Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Masqueraders...

  1. #1
    look meh! Socaboy's Avatar Socaboy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    12,249
    Credits
    1,016,929

    Masqueraders...

    I want to ask allyuh ah serious question. What is it exactly draws you to play mas? Is it the band on the road, the mas band, the designer or is it the actual costume? Now I ask this because every year in my opinion, I see less and less costumes out there for carnival. When I say that, I don't mean the actual costumes getting smaller, but literally there really aren't many more costumes out there, the only thing I've been seeing is bikinis and headbands with two feathers in them. Do you really feel it's worth the $300USD+? Or do allyuh do it just to be able to say yuh play in Trinidad?

  2. #2
    The Original Diva Platinum Diva's Avatar Platinum Diva is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Diva's world
    Posts
    3,577
    Credits
    1,068,219
    As a masquerader who playing mas fifteen years now.It just the fact being able to put on that costume and jump up with yuh friends, family or who ever it is all day for two days and free up yuhself not thinking about anything and just having pure fun and it is only once a year you can do this it is not the same in other countires yuh could hear yuh favorite band all day.It something you have to experience for yourself to see what it is like.Prices off costumes does not matter when you think about how good yuh look, and how much time it takes to make one costume much less thousands

  3. #3
    IMIX ATTORNEY GENERAL Trinibaje's Avatar Trinibaje is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    24,079
    Credits
    1,560,847
    I PLAYING SAILOR MAS DIS YEAR....

    SO LOOK FUH DE DRUNKEN SAILOR

  4. #4
    Miss
    Guest

    Thumbs up

    Originally posted by Platinum Diva
    As a masquerader who playing mas fifteen years now.It just the fact being able to put on that costume and jump up with yuh friends, family or who ever it is all day for two days and free up yuhself not thinking about anything and just having pure fun and it is only once a year you can do this it is not the same in other countires yuh could hear yuh favorite band all day.It something you have to experience for yourself to see what it is like.Prices off costumes does not matter when you think about how good yuh look, and how much time it takes to make one costume much less thousands

    I AGREE GIRL - IT IS NOTHING LIKE FEELING SEXY, JUMPING UP, WHINNING, DRINKING AND ENJOYING THE MUSIC!!!!

    THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR AND I PLAYED MAS 3 TIMES IN DC NY AND MIAMI- SO HELL YEAH WHEN I GO TNT IT WILL BE WORTH $300.

  5. #5
    look meh! Socaboy's Avatar Socaboy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    12,249
    Credits
    1,016,929
    Originally posted by Trinibaje
    I PLAYING SAILOR MAS DIS YEAR....

    SO LOOK FUH DE DRUNKEN SAILOR
    I hear yuh does play drunken sailor every weekend.

  6. #6
    TRiNi TiL aH Die... LaDY TRooKLyN's Avatar LaDY TRooKLyN is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,432
    Credits
    1,007,841
    ...all dem tings dem sayin, cyah stop she from jumpin...carnival baby...cuz you concieved in february...carnival baby...

  7. #7
    Registered User CARAMELSISTA's Avatar CARAMELSISTA is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    BKLYN, USA
    Posts
    24,184
    Credits
    1,016,762
    Freeing up yourself!!!

  8. #8
    Solidarity
    Guest

    Re: Masqueraders...

    Originally posted by Socaboy
    I want to ask allyuh ah serious question. What is it exactly draws you to play mas? Is it the band on the road, the mas band, the designer or is it the actual costume? Now I ask this because every year in my opinion, I see less and less costumes out there for carnival. When I say that, I don't mean the actual costumes getting smaller, but literally there really aren't many more costumes out there, the only thing I've been seeing is bikinis and headbands with two feathers in them. Do you really feel it's worth the $300USD+? Or do allyuh do it just to be able to say yuh play in Trinidad?
    i want to know why yuh does play? yuh fassy mas-playin-man you!

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113

    Re: Re: Masqueraders...

    Originally posted by Solidarity
    i want to know why yuh does play? yuh fassy mas-playin-man you!


    I only play paintball so I dunno

  10. #10
    IMIX ATTORNEY GENERAL Trinibaje's Avatar Trinibaje is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    24,079
    Credits
    1,560,847
    Originally posted by Socaboy
    I hear yuh does play drunken sailor every weekend.
    so... do you have a problem with dat :

  11. #11
    Solidarity
    Guest

    Re: Re: Re: Masqueraders...

    Originally posted by PhatJamz kiDD


    I only play paintball so I dunno
    hey doh draw too much attention to my post, i may get in trouble again

  12. #12
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Masqueraders...

    Originally posted by Solidarity
    hey doh draw too much attention to my post, i may get in trouble again
    I am sorry when you said that this image came to mind..

    Socaboy??

  13. #13
    look meh! Socaboy's Avatar Socaboy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    12,249
    Credits
    1,016,929

    Re: Re: Masqueraders...

    Originally posted by Solidarity
    i want to know why yuh does play? yuh fassy mas-playin-man you!
    I can't believe this is the same guy that was seen last year in Poison, prancing around in ah purple Speedo...What happened to you Mr. Solidarity? You hang up yuh speedos for good now?

    P.S. Walk good

  14. #14
    Solidarity
    Guest

    Re: Re: Re: Masqueraders...

    Originally posted by PhatJamz kiDD
    I am sorry when you said that this image came to mind..

    Socaboy??
    hhhmm...dat image came to your mind....dah kinda suspeck deh boss.





    Originally posted by Socaboy
    I can't believe this is the same guy that was seen last year in Poison, prancing around in ah purple Speedo...What happened to you Mr. Solidarity? You hang up yuh speedos for good now?

    P.S. Walk good
    Speedos....where yuh see dat, yuh was lookin up meh shorts? :freak

    P.S. Ah runnin!

  15. #15
    We Not I UpTown's Avatar UpTown is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Brooklyn US
    Posts
    5,419
    Credits
    1,018,338
    Originally posted by Platinum Diva
    As a masquerader who playing mas fifteen years now.It just the fact being able to put on that costume and jump up with yuh friends, family or who ever it is all day for two days and free up yuhself not thinking about anything and just having pure fun and it is only once a year you can do this it is not the same in other countires yuh could hear yuh favorite band all day.It something you have to experience for yourself to see what it is like.Prices off costumes does not matter when you think about how good yuh look, and how much time it takes to make one costume much less thousands
    I will second that Diva ...:) as you said it , you have to experience it yourself , it's just a rush for me , I think if carnival was more than 2 days , I doh think I could make ..:)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •