Thread: "Married to Medicine" Cancelled

LB
    Credits

"Married to Medicine" Cancelled

I never heard of this becoming a reality show until I saw that it has been already scrapped. lol

So what you all think? Is this hypocritical that people don't have a problem with ratchet reality shows of black women dating/married to/divorced from rappers/football players/etc., or of strippers working the poll - but people have a big problem with black professional women being depicted as catty and ratchet for ratings? Why is it worse when "educated" women act nasty and catty towards one another?

The only semi-reality show I watch is Top Chef, so personally, I dont get the appeal of any of these types of reality shows.

Bury The Ratchet: Howard University Medical Students Petition To Have Bravo's 'Married To Medicine' Reality Show Canceled | Madame Noire | Black Women's Lifestyle Guide | Black Hair | Black Love
    "Twats you people be" - Chinks

"Don't try to win over the haters, you're not the jackass whisperer."

Some people get you and some people donít, and to spend your life trying to make people understand how deep and complex and varied you are ó I think that way lies madness - K. Blanchett

"The leopard's stealthy gait is not a result of cowardice; it is simply stalking a prey." (Do not mistake people's gentle nature for spinelessness) - Yoruba Proverb

Credits
    I have no interest in such shows, imo. Frankly, it's a bunch of sensational trash for people with nothing to do. That people are protesting it doesn't bother me. It's trash...and personally, I don't know any doctors or doctor's wives who carry on like that.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    I have no interest in such shows, imo. Frankly, it's a bunch of sensational trash for people with nothing to do. That people are protesting it doesn't bother me. It's trash...and personally, I don't know any doctors or doctor's wives who carry on like that.
    ...don't folks watch TV for entertainment purposes? If u have something to do, would u be watching TV?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    ...don't folks watch TV for entertainment purposes? If u have something to do, would u be watching TV?
    People are able to choose a particular activity or program when they have nothing to do/free time. If you choose to watch that, that's your business. To me, it's a bunch sensational trash. *shrug*

Credits
    Yeah I'm going to agree with the medical students on this one. I have never seen anybody professional, especially a doctor behave like that. If they did, I highly doubt they would want people to see them fighting and getting drunk on tv. Talk about losing clientele.

Credits
    People are able to choose a particular activity or program when they have nothing to do/free time. If you choose to watch that, that's your business. To me, it's a bunch sensational trash. *shrug*
    yea but ANYTHING u watch is to pass the time...u said that people who watch these shows have no life...i beg to differ

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    yea but ANYTHING u watch is to pass the time...u said that people who watch these shows have no life...i beg to differ
    If you know that, then you shouldn't have an issue. Nowhere did I say that the people have no life...

Credits
    If you know that, then you shouldn't have an issue. Nowhere did I say that the people have no life...
    nvm...lol