as not to awake VP*

The JaMô
    VP u know i only pulling ya chest hairs....nothing but best wishes for those who doing their thing...we is all ONE FAMILEE

How you know VP have chest hairs?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by **Vincy-Soca-Diva**
    Thanks Powa they sound real good and he's a handsome dude. I wonder if he could make a guest appearance for Canrival it would be nice, if not next year. It would be great to have our Superstars home for Carnival.
    ahem.....are we looking ah date?
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits

Before YUH run GAAN, come COMB my CHEST HAIRS fo ME.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast